Welp this defensive scheme is looking just as bad as last year

strohmin

Reaction score
I dont care if we arent playing our starters. This run defense looks just as awful as last year. The tackling looks really bad. I hope Pete clean this up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Missing tackles isn't schematic. The fits already look better, and that's with mainly second and third teamers. Undrafted FAs mainly in the IDL.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It's not a scheme issue.
It could be a tendency issue.

That would be worse. But we need a game or two more to suss out whether this is the rule or the exception.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Held the Vikings to like 3 YPC. Looking more competent on the ground. Scheme has apparently reverted mostly to pre-2022 concepts.

eo620

Reaction score
Early on especially, a lot of missed tackles and wide open D gaps.. Need to get this cleaned up. I get it; not a lot of the first stringers and 1st preseason game, but still looked sloppy

sutz

Reaction score
Sloppy early, but took control as the game went on. A lot of great effort. At least that is what I saw.

renofox

Reaction score
Scheme had a few issues (like 3rd and ~7, all 3 LBs dropped into 15+ yard zones and allowed RB to leak out and catch an easy 10 yard pass).

Overall it's looking better than last year.

Tackling sucked... again and still.

bileever

Reaction score
Some people are never happy. And I thought I was a pessimist.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete contributed the first half mainly to cobwebs essentially. Getting the rust off, hitting players with different colored jerseys, real game speed, etc, etc, etc. I can see that to a degree but there was still plenty of notwrappingupitis. The second half was vastly improved all around. Intensity, toughness, tackling...I dug it.

I won't hit the panic button unless I see missed tackles and wide open gaps when the regular season starts.

bileever

Reaction score
Bob Condotta wrote in the Times today that some of the tackling issues are to be expected because up to this point, the Seahawks have not done any tackling to the ground in camp.

eo620

Reaction score
Early on especially, a lot of missed tackles and wide open D gaps.. Need to get this cleaned up. I get it; not a lot of the first stringers and 1st preseason game, but still looked sloppy
I've got to be honest with my criticism though; I only watched the first half. It appears that they tightened up a bit in the second half and improved. Just a minor concern for me since I remember a lot of the poor tackling last season. For the 'Hawks to be better this year, that needs to be (and I believe it will) cleaned up.

LGH!

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
So this defense looked like shit all year whether we played starters or backups. This is multiple years of the same shit defense no matter who we put in as starters. This alone should get Petes dumbass fired.