Weekly fire Bevell

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2x5zb5yk said:
This forum just makes me laugh.

The play actually worked, but RW never even gave Kearse a chance. If Russell didn't over throw him out of bounds, it would have been a TD.

But instead of calling out our QB....fire Bevell.

The play call was fine, although I would love to see Graham in the red zone.

But 1 TD in 23 drives? It's hard not to point a little blame at our O coordinator.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People are going to have to pick their excuse.

Either:

A) Wilson is still injured, in which case he should not be playing. Not because someone else is going to be better, but because he will heal faster without getting people constantly smashing into him for 3 hours.

B) Bevel is incompetent and is dragging this team down.

You do not get to argue that one of the best QBs in the game, is healthy and putting up production like this.

It does not bother me as much as it did, because I am somewhat numb/used-to-it but it pretty much assures I have no expectations for this team this year. You do not get to win games if you cannot score points. And no matter how good your defense, if you keep the game close you allow the officials to make a mistake that removes your opportunity to win.

But Carroll is tremendously loyal, so I expect that Bevel would have to be convicted of a horrible crime to somehow get this team to remove him. Nothing short of a felony would cause them to cut bait with him and I know there is not a team stupid enough to hire him away from us otherwise.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The packers are without their #1 wr, their #1 rb, but they found a way to overcome those and still put 32 points against the Falcons in Atlanta. There's a team that adjusted to their personnel available. The Seahawks haven't done that. Period.

Jville

Reaction score
*** No one has the power to frame the hysteria of a fire Bevell campaigh.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Offense worst in the league. We have solid talent in all skill positions. Got to look at someone.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawkfan68":11dhwo83 said:
The packers are without their #1 wr, their #1 rb, but they found a way to overcome those and still put 32 points against the Falcons in Atlanta. There's a team that adjusted to their personnel available. The Seahawks haven't done that. Period.

This is laughable. Watch how much time Aaron Rodgers has to throw the ball, oh and a heathly Aaron Rodgers who is the best QB in the league in might add. There number one WR is Jordy Nelson who is playing and have a great game. So other then having a good OL and a healthy QB were excalty the same.

getnasty

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2m93uvrk said:
Offense worst in the league. We have solid talent in all skill positions. Got to look at someone.

Jimmy Graham is probably a top 5 tight end. I could name at least 20 Wr's better then Doug Baldwin, Christine Michael didn't make our team last year, but we have solid talent in all the skill positions?

seedhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ses4rmw said:

Either:

A) Wilson is still injured, in which case he should not be playing. Not because someone else is going to be better, but because he will heal faster without getting people constantly smashing into him for 3 hours.

You do not get to argue that one of the best QBs in the game, is healthy and putting up production like this.

It does not bother me as much as it did, because I am somewhat numb/used-to-it but it pretty much assures I have no expectations for this team this year. You do not get to win games if you cannot score points. And no matter how good your defense, if you keep the game close you allow the officials to make a mistake that removes your opportunity to win.

But Carroll is tremendously loyal, so I expect that Bevel would have to be convicted of a horrible crime to somehow get this team to remove him. Nothing short of a felony would cause them to cut bait with him and I know there is not a team stupid enough to hire him away from us otherwise.

Or, (gasp), Wilson leaves too many yards and even TD's on the field because he is not infallible. Or, is it institutional? Since PC became our coach, and we got RW, we went 11-5, 13-3, 12-4, 10-6, and so far 4-2-1. In our 50 wins in that time, 20 of them were 4th Q or OT game winning drives. And only once have we lost by more than 1 score. But, how many of our wins were decided by a score or less without the last minute heroics? Why do we always find ourselves in these positions so consistently?

Not a decision made by the OC. Most of it falls directly at Pete's feet.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":2midn5oh said:
TwistedHusky":2midn5oh said:

Either:

Or, (gasp), Wilson leaves too many yards and even TD's on the field because he is not infallible. Or, is it institutional? Since PC became our coach, and we got RW, we went 11-5, 13-3, 12-4, 10-6, and so far 4-2-1. In our 50 wins in that time, 20 of them were 4th Q or OT game winning drives. And only once have we lost by more than 1 score. But, how many of our wins were decided by a score or less without the last minute heroics? Why do we always find ourselves in these positions so consistently?

Well said. The "either/or" dichotomies presented often on this board are simply untenable. There are too many factors that play into it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":2n4nhmyy said:
TwistedHusky":2n4nhmyy said:

Either:

Well said. The "either/or" dichotomies presented often on this board are simply untenable. There are too many factors that play into it.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
getnasty":2z28vtfk said:
Coug_Hawk08":2z28vtfk said:

Jimmy Graham is probably a top 5 tight end. I could name at least 20 Wr's better then Doug Baldwin, Christine Michael didn't make our team last year, but we have solid talent in all the skill positions?

Baldwin still being called pedestrian by our own fan base? Interesting. The reality is that he is excellent.

In any case 'solid' doesn't necessarily mean world beaters. But it is at least league average. We have the fewest scored points in the league. It doesn't correlate to our talent, injured (Lockett, Wilson, Rawls) or not.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
getnasty":yf6xjg76 said:
Coug_Hawk08":yf6xjg76 said:

Jimmy Graham is a Top 2 tight end being used like he is a Top 100 tight end. If we continue to use him as just another guy and not a once in a decade talent, we will continue to sputter on offense. There is 0 reason to use him like we did today and pay him $10 mil a year. 1 Red zone Touchdown for him in 2 years is a simply unacceptable use of his talents. That is 100% on the coaching staff.

The 3 games that we treated him like a top 2 tight end, (running seam routes and routes down the field, NOT these 3 yard out routes on 3rd down when it's 3rd and 6) coincidentally are the three games we looked halfway decent on offense.

There was not a single person on our team as hyped up for this game as Jimmy, and he is basically not even in the game plan?

It is tough to watch.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
What I can't stand is some posters here think the coaches are above reproach.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The injuries to RW have caused him to not be able to be an absolute magician with the ability to turn turds into gold. With a less than magical QB, bevel's offense is and always has been 7-9. Just like it was with T-Jack. RW has been making chicken soup out of chicken shit for so long, you bevel apologists/ fan boyz have convinced yourselves that he actually is a good OC. You couldn't be more deluded. bevel has his own version of the WCO - the version that doesn't work.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
scrummymustard":p95m0oar said:
getnasty":p95m0oar said:
Coug_Hawk08":p95m0oar said:

Jimmy Graham is a Top 2 tight end being used like he is a Top 100 tight end. If we continue to use him as just another guy and not a once in a decade talent, we will continue to sputter on offense. There is 0 reason to use him like we did today and pay him $10 mil a year. 1 Red zone Touchdown for him in 2 years is a simply unacceptable use of his talents. That is 100% on the coaching staff.

The 3 games that we treated him like a top 2 tight end, (running seam routes and routes down the field, NOT these 3 yard out routes on 3rd down when it's 3rd and 6) coincidentally are the three games we looked halfway decent on offense.

There was not a single person on our team as hyped up for this game as Jimmy, and he is basically not even in the game plan?

It is tough to watch.

I don't know who you think you are, but this post is excellent specifically the bold. The follow up paragraph was good as well.
What's the point of paying him that money not to use him, I'm just saying even going back to trading Unger, might as well just save that money for the line.

I'm just confused as to why we do things only to not use them correctly, and I'm starting to think this is a larger coaching problem.

cymatica

Reaction score
The excuse i have heard why they use graham to block and stay inside half the time is to not telegraph the playcall. Sounds like they need a bigger playbook or more variety out of each formation.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
cymatica":1zhq0xes said:
The excuse i have heard why they use graham to block and stay inside half the time is to not telegraph the playcall. Sounds like they need a bigger playbook or more variety out of each formation.

Thats bad coaching then, lol.

You shouldn't need to use a player to disguise a play call. That just tells me the play calls are vanilla in nature and I've been right about Bevell for the last three years.

Which I have been.