Week 12 Upset picks/w point spread

drdiags

Reaction score
So I figure I would add some spice to the upset picks.

The spread as it was on Tuesday.

FavoriteUnderdogPoint Spread (as of Tuesday)Underdog Beats the SpreadUnderdog Wins Outright
Saints@Falcons7.5davidonmiNo one
Panthers@Dolphins4.0KCHawkGirl,Seahawkfan80 PUSHNo one
Bears@RamsEvenNo Upset Pick PossibleNo Upset Pick Possible
@RavensJets4.0E.C. Laloosh,Smelly McUgly,KCHawkGirl,MANUNITED23VivaEfrenHerrera,davidonmi
@TexansJaguars10.0DrDiags,AbsolutNET,RolandDeschain,Smelly McUgly,KCHawkGirl,CartireIcedHawk,ivotuk
@PackersVikings5.0E.C. Laloosh,Smelly McUgly,Erebus,Seahawkfan80IcedHawk,ivotuk PUSH
@BrownsSteelers1.0AbsolutNET,RolandDeschain,KCHawkGirl,MANUNITED23,Seahawkfan80DrDiags,Smelly McUgly,VivaEfrenHerrera,Erebus
@LionsBucs9.5DrDiags,AbsolutNET,RolandDeschain,Cartire,Erebus,IcedHawkivotuk
@ChiefsChargers5.0Polaris,Seahawkfan80Cartire
@RaidersTitans1.0MANUNITED23Cartire,ivotuk
@CardinalsColts1.0Polaris,KCHawkGirlAbsolutNET,ivotuk
@GiantsCowboys3.0PolarisSmelly McUgly,davidonmi,ivotuk
Broncos@Patriots3.0RolandDeschain,E.C. Laloosh,KCHawkGirl,MANUNITED23VivaEfrenHerrera,davidonmi,ivotuk
49ers@Washington5.0E.C. Laloosh,davidonmi,KCHawkGirlSmelly McUgly,Erebus,ivotuk

Final Totals:

Ouright Wins by Underdog : 7
Covers by Underdog : 9
Covers pushed by Underdog : 1
Ties by Underdog : 1

Most incorrect outright win picks : Ivotuk (2)
Most incorrect cover picks : KCHawkGirl (3)

Most correct outright win picks : Ivotuk (5)
Most correct cover picks : RolandDeschain (4)
Most cover pushes : KCHawkGirl, Seahawkfan80 (1)
Most outright win pushes : IcedHawk, Ivotuk (1)

Skunked : no one

Laloosh

Reaction score
Rams, Jets, Vikings, Patriots, Redskins

Was tempted to pick the Bucs and Jags and am not doing so, which means they'll probably be the only two upsets.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Patriots as home dogs?! If I was actually a gambler, that one would get my attention for sure. And the Stealers are going to beat the Browns, that's just what happens in the NFL.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
I see the odds are dropping on the Pats/Broncos and NYG/Cowboys from 3 to 2.5. I am going to stick with the odds I grabbed when I first put this together. Just saves me from spinning all week as the line goes up and down.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot somethin'. The hunch player in me likes the Jets for some silly reason. So: Jets, Stealers, Pats are my picks. (Cots and Titans are pretty easy picks too, but I'll leave those to others...)

Polaris

Reaction score
My take:

Cowboys (who are better than the Giants....the Giants have been feasting on weak competition and/or competition with third string QBs), Jets (who I think are better than the Ravens), Chargers (I think Rivers even in Arrowhead can get that crucial two scores up), and the Colts (not sold on Arizona) but Luck for all my dislike of him really is the "real deal".

Erebus

Reaction score
I'll go with the Stealers and Redskins. I hope the Falcons can pull off the upset, but I really don't see it happening, so I'm not going out on that limb.

Cartire

Reaction score
So are we playing ATS now? Or is it still upset victory?

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Cartire":1nwlao8g said:

As a non-gambling dude, sorry for my wording. I want to use the spread to determine if you got it right. So yes, Jags lose by 9, you win if you pick them. Am I doing that right? I am a newbie on the whole spread thing.

Plus some have used the word cover and outright, so you could pick cover vs upset as well. Maybe I will add that to next week's format. Just trying to keep it spiced up and help my oncoming CRS (cannot remember stuff) affliction. This is good brain exercise for me.

Cartire

Reaction score
drdiags":26xwmzy2 said:
Cartire":26xwmzy2 said:

As a non-gambling dude, sorry for my wording. I want to use the spread to determine if you got it right. So yes, Jags lose by 9, you win if you pick them. Am I doing that right? I am a newbie on the whole spread thing.

Plus some have used the word cover and outright, so you could pick cover vs upset as well. Maybe I will add that to next week's format. Just trying to keep it spiced up and help my oncoming CRS (cannot remember stuff) affliction. This is good brain exercise for me.

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Picking to cover and picking to upset, interesting.

Jags, bucs cover.

Titans, chargers for the upset.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
drdiags":1b2ixisn said:
Cartire":1b2ixisn said:

As a non-gambling dude, sorry for my wording. I want to use the spread to determine if you got it right. So yes, Jags lose by 9, you win if you pick them. Am I doing that right? I am a newbie on the whole spread thing...
Well, I'm a non-gambling dude too. However, the game of picking against the spread is way different than picking upsets where the underdog wins outright. Using the spread essentially turns every game into a coin-flip.

But picking underdogs to cover is a fun game too. ;)

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":11b596ad said:
Thanks for putting this all together, by the way, Dr. Diags. This is really fun.

No problem. I just don't want to mess it up. Originally when PE was doing it, he was looking for folks to put themselves out there being able to pick upsets. I don't want to take that away so next week I am going to create the pick to cover and the outright upset columns. I am not sure if it is easier to pick to cover or an outright upset but don't want to make this a hassle for folks, so will try to keep it simple.

Latest posts