Well we won ugly

chris98251

Reaction score
Really glad that this win got pulled out, as impractical and unexpected based on our play I hope the ugly duckling is out of our system.

This I hope gets us geared up and focused for the big game in Arizona, we almost played like Denver did in last years Super Bowl, three quarters and we looked like we didn't belong there. Somehow the guys got it all together and they found a will and way and executed at the right times to pull it out. Really don't want to have our next game be like this one.

Good to get this out of our system and put a bit of a scare into everyone, I think it can carry over for two weeks.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
That's what elite teams do. Or so I've heard. Win the ones that everyone else would have lost.

So, Jeff Chadiha (ESPN) just knew that Pete Carrol was headed for failure when he was hired. And, in an interview this week on KIRO710, said that Russell is a slightly better version of Alex Smith. How the hell do people like that keep their job?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If we even play average, we're impossible to beat.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1vo4m97n said:
That's what elite teams do. Or so I've heard. Win the ones that everyone else would have lost.

So, Jeff Chadiha (ESPN) just knew that Pete Carrol was headed for failure when he was hired. And, in an interview this week on KIRO710, said that Russell is a slightly better version of Alex Smith. How the hell do people like that keep their job?

To be fair.......Russell did play pretty badly up until the final minutes of the game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2p5fydb0 said:
Really glad that this win got pulled out, as impractical and unexpected based on our play I hope the ugly duckling is out of our system.

This I hope gets us geared up and focused for the big game in Arizona, we almost played like Denver did in last years Super Bowl, three quarters and we looked like we didn't belong there. Somehow the guys got it all together and they found a will and way and executed at the right times to pull it out. Really don't want to have our next game be like this one.

Good to get this out of our system and put a bit of a scare into everyone, I think it can carry over for two weeks.
I think the correct term is Fugly! 8)
I'll take it however!

Escamillo

Reaction score
"ugly"? This is a tournament, it's not about "pretty" vs "ugly", it's about "survive and advance".
This was a gutty win. Required both resilience and perseverance. That has a beauty on in and of itself. :D :thirishdrinkers:

djb28

Reaction score
I expect a much better execution in two weeks!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Lots of football games are won ugly. But in this NFCC, many things were going against Seattle:

• o A well-prepared extremely determined Packers team who brought 200% effort
    o Lacy getting yards here and there
    o An uncharacteristically off game by Wilson
    o Offensive line issues
    o Wet windy weather that turned the football into a greased watermelon
    o Some awful penalties
    o Rodgers going clutch late in the 4th to bring the Pack within FG range

But thanks to the Seahawks' incredibly big heart and their refusal to concede at any point, they came out victors. My wife and I were literally shaking during overtime, and when it was finally over, we sat in our living rooms in complete shock, sometimes laughing like we'd gone stark raving mad. Unbelievable!

daveca5150

Reaction score
Ruminator":8thkl81v said:
Lots of football games are won ugly. But in this NFCC, many things were going against Seattle:

o Offensive line issues
    o Some awful penalties

But thanks to the Seahawks' incredibly big heart and their refusal to concede at any point, they came out victors. My wife and I were literally shaking during overtime, and when it was finally over, we sat in our living rooms in complete shock, sometimes laughing like we'd gone stark raving mad. Unbelievable!

Same here. Lot's of happy head shaking.

Ruminator

Reaction score
daveca5150":3lrcujfi said:
Ruminator":3lrcujfi said:

o Offensive line issues
    o Some awful penalties

Same here. Lot's of happy head shaking.

Well it was our hands that were shaking, kind of like when you have a severe blood-sugar rush that screams for mass protein intake.

Seafan

Reaction score
That was the most beautiful win in Seahawk history in Seattle. Thank you, Seahawks.

Latest posts