Welcome Back Christine Michael

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
HawkGA":1squ158y said:
I wonder, has anybody ever traded a player during the season, received a draft pick in compensation, and then signed that player again later that same season?

Not the same season, but the Jets were very close to pulling off an Ocean's Eleven style heist from the Bucs after receiving a 1st (Sheldon Richardson) & 4th for Revis and nearly signed him back the following offseason if it wasn't for IDZIK the MISER letting him go to the Evil Empire.

The only thing Idzik was good for was taking on Percy.

OrFan

Reaction score
Natural physical talent galore, with the brain of a mouse.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I seriously hope C-Mike drops a 100+ yd game and 1 TD just for you.

FanSince82":3i7g6qhq said:
Yay, no-risk-no-reward retreads that offer no conceivable benefit to the team.

It's all on you, Russ. Let's pray for Marshawn's abdomen.

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":1p60e4b3 said:
The preseason is my favorite time of the year. There's no pressure to win and you get to see about three times as many players take the field as you normally would. But best of all, preseason games are like the NFL equivalent of an elimination based reality show like Survivor. Guys are playing for their jobs every week.

This game only matters, and barely, if Seattle loses. Even if Seattle loses they would still control their own destiny and probably make the playoffs.

So normally, this would be a pretty boring game. But with the Seahawks trying out three different RBs to win a short term starting job and possibly a chance to compete for the 2016 roster, now we actually have a reason to care, especially if Lynch doesn't make it back for the playoffs for whatever reason.

It helps to that both Brown and Michael are physially gifted backs. They were street FAs for a reason, but both can be fun to watch. Coleman looks like he's got some burst too.

I feel like you've been going far to optimist lately. A 3 back tryout rotation, during the final stretch, feels like an awfully arrogant thing to pull. Continuity is a necessity at this point. They have no idea if they can reinvent the wheel. Someone is going to be the featured back on sunday, and if they succeed, they will be starting next week. If they dont, next man up. IT sucks. But this is the state we're in. No team is having padded practices at this point in the season. You have to hope players are acclimatized to the noise and the pursuit. Gameday opponents are a little better then the practice defense.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
I like this. Right now this is Russell's team and it has a pass-oriented offense, with or without Rawls/Beast.

I don't think it matters if Michael averages 1.5 yards per carry. He might hit the hole 20% of the time, but when he blindly stumbles through it, he explodes for 20 yards. What matters is that because he has talent (yes, he has talent) defenses will have to at least respect the run game enough to not sell out against the pass, and if they don't sell out to stop the pass, Russell can pick them apart all day.

Although now I'm starting to remember how Michael looks in pass protection...hmm...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Obvious move. Some people are just bitter because Michael didn't live up to the expectations of a 2nd Round pick. That doesn't mean you don't give him a shot when he's available for cheap, has experience in this offense, and you need a stopgap for a couple weeks.

Christine Michael: “I’m just here to work and give you guys all I have. That’s all I can do. All I want to do. And I told them just like that.’’

“Like he (Carroll) told me, some days I be on a roll, some days I be focused I come out there, and it’s true,’’ he said. “I have a couple good days and then I, you know, I’ve just got to show them consistency. Work like these other guys. And they do have guys that work Doug (Baldwin), (Jermaine) Kearse, and on the defensive side Earl (Thomas), all those guys. And that’s what I want to follow and what I need to follow.’’

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... ll-i-have/

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2015":23d9kbso said:
Obvious move. Some people are just bitter because Michael didn't live up to the expectations of a 2nd Round pick. That doesn't mean you don't give him a shot when he's available for cheap, has experience in this offense, and you need a stopgap for a couple weeks.

Christine Michael: “I’m just here to work and give you guys all I have. That’s all I can do. All I want to do. And I told them just like that.’’

“Like he (Carroll) told me, some days I be on a roll, some days I be focused I come out there, and it’s true,’’ he said. “I have a couple good days and then I, you know, I’ve just got to show them consistency. Work like these other guys. And they do have guys that work Doug (Baldwin), (Jermaine) Kearse, and on the defensive side Earl (Thomas), all those guys. And that’s what I want to follow and what I need to follow.’’

Hummm....upon reading those quotes. He may be "a quart low".

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1dr23zms said:
hawknation2015":1dr23zms said:

Hummm....upon reading those quotes. He may be "a quart low".

I think we knew that already. He went to "school" at Texas A&M, after all.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Bevell calls plays where he can just run forward and hit a hole we will be fine, it's when they ask him to think he gets into trouble, he's a natural back, but not a thinking football player from what we have seen, let him do what he does best, run down hill. Oh and no sweeps where he has to expose the ball or change hands.

olyfan63

Reaction score
In CMike's Texas A&M highlights, he played with none other than... Johnny Football!
What was interesting on some of those plays was the effort and attention he put into blocking for Manziel when Manziel would scramble. Not the best technique, but the effort and intent was definitely there.

I'm happy to see CMike back, and get another shot. He's probably a better fit now than at the start of the season.

He does have a 4.6 YPC average for his career, about 75 carries or so. Only 1 fumble in those 75 carries.
His average with Dallas this year was 3.4 YPC. I expect that was not knowing their scheme and where to run.
Funny, now he looks like a poor man's Thomas Rawls. Rawls is better, smoother, crisper, all the way around, but Michael has a similar quickness and burst.

peppersjap

Reaction score
After watching Gilmore last week I couldn't be happier to have Michael back. I was ok with Bryce Brown but I hope Michael gets the initial shot. We are really seeing the "next man up" thing coming up this year.

Rob12

Reaction score
austinslater25":15ljoisf said:
I've watched Michaels tape a few times and I'm still blown away by his talent on a regular basis. It wouldn't shock me at all if he blows up and puts up big numbers the rest of the way. It also wouldn't surprise me if he does absolutely nothing. That's what makes this so intriguing. He is more talented than people realize on .net

I'm excited about brown/Michael and hope they can keep the running game acceptable. I have a feeling they will.

Agreed, and I love a good redemption story. Michael has a good shot at one here, as does Brown.

Rob12

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":9g6ey7tq said:
[youtube]7ImPHJEoR3A[/youtube]

Awesome. Really rooting for this kid. It's kind of surreal that he's a Seahawk again. The talent is there, he just needs to seize it.

Rob12

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1n9lnw3b said:
Hate to say it but, Rawls' days are numbered here.

Uh, why? He's our back of the future. Not sure why you think this.

massari

Reaction score
Would be awesome if Michael and/or Brown plays well enough and earns a shot next preseason to try out to be Rawl's backup in 2016.

Latest posts