Well yesterday sucked

Greenhell

Reaction score
I think the Panthers are going to do to them what they did to the Cards yesterday. It could be worse if Denver doesn't get either of their safeties back in time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
IndyHawk":253qy5m1 said:
You could say why did they give up late leads in a few games that cost us the division thus home field advantage.The fact is if we had just won one more game we would have had the 5th seed the one idiots said that doesn't matter.That was the difference between playing Carolina/Ariz before yesterday.We(most) of us know the Hawks are better and certainly would have played the Panthers a lot better yesterday than last week.We killed Arizona that last week and it was no fluke and we owned Carolina in that 2nd half,that was no fluke.A lot of things happened this season and it affects the end no matter how small it all matters at the end.The why you ask is just a combination of all that in my opinion.Time to learn from all that and be a better team next season so this one doesn't happen as it did.

I was one of those idiots. This is hyperbole and a ridiculous statement. Ok so we win in Washington, great. Winning in Arizona in a playoff game is in no way a gimme. Not only is it a playoff game, it is a division rival. So even if we win in Arizona, you honestly think the the time difference would of just miraculously made us better than Carolina. How many away games in a row would that be, 4, against good teams?

Carolina is like we were in 2013 and we were their white whale this season, they wanted us bad. Carolina is better than us this year and a five hour difference in playing time or a 5th seed wouldn't have helped us.

Optimus25

Reaction score
bandiger":2nfht98o said:
Sgt. Largent":2nfht98o said:
IndyHawk":2nfht98o said:
You could say why did they give up late leads in a few games that cost us the division thus home field advantage.The fact is if we had just won one more game we would have had the 5th seed the one idiots said that doesn't matter.That was the difference between playing Carolina/Ariz before yesterday.We(most) of us know the Hawks are better and certainly would have played the Panthers a lot better yesterday than last week.We killed Arizona that last week and it was no fluke and we owned Carolina in that 2nd half,that was no fluke.A lot of things happened this season and it affects the end no matter how small it all matters at the end.The why you ask is just a combination of all that in my opinion.Time to learn from all that and be a better team next season so this one doesn't happen as it did.

This.

If anything was proven over the past two weeks of playoffs? Don't spend entire first halves of seasons dealing with distractions and coughing up 4th quarter leads and get home field advantage.

Most of all never get swept by Fisher Rams, at least split them at worst.

Bingo
X2
+1
This
Yahtzee

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2httntzd said:
IndyHawk":2httntzd said:

I was one of those idiots. This is hyperbole and a ridiculous statement. Ok so we win in Washington, great. Winning in Arizona in a playoff game is in no way a gimme. Not only is it a playoff game, it is a division rival. So even if we win in Arizona, you honestly think the the time difference would of just miraculously made us better than Carolina. How many away games in a row would that be, 4, against good teams?

Carolina is like we were in 2013 and we were their white whale this season, they wanted us bad. Carolina is better than us this year and a five hour difference in playing time or a 5th seed wouldn't have helped us.

Maybe, maybe not. The point is we'll never know. And for all that big bad carolina talk, they had to recover an onsides kick to hold on. Let's not pretend that we didn't spank them the entire second half. They just spanked us more in the first. Maybe not starting a second week in a row at 10 am, makes us go down only 24 instead of 31. Then we would of made the comeback....

randomation

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":227glr0d said:
IndyHawk":227glr0d said:

Knowing about how utter shit the field was ahead of time as well as the time difference could have made a massive difference also AZ wouldn't be as far to travel and it wouldn't have been a 10 am start.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":h0xhbpdo said:
IndyHawk":h0xhbpdo said:

You don't even have to go that far. If Rodgers doesn't connect on that hail mary vs Detroit, they would have been the 6 seed and the Hawks the 5.
True I could have gone the easy route but my point was it never had to depend on others if we had won one more. I think playing GB/ARIZ would have been easier because at that point we are the better team,sure anything can happen but not like that Carolina 1st half.We likely would have been playing the Panthers yesterday and in that situation at night I like our odds.It didn't happen so we move on.To those who noticed idiots-I apologize thats something that isn't personal.
It's just every year I hear/see that being a seed lower doesn't matter and I just never get that.

kf3339

Reaction score
To me yesterday just proved three things:

1. PC and company beat themselves by playing games with our O-Line and thinking D converts and camp fodder could make a competent O-lIne in this league. Well, they certainly proved that wasn't the case.

2. PC and company beat themselves by having a consistently bad game plan in the first half of almost all of their games this year. Well, they certainly proved that the first half is just as important as the second half in their games.

3. PC and company beat themselves by starting the regular season flat and giving away too many games to teams we should have stomped. Well, they certainly proved that the first half of the season is as important as the second half of their season.

So the real question is does PC and company "REALLY" understand these points? If so, are they going to make a truly concerted effort to fix these issues this next season, or not. I know many think we will, but I am going to just sit back and watch. PC and company are going to have to prove it to me this time.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
kf3339":255i840o said:

1. PC and company beat themselves by playing games with our O-Line and thinking D converts and camp fodder could make a competent O-lIne in this league. Well, they certainly proved that wasn't the case.

2. PC and company beat themselves by having a consistently bad game plan in the first half of almost all of their games this year. Well, they certainly proved that the first half is just as important as the second half in their games.

3. PC and company beat themselves by starting the regular season flat and giving away too many games to teams we should have stomped. Well, they certainly proved that the first half of the season is as important as the second half of their season.

So the real question is does PC and company "REALLY" understand these points? If so, are they going to make a truly concerted effort to fix these issues this next season, or not. I know many think we will, but I am going to just sit back and watch. PC and company are going to have to prove it to me this time.
We were lucky to even go to playoffs.

I don't like his "can you win the 4th quarter?"

That's pretty much saying the other 3 quarters does not matter.

if you continually start slow, you can only go so far.

Laloosh

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2vgf4xfr said:
We were lucky to even go to playoffs.

I don't like his "can you win the 4th quarter?"

That's pretty much saying the other 3 quarters does not matter.

if you continually start slow, you can only go so far.

I'm not under the impression that the players take it literally. Is it unfair for me to presume that the average person can discern the intent of the message and therefore NFL players understand that it does not mean, "Hey, who cares about the first three quarters as long as you play well in the 4th"?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I'm sure the players don't take it literally either but, you do have to start quick. It becomes too difficult to always make comebacks.

Greenhell

Reaction score
kf3339":1c0bjn0y said:

Those are the million dollar questions. We can only hope that they've recognized these issues. They need to prove it to all the fans but more importantly, the team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1o77x5mi said:
I'm sure the players don't take it literally either but, you do have to start quick. It becomes too difficult to always make comebacks.

Good and valid point.....another one is that if they seem to get a 2 score lead and sit on it, they tend to get looser with the defense. Prevent offense prevents the win. The other team seems to get a lot more aggressive and we go more zone leaving an open field of play. Look at our last game, we played zone extremely soft. 5-10 yard soft zone. ugh.