We're going to rush for 250+ on Sunday

furi0usbee

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":3utw7j40 said:
furi0usbee":3utw7j40 said:
You fell 88 yards short of your prediction. But it was a nice try.

We would've been happy if they would've been 87 yards short though!

Now that is a great comeback! I can't argue with you there. I know how hard that loss must feel. Giants killed us twice on what essentially came down to two plays. I was watching Seattle reactions to the end of the game, and I feel for you guys. Just think how I felt at 18-0, with one game for a perfect season! I can't even talk about that season now as we didn't finish it.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2gg0y7ff said:
hawksfanohio":2gg0y7ff said:
furi0usbee":2gg0y7ff said:

Now that is a great comeback! I can't argue with you there. I know how hard that loss must feel. Giants killed us twice on what essentially came down to two plays. I was watching Seattle reactions to the end of the game, and I feel for you guys. Just think how I felt at 18-0, with one game for a perfect season! I can't even talk about that season now as we didn't finish it.

At least you guys had three championships to fall back on. I do realize that one had to hurt though. I watched that game with a huge New England fan that was from Boston but was living near me at the time. We have one and while I am so grateful for that one, back to back would've been incredible. Coming within one yard of that hurt a lot, for so many reasons! The life of a Seattle sports fan is a hard one. I grew up loving my teams - Seahawks, Mariners, and Sonics. Then seeing Edelman and Blount do that at the parade is tough to take as well. I realize Sherman this and Sherman that but that is still hard to watch at a parade. However, nice to see a classy post from a New England fan! I haven't seen many. You're alright furiousbee.

Also, funny story to add to that super bowl I watched with my friend from Boston. After he knew the game was over, he kept saying over and over that he didn't care and he's ready for spring training with the Red Sox. Now I know how that hurts because I did the same thing by thinking I'm ready to get my heart broke by the Mariners next.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":2lgfz1s3 said:
furi0usbee":2lgfz1s3 said:
hawksfanohio":2lgfz1s3 said:
furi0usbee":2lgfz1s3 said:

At least you guys had three championships to fall back on. I do realize that one had to hurt though. I watched that game with a huge New England fan that was from Boston but was living near me at the time. We have one and while I am so grateful for that one, back to back would've been incredible. Coming within one yard of that hurt a lot, for so many reasons! The life of a Seattle sports fan is a hard one. I grew up loving my teams - Seahawks, Mariners, and Sonics. Then seeing Edelman and Blount do that at the parade is tough to take as well. I realize Sherman this and Sherman that but that is still hard to watch at a parade. However, nice to see a classy post from a New England fan! I haven't seen many. You're alright furiousbee.

Also, funny story to add to that super bowl I watched with my friend from Boston. After he knew the game was over, he kept saying over and over that he didn't care and he's ready for spring training with the Red Sox. Now I know how that hurts because I did the same thing by thinking I'm ready to get my heart broke by the Mariners next.

Well you are alright too hawksfanohio! Yeah, I can't say I cared too much for that shirt Blount was holding, and I would have preferred that he kept that to himself. I don't have too much of a problem with Edelman, as that picture he started to punch did have Sherman with his four fingers up, when he was mocking Revis (two, four, two, four) after he got picked by the official in the endzone. Normally Belichick runs a tight ship, and with all that happened leading up to the SB with deflate-gate, and all. I'm sure he finally had enough, and said if you win, say what you want. I wouldn't get used to that going forward, but I think they had to vent. And if the NFL investigation turns out to be what the latest leaks have said, that only 1 ball was 2PSI under, and the rest were just a tick under 12.5 PSI, then they really were telling the truth, and this entire thing was a distraction that could have derailed their mission.

I'm not one of those obnoxious NE fans. If you ever hit the Colts forum, from day one of inflate-gate, I posted there (under same forum name) and I was ready to kick my 3 super bowl balls over the fence at Gillette. I love my team, but I would not have tolerated them cheating. And from that original tweet by that Indy report, it said "patriots being investigated for deflating footballs." I mean, rush to judgement much. I was furi0us, pun intended.

And I was really mad because I was at the Ravens game the week prior. Long story short, I sent Robert Kraft a vintage 70s NFL lunchbox last year (I used to collect them), he sent a letter back thanking me. So this year, I figured I'd try to cash in on that "good will" and because I couldn't get any tickets, I wrote him a letter on the Monday before the game asking him, tongue in cheek, if he knew anyone who could get me some tickets, and on that Thursday the Patriots called me up and said they had two tickets for me if I wanted to buy them. I sat in the south endzone with my father and we saw the greatest game we've ever seen. Our endzone had 3 NE TDs, an interception, and the final hail mary at the goalline.

So to go from that "high" to deflate-gate, I never even had a chance to enjoy that game. I was driving home from Western MA to Eastern MA and on the radio I heard the breaking "tweet" and for two weeks I didn't get to enjoy one minute from that Colts game. So winning this SB really set those demons free and I finally got to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

I wouldn't wish that feeling on any true fan. It was horrible. Winning the SB was the only way to get me over that. It just sucks that good fans like yourself had to be on the losing end.