Welcome Back Christine Michael

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob12":1aq7unq1 said:
austinslater25":1aq7unq1 said:
I've watched Michaels tape a few times and I'm still blown away by his talent on a regular basis. It wouldn't shock me at all if he blows up and puts up big numbers the rest of the way. It also wouldn't surprise me if he does absolutely nothing. That's what makes this so intriguing. He is more talented than people realize on .net

I'm excited about brown/Michael and hope they can keep the running game acceptable. I have a feeling they will.

Agreed, and I love a good redemption story. Michael has a good shot at one here, as does Brown.
I do too and it might be clouding my judgement but regardless I'm pulling for the guy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Being a 1 cut back isn't rocket science, even a dullard can learn that one cut and 4 yards is better than dancing around and losing 3.

But C-Mike is a special kind of dullard. He only lives for explosive plays. He reminds me of a puppy, he is so in the moment that how he feels this instant is everything. Every 5 yard play he just shredded the D, and celebrates it as such. Every bad play is soul crushing defeat, for 3 seconds. Then he is the greatest player EVAH again, so confident he is awesome that he has the balls to wave Lynch off the field. He forgets he shit on the carpet and just wants to play fetch. We are talking about an NFL player so short sighted that he can't plan ahead a single second, switching hands with the ball to the sideline hand is the single shortest planning ahead moment you will find in the NFL, and he can't do it.

The highlight clip in this thread that showed him in practice was such an eye opening look at his talent and attitude all in one. Makes a great move on a guy in practice, but in doing so has to abandon one cut zone block principles. The defensive guy shoves him so far out of bounds you wonder just how annoyed players are with him and his attitude.

And his comments about having to work hard NOW. He even mentions good examples of work ethic on the team, guys he should have been imitating all along. But not how hard he has been working before he got back to Seattle.

I really doubt he gets it still. Doesn't mean he won't have a moment or two, but he is a stopgap until they can let him get gone again, IMO.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":u6djz8vq said:
kearly":u6djz8vq said:
kobebryant":u6djz8vq said:
daveyoung52":u6djz8vq said:
Hawks and Redskins seem to have a bit of a connection,even i saw this coming.

Released McCoy when Jimmy went down. Helped the Hawks jump the Texans to get Lockett.

McCloughan is the man.

Scott will call this favor in come draft time, IMO, and we will be overpaying for a move in some way.

Which is fine.

And we'll repay all this brotherly love by going in to Washington on Wildcard Weekend and blowing them out of the playoffs for the umpteenth time!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2f660wr3 said:
Being a 1 cut back isn't rocket science, even a dullard can learn that one cut and 4 yards is better than dancing around and losing 3.

But C-Mike is a special kind of dullard. He only lives for explosive plays. He reminds me of a puppy, he is so in the moment that how he feels this instant is everything. Every 5 yard play he just shredded the D, and celebrates it as such. Every bad play is soul crushing defeat, for 3 seconds. Then he is the greatest player EVAH again, so confident he is awesome that he has the balls to wave Lynch off the field. He forgets he shit on the carpet and just wants to play fetch. We are talking about an NFL player so short sighted that he can't plan ahead a single second, switching hands with the ball to the sideline hand is the single shortest planning ahead moment you will find in the NFL, and he can't do it.

The highlight clip in this thread that showed him in practice was such an eye opening look at his talent and attitude all in one. Makes a great move on a guy in practice, but in doing so has to abandon one cut zone block principles. The defensive guy shoves him so far out of bounds you wonder just how annoyed players are with him and his attitude.

And his comments about having to work hard NOW. He even mentions good examples of work ethic on the team, guys he should have been imitating all along. But not how hard he has been working before he got back to Seattle.

I really doubt he gets it still. Doesn't mean he won't have a moment or two, but he is a stopgap until they can let him get gone again, IMO.

Harsh, but sadly true.

If he were to ever "get it" he could become special but his 50 cent head seems to always get in the way.

The only thing missing from the above assessment is that he does have exceptional athletic ability and has let his head get in the way of allowing it to be fully realized.

Being humbled like he was after the early pick pampering suddenly ended will hopefully cause him to reflect that he needs to work hard all the time instead of just now. Colour me doubtful that he'll actually change.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Michael and Brown are both young guys with a nice explosion, but both have issues (knowing scheme, fumbling, picking up blocks). I would guess one of the two will show a little something more than the other and get the majority of the snaps to end the year, with the other guy and Jackson (as the 3rd down guy) getting the rest of the snaps to finish the year. I really hope one of the guys blows the doors off the last three weeks and by blowing the doors off I mean putting up around 100 yards and not making crucial mistakes. Who knows, along with a draft pick and a returning Rawls next season, one of these two guys may be the backup this team will need going into next season with Lynch and Jackson more than likely gone, then again with the way this team churns through their roster at times they both could be gone a week from now, who knows.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Didn't read through the entire thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned but, didn't we get a 7th round pick next season for the guy that we just signed on the cheap?

Rawls and Lynch issue aside, not a bad deal.

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":2iyzgdvp said:
I feel like you've been going far to optimist lately. A 3 back tryout rotation, during the final stretch, feels like an awfully arrogant thing to pull. Continuity is a necessity at this point. They have no idea if they can reinvent the wheel. Someone is going to be the featured back on sunday, and if they succeed, they will be starting next week. If they dont, next man up. IT sucks. But this is the state we're in. No team is having padded practices at this point in the season. You have to hope players are acclimatized to the noise and the pursuit. Gameday opponents are a little better then the practice defense.

Thanks for the compliment.

I am way past the point of feeling any kind of excitement for Christine Michael or Bryce Brown. We joke about how Christine Michael drew comparisons to Adrian Peterson coming out of high school, but DuJuan Harris was so bad that an average RB will feel like AP in comparison. Harris was the worst RB I can remember watching in a Seahawks uniform in a real game.

So yeah, I'm a little bit jazzed that we might not have a huge anchor holding down our running game rest of season. And as bad as Harris was, Russell still threw for 5 TDs despite him, and it should have been 6.

I think that between Michael and Brown, there is a decent chance that one of them could be for us what Darren McFadden has been to Dallas. Or what Chris Johnson was to the Cardinals. Neither were well regarded before the season began but both of them seized an opportunity when it was presented to them.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mxv44zh said:

The C-Mike situation reminds me a lot of Koren Robinson signing with the Seahawks after they put 3/5 of their WRs on IR in the first two games of 2008.

RiverDog

Reaction score
iigakusei":37e9smk2 said:
Calling it right now he will not touch the ball in a Hawks uniform.

Quite possible, unless another RB gets hurt... unless he comes in for mop up duty at the end of a blowout. We needed some depth and Michael knows the system, was available, and is cheap. Let him hold up a tackling dummy until Beast returns then waive bye bye again. Michael was one of the worst picks this regime has made.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Seahawks seem to have amazing acumen or a tremendous scouting group w/ regard to runningbacks.

They seem to find quality no matter where they turn. So, you almost have to accept their judgement here. Was still hoping they would bring Bronson back for an eval, because he seemed to do well in the N/S thing when he was here - but they clearly think otherwise.

So they released Michael, which turns out to be the correct call considering the tremendous emergence of Rawls.

Then Dallas and Washington cannot use Michael, so what? What matters is if he is effective for our system and considering the staff apparently believes he is worth a roll of the dice, they clearly have the track record to be trusted here.

Finally, you have teams like the Jags that are desperately seeking replacements when guys like Yelden go down. The truth is, as devalued as RBs have become - almost any semi-competent RB is going to get a kick of the tires considering the amount of teams hunting for even moderately effective RBs that are also healthy.

In that environment, you are going to get a table that is pretty picked over. But you need a RB so you take the best of what is at the table, or you try to get creative.

Frankly, I am rooting for the kid. Would love to see him succeed in spite of so many openly rooting for him to fail. Sometimes it takes a little bit to wake up and realize just how much work/effort is needed to succeed and that you need to actively seek out people to help you prepare for that success. It doesn't mean it is not possible.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cartire":3bxwr5wb said:
Cyrus12":3bxwr5wb said:
HawkJay":3bxwr5wb said:
This has got Michael having a break out game this weekend written all over it. Have never been convinced by him but sometimes strange things just happen. He's going to run all over the Browns lol
...or fumble the ball 3 or 4 times...

Thats what im expecting.

the guy who couldnt learn our playbook while he was here for over a year, is all of a sudden going to come back after 3 months and pick it all up, no problem...... Yea, I'll believe that :sarcasm_on:

When has Michael ever fumbled 3 times in an NFL or college game before ? Before someone says "he's had limited reps", he's not going to start for us this week. I see a competition between Brown and Michael, with Coleman starting.

Coleman has the perfect skill set to pick up 5-7 yards consistently. Michael and Brown can hit the home run ball.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cartire":i0hpj1zr said:
No team is having padded practices at this point in the season. .

Well, the Seahawks have one more padded practice this weekend. :sarcasm_off:

-bsd

CPHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":1ndil1sg said:
I love this move. Tell me who is more hungry then C-Mike that was available? Who know's this offense better? Who has the most potential upside?

Not once did C-Mike start at RB for Seattle. Always got limited snaps behind Lynch and Turbo. Watch him go off on Sunday. :snack:

He's so hungry, he's been cut 3 times this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Michael has been cut so much that they have to put him on the IR report for lacerations.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3803tbnm said:
djb28":3803tbnm said:
He will have a huge day... Then break a toe .

By tripping over a football... That he just fumbled.

-bsd

Someone brought this up here. He's only fumbled once and that was not a turnover. So in his career, in the NFL, he has 0 fumbles lost.

Latest posts