I Pray RW Comes back to Seattle.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We can hope for almost any type of solution, and some people want this? When will it end?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Didn't read through the thread, but hard pass

The media spectacle would be unbearable, a backup qb isnt valuable enough to be that kind of distraction
That's the other part of this equation. Macdonald doesn't need the kind of distraction in his very first year that would inevitably occur just for a frigging backup quarterback. I would think that the players wouldn't welcome such a media circus, either.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I tried embedding a funny relevant video and it didn't work. Link perhaps?

That worked better, at least for me.

The Kiebler elf line was awesome lol. The one thing the cynic in me disagrees with in here is how he said Russ handled it with all class and never criticized anyone else. Side note: I love the subtle shade at Aaron Rodgers there. But based on what we heard later from the last couple of years in Seattle, Russ puts on that popular likeable front, but then behind the scenes was trying to get Pete and John fired.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The Kiebler elf line was awesome lol. The one thing the cynic in me disagrees with in here is how he said Russ handled it with all class and never criticized anyone else. Side note: I love the subtle shade at Aaron Rodgers there. But based on what we heard later from the last couple of years in Seattle, Russ puts on that popular likeable front, but then behind the scenes was trying to get Pete and John fired.
So my question is: in the end, who finally got Pete fired? John? Geno?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Father time.

Pete isn't fired if he was 45, guaranteed
This too.

Actually, I think there was three main contributing factors to Pete getting fired:

1) First and foremost, it was the failure of a defensive experiment with Clint Hurtt at DC. They implemented their failed Fangio-style defensive experiment with Hurtt and in 2022 and it blew up in their face quite badly. Pete kind of tried to make changes to that defense to save it but it was still a disaster.

2) There were a lot of coaches coming onto the market this off-season who were attracting interest and the Seahawks didn't want to be out of the race in case things didn't look quite as rosy when Pete's contract was up. Which is tied up to reason 3...

3) Pete's old. His performance overall would probably have been enough to keep him but Seahawks knew there was no chance he was going to get extended past his current contract no matter how he did. Sure, if he won the Super Bowl or even went to the Conference Championship Game, he probably stays because you'd upset the fan base way too much to dump the dude after that but they'd still know he's on his way out the door.

bigcc

Reaction score
This too.

Actually, I think there was three main contributing factors to Pete getting fired:

1) First and foremost, it was the failure of a defensive experiment with Clint Hurtt at DC. They implemented their failed Fangio-style defensive experiment with Hurtt and in 2022 and it blew up in their face quite badly. Pete kind of tried to make changes to that defense to save it but it was still a disaster.

2) There were a lot of coaches coming onto the market this off-season who were attracting interest and the Seahawks didn't want to be out of the race in case things didn't look quite as rosy when Pete's contract was up. Which is tied up to reason 3...

3) Pete's old. His performance overall would probably have been enough to keep him but Seahawks knew there was no chance he was going to get extended past his current contract no matter how he did. Sure, if he won the Super Bowl or even went to the Conference Championship Game, he probably stays because you'd upset the fan base way too much to dump the dude after that but they'd still know he's on his way out the door.
We REALLY lucked out that we got Macdonald out of it.

I'm ecstatic with the result, but I still think we almost REALLY messed up...
If we hired mid like Dan Quinn or the giants OC people here were hyped about for stupid reasons, we would be significantly worse than with Pete.

Keeping it real, Macdonald might be too, but at least his ceiling is significantly higher than the other options, including Pete.

Johnson/Macdonald were the only options that justify 9-8 being worth cutting, especially since we're in the playoffs if lock doesn't give the rams a win

Quite a few fans here need to watch the 4th quarter of the second rams game, he's so awful.