Welcome Back Christine Michael

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":rpx8jreu said:
I seriously hope C-Mike drops a 100+ yd game and 1 TD just for you.

FanSince82":rpx8jreu said:
Yay, no-risk-no-reward retreads that offer no conceivable benefit to the team.

It's all on you, Russ. Let's pray for Marshawn's abdomen.
I would love for a game close to this from him. You know I have always been a fan of his talent level, as long as he secures the ball and blocks, I'm good with this

Rob12

Reaction score
marko358":1ar3ohga said:

That was a great read.

Tom Cable wants runners to run a specific way. He does not want to hear about their style. He does not want them to freelance. He wants it run exactly the way he draws it up, at exactly the pace he draws it up. Once the runner crosses the line of scrimmage, all bets are off, and personal style and talent can take over. He owns your first five steps.

Rawls got that. Smith got that. That, more than anything else, led to Michael being shown the exit at the end of the preseason.

Michael needs to put his pride aside and do it the way that has worked for years now.

Rob12

Reaction score
Just going to put it out there, because I feel comfortable with it.

Michael is probably going to go off over the next two weeks when he gets the opportunity to do so. It kind of resonates with the Seahawks - when your back is against the wall, results happen.

This is probably Michael's last chance to actually be something in the NFL. Whether we think his head is full of rocks or not, he has to know that. I mean, it's pretty bad when you're released from the Redskins' Practice Squad.

I predict big things. You know PC/JS love a good redemption story. And how savvy would it be to gain a draft pick in trading this kid and then reacquiring him for nothing, only to witness him redeeming himself with a couple of monster performances?

peppersjap

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2zm370lu said:
The Seahawks seem to have amazing acumen or a tremendous scouting group w/ regard to runningbacks.

They seem to find quality no matter where they turn. So, you almost have to accept their judgement here. Was still hoping they would bring Bronson back for an eval, because he seemed to do well in the N/S thing when he was here - but they clearly think otherwise.

So they released Michael, which turns out to be the correct call considering the tremendous emergence of Rawls.

Then Dallas and Washington cannot use Michael, so what? What matters is if he is effective for our system and considering the staff apparently believes he is worth a roll of the dice, they clearly have the track record to be trusted here.

Finally, you have teams like the Jags that are desperately seeking replacements when guys like Yelden go down. The truth is, as devalued as RBs have become - almost any semi-competent RB is going to get a kick of the tires considering the amount of teams hunting for even moderately effective RBs that are also healthy.

In that environment, you are going to get a table that is pretty picked over. But you need a RB so you take the best of what is at the table, or you try to get creative.

Frankly, I am rooting for the kid. Would love to see him succeed in spite of so many openly rooting for him to fail. Sometimes it takes a little bit to wake up and realize just how much work/effort is needed to succeed and that you need to actively seek out people to help you prepare for that success. It doesn't mean it is not possible.
Bronson is currently not available to be re-signed, he was released with an injury settlement so not available for a year. We have Christine Michael and I feel way better about that than I did last week when we had Dejuan Harris!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":aimfzpbf said:
Someone brought this up here. He's only fumbled once and that was not a turnover. So in his career, in the NFL, he has 0 fumbles lost.

I actually agree that he gets an unwarranted bad rap for fumblitis, and I have defended him in the past.

Just thought it was funny. Need a tongue in cheek icon

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
A golden opportunity for C-Mike.

Him getting traded and bouncing around the Cowboys and Redskins may be just what the doctor ordered. A lot has happened since September when he was dealt. His motivation not only from this being his last chance to make something of himself in this league, but the opportunity to be part of the long-term RB plans with the squad.

This is likely Marshawn's last hurrah, as well as Fred Jackson, so it can potentially be the Rawls and C-Mike show for the next few years if he can get it going.

Getting that 7th rounder for free was great, but the flexibility of signing him back and being able to cut him at will without the stigma of him being a 2nd round bust is another key part of this move.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Carroll said today that Michael was "very serious about the opportunity. He worked really hard, met extra to make sure he could catch up. He did pick everything back up really quickly and he’s very comfortable in the offense and all that, so that’s a really good sign. Part of the reason for picking him up is he could jump in and all that. He had a very good week and looked very quick. He’s really hungry and ready to go.’"

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2mr3a7uo said:
Carroll said today that Michael was "very serious about the opportunity. He worked really hard, met extra to make sure he could catch up. He did pick everything back up really quickly and he’s very comfortable in the offense and all that, so that’s a really good sign. Part of the reason for picking him up is he could jump in and all that. He had a very good week and looked very quick. He’s really hungry and ready to go.’"

Pete speak, we will see on Sunday based on how much he plays and when he plays or if he is active.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
chris98251":8ceqsdxt said:
hawknation2015":8ceqsdxt said:

Pete speak, we will see on Sunday based on how much he plays and when he plays or if he is active.

Yeah, Carroll made zero guarantees about whether Michael or Coleman or Brown would receive the bulk of the carries on Sunday. This quote is only valuable because it proves Michael's familiarity with the offense was part of the reason for bringing him back.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
We could have signed 238 lb Montee Ball, who will be stashed on the Patriots PS until he works himself back into shape.

Some would have clamored for Ball because RW and Ball were at Wisconsin at the same time, but Ball cannot play and Micheal is clearly faster, quicker than Ball.

This is a no loss move by JS and Pete.....you are getting a player that needs to play, is going to be playing in a meaningful game for a winning team and quietly is down to his last available piece of rope to play in the NFL. I don't see how Michael didn't realize that he was really beaten out by a just as talented and more motivated Rawls.

I think Seattle should really just attack the draft with lineman in early rounds like Frank Clark and go for hungrier kids that want to prove themselves in Rounds 4-7.....and trade the 1st rounder at #32 for an established interior OL to backfill for Sweezy or Britt next year.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
chris98251":18c82xwe said:
hawknation2015":18c82xwe said:

That's absolutely Pete speak ... and I'll give you a recent example from this last game. In his press conference following the Ravens game, Pete said the following things of DuJuan Harris ...
"I thought he ran hard. ... He did a fine job of taking care of the football ... He ran hard and played tough and we liked what he did."
Source:
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/12/13/pete-carroll-ravens-press-conference
[5:55 mark in his press conference]

On Monday, he said that DuJuan Harris would compete for the starting RB job with Bryce Brown.

The very next day ... the Seahawks cut him.

It's not unlike with politicians. Pay little attention to what is actually said. Pay more attention to what actually happens.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Pete speak is more a political ploy after the game. Pete isn't going to praise him before the game if it wasn't warranted. He was pretty detailed and I know for a fact they are happy with his new attitude (inside knowledge). They are going to activate him and play him which speaks volumes about his presence. They could have just used him as an insurance policy but he is in the running. This is his last chance and he may have gotten the wake up call.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2vokuhzz said:
Pete speak is more a political ploy after the game. Pete isn't going to praise him before the game if it wasn't warranted. He was pretty detailed and I know for a fact they are happy with his new attitude (inside knowledge). They are going to activate him and play him which speaks volumes about his presence. They could have just used him as an insurance policy but he is in the running. This is his last chance and he may have gotten the wake up call.

That's great news if your inside knowledge is accurate, and yes I agree with your post that "Pete speak" is more typical when he speaks after a game about a players performance. However you want to spin it, Pete's specific comments about Michael this week are more encouraging than hearing him say "he got through it and he's in the mix."

But he'll have to hold onto the ball on Sunday and run the right plays, or he'll be receiving the Juwann Harris Thanks for Participating trophy on Monday.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3p8e1tsu said:

I wouldn't describe it as "coach speak" either in that it makes it sound like Carroll is phrasing things in a misleading way. In realty, part of Carroll's philosophy is that he believes every player they are investing in can succeed. That gives the player the best chance to actualize the positive vision they have manifested for that player.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2015":203iyjt5 said:
seahawk12thman":203iyjt5 said:

I wouldn't describe it as "coach speak" either in that it makes it sound like Carroll is phrasing things in a misleading way. In realty, part of Carroll's philosophy is that he believes every player they are investing in can succeed. That gives the player the best chance to actualize the positive vision they have manifested for that player.

Pete Speak :)

DTexHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2zqpnb3v said:
Hard running all game long by Michael: career-high 16 carries for 84 yards (5.3 yards per carry).

:thirishdrinkers:

Aggie comes through!!!!

Gig 'Em!!!

:th2thumbs:

Latest posts