Well at least John gets it.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
"We need to be better up front. I think it was pretty evident," Schneider remarked. "We were on the field a lot. We didn't we didn't defend the run game well. We had some games in there where we did a really nice job. And then, we had several games that didn't go so well. We know what the issues are and we're ready to attack them and fix them."

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...r-defense-personnel-free-agency-draft-combine

So again, bring back Bobby and Bruce, draft some wood and let's get rollin.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
"We need to be better up front. I think it was pretty evident," Schneider remarked. "We were on the field a lot. We didn't we didn't defend the run game well. We had some games in there where we did a really nice job. And then, we had several games that didn't go so well. We know what the issues are and we're ready to attack them and fix them."

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...r-defense-personnel-free-agency-draft-combine

So again, bring back Bobby and Bruce, draft some wood and let's get rollin.
no on Bobby and no on Bruce. Draft new young studs, were running football team not a retirement home.

kidhawk

Reaction score
no on Bobby and no on Bruce. Draft new young studs, were running football team not a retirement home.

How exactly is 140 tackles and 6 sacks retirement home type stats for a MLB? Too many people have set their expectations WAY too high for building a winning team. All teams need a veteran presence to help lead the young guys in the right direction. Last year, we were a mess defensively, and we brought in Irvin and his leadership brought improvements. They still weren't great, as we still lacked some talent, but they improved under his leadership. Bringing back Wagner would be even stronger leadership. Signing Bobby doesn't preclude us from drafting talented defensive players. It's not one or the other. If we can do both, we can be a better team. If we only go for young players, there will be more of a learning curve. Bringing in someone like Wagner helps give this team a legitimate shot at being a contender.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
"At least?"

Does this imply there are people who didn't know this glaring need?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m watching Pete and John during the combine and so far Kancey and Bresee are the only 2 that ran sub 5 second 40’s. After Bresee ran I saw John get up in Pete’s ear with a shit eating grin. Both will be gone by pick 20 I fear. But Kancey is a freak. He ran a 4.78 his first attempt and would absolutely be a beast in the middle.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Bruce on a pitch count would be fine. He certainly had a positive impact when he joined the team, but he played too much.

AgentDib

Reaction score
GM looks to address weaknesses of team! More at 11.

Pete in particular is a master of the podium. He knows how to give really long answers to just a few questions that seem interesting and insightful, but don't actually give away anything. Then there's no time for further questions because he just filibustered for 15 minutes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GM looks to address weaknesses of team! More at 11.

Pete in particular is a master of the podium. He knows how to give really long answers to just a few questions that seem interesting and insightful, but don't actually give away anything. Then there's no time for further questions because he just filibustered for 15 minutes.

Pete's a master BS'er for sure, but I appreciate his refreshing approach to talking to the press. MOST of the time he does put thought into his answers. He's cordial and gracious.

Unlike other blustery zero-burger coaches like Belichick who treat the press with utter disdain and give one word answers just trying to get his mandatory presssers over with ASAP.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Just remember that they have 5 picks in the top 72. So don't lose hope that they won't make a massive investment in the defensive front if they take a QB or something in the first. Even if they take a QB or Michael Mayer or something, I expect they'll add two instant upgrades on the defensive front by the end of the second round.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think that goes for both sides of the ball. There were games we ran the ball great then other games we were shut down. Trenches, trenches, trenches...I'd love to see them get back to that physical team that nobody wants to play.

schkoot

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm wrong, but with Bobby in at LB, there's no way the Raiders win on that draw play in OT and we have a strong chance to finish the season with 10 wins.

I just don't know why we didn't keep him around. It's the one thing the FO did that made me really think they were planning a rebuild before they saw Geno ball out.

Especially since it would have added one small thread of continuity from the SB champ years to today's team after letting Russ go.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Well last year Pete said Drew Lock is amazing. He just wasn’t in the right setup to grow into a better QB and then everyone has forgotten or asks about Dew any more😂