Week 3 Power Rankings Roundup

plyka

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":37t38a24 said:
Our OLine is in shambles. I don't expect us to win this weekend. The Line is our Achilles Heel right now. I don't think our D can be on the field that long to take over the game and they WILL be on the field a lot this weekend.

You're right, the oline is BELOW average by some margin. I'm disapointed in Cable. Hopefully we can get Bowie/Baley some more time, they look pretty good from what I saw last week.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
formido":3m0ey6hs said:
How often has a flashy offense hummed against lesser competition, only to sputter when it faces the best, most physical defense in its league?

You just summarized Peyton Manning's career in one sentence. Great Job!

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Cognitively I know that the only power ranking that matters is the one in early February. But I'll be dammed if these aren't fun to read!

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2fqylf65 said:
E.C. Laloosh":2fqylf65 said:
AZ Cardinals started 4-0 last year. When we hit 10-0 I'll start thinking we're a lock for the playoffs lol.

Arizona Cardinals also had terrible advanced statistics.

Seattle currently has an NFL playoff probability of 99.8%! That means of every 1000 teams, only 2 wouldn't make the playoffs. Seattle is that good.

I don't know if that's actually accurate...but the 99.8% sounds awesome!!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":1gdnwab6 said:
Seahwkgal":1gdnwab6 said:
Our OLine is in shambles. I don't expect us to win this weekend. The Line is our Achilles Heel right now. I don't think our D can be on the field that long to take over the game and they WILL be on the field a lot this weekend.

I disagree. Houston's secondary isn't exactly stellar. I would expect to see some quick check downs from RW3. It could possibly be an ugly game but I don't see us losing this week.

24-17 hawks

We must have at least limited success at running the ball or it will be a long day. Otherwise, Houston will keep Russ on his back all day and they are more than capable of containing him.

You gotta factor in that the Houston D practices against an accomplished zone-blocking OL; not a patchwork job like ours, and they are very good against the run. Further, don't ignore the fact that their run D is better than ours.

Defense and special teams will be the difference if we win this one. Hopefully the D can keep the score close long enough for our ragtag OL to sort some things out. Turnovers will help a bunch.