Were we not allowed to win

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not buying a fix. However, it was WAY too convenient to have every big play seemingly called back. Total BS.

HawkerD

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":j3z5y2hg said:
Not buying a fix. However, it was WAY too convenient to have every big play seemingly called back. Total BS.

So which is it? Not buying a fix but the calls were more than a coincidence? You cant have it both ways.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I certainly can. I just think the calls were too convenient. Fixed game though?
Just felt like the Refs were WAY too ticky tack in the 4th and OT, and it doesn't feel like a real coincidence that so many good plays were called back. More of a case of always trying to keep games close. Very Pac-12 like.

thegameq

Reaction score
i'm not a big fan of conspiracies, but I don't really think much of coincidences. The NFL and NBA need competitive games to keep fans and advertisers interested and happy. Do I think the games are rigged? No. Do I think the officials in both sports try to steer the games? .....We all know they do? If you can honestly look at some of the officiating in professional sports and not raise and eyebrow........ If it helps you sleep at night to call them "judgement calls" or "incompetence" so be it.

We all see it......we've just been conditioned by the league(s) to ignore it....

But to pretend it ain't happening? Come on............

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's clear that they often decide to keep games close and/or are way more ticky tack towards a certain team.
I don't care if they are ticky tack or if they are going to let them play. Would much rather see refs letting the players play a little more. All these flag ruin the flow of the game. But, if you are ticky tack, do it for BOTH teams.
Minnesota game, those refs were allowing the corners to just battle.

Seymour

Reaction score
Questions for those "game steering believers".

Who exactly tells the refs to steer the game a certain direction and how do they decide this?

How is it that out of every fired and disgruntled former ref, nobody has ever come out and stated "the truth" that they are guided to make bad calls to keep a game close?

Do they let Las Vegas in on this or do they use the information to "steal" even more money from their betting customers?

Do you think the team coaches and owners are in on this, or are they just too stupid to see through this corruption?

What is the motive for the refs to cooperate with the corruption? Do they get a bonus for making it happen, job security, other favors, or does the NFL just make sure they only choose corrupt refs to begin with? (Keep in mind, 1 honest ref would blow the whole thing up!)

How did we manage to beat the corruption in 2013, and why are we now on "the wrong side" of the calls?

:snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I'm looking forward to our big win on Sunday night. And you know there will be the standard "Refs helped Seattle" and a "Controversial Call" helped us win. It's happened so many times when we win a big prime time game, I have come to expect it, every time. It's hilarious listening to media types and opposing fans trying to make excuses.
Yet, when we get shafted we just get told to get over it.

thegameq

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7uh033a9 said:
It's clear that they often decide to keep games close and/or are way more ticky tack towards a certain team.
I don't care if they are ticky tack or if they are going to let them play. But, do it for BOTH teams.
Minnesota game, those refs were allowing the corners to just battle.

Yeah, it's moreso the consistency that's the problem. The argument of course is that everything is a judgement call, so you cannot have consistency if you base everything on the refs "opinion" of what is or isn't a penalty.

Facemask is pretty obvious.

PI can be be a judgement call if there is a lot of hand fighting--in which I don't think there should be any call. Most of us have been taught by the announcers that if the defender gets there to early, plays the man instead of the ball, fails to get their head around and play the ball, it's PI.

Holding should be pretty obvious--O-linemen get their hands outside of the D-linemen's frame.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":caqkqozx said:
Questions for those "game steering believers".

Who exactly tells the refs to steer the game a certain direction and how do they decide this?

How is it that out of every fired and disgruntled former ref, nobody has ever come out and stated "the truth" that they are guided to make bad calls to keep a game close?

Do they let Las Vegas in on this or do they use the information to "steal" even more money from their betting customers?

Do you think the team coaches and owners are in on this, or are they just too stupid to see through this corruption?

What is the motive for the refs to cooperate with the corruption? Do they get a bonus for making it happen, job security, other favors, or does the NFL just make sure they only choose corrupt refs to begin with? (Keep in mind, 1 honest ref would blow the whole thing up!)

How did we manage to beat the corruption in 2013, and why are we now on "the wrong side" of the calls?

:snack:

While I don't believe in any of this conspiracy theory nonsense, I do believe that other team's coaches have conversations with the head officials during the week, and even before games to alert the refs about certain things they're concerned about.

So I have no doubt Shanahan had those conversations with the officials about how aggressive our O-line is, and how he wants the refs to call it tighter than it was called two weeks prior, etc.........combine that with not getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials when you're playing so sloppy and committing other penalties all over the field, you're not going to get the calls.

Conspiracy "everyone's against the Hawks?" No. Officials being influenced and alerted to certain penalties to look for, and calling things tighter than they might normally? Absolutely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Time to get back to letting the players battle a little more. Stop being so damn ticky tack, especially in the end of the game. Don't allow the officials to impact the game, which they certainly do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2h2r95em said:
scutterhawk":2h2r95em said:
bmorepunk":2h2r95em said:
So they're planning the penalites for one game out?

How many games ahead do you think they plan the penalties for?

You're way overthinkin' shit...….Orders from headquarters; "Keep this game close, or we risk losing viewership, and the money that it brings in"

How did they send the message? Voice conference? Email? Text message?

Also, did they send the explanation to the officials like you wrote it? It seems excessive.
Are saying that the powers that be in the NFL Officiating don't communicate with game Officials during the week, leading up to the games, or that the Officials do not get QUESTIONED or CORRECTED for screwups they make....Ever?? :roll:

FACT: The Seahawks have gotten several "We're Sorry" letters, from NFL Heahquarters in the past for inept Officiated games in the past, Why?....Because the Officials had made game changing screwups.

^^ Now, KNOWING THIS^^ can you say without any doubt whatsoever, that there's no possibility of dishonesty or ineptitude with ANYONE tied to the Officiating of these games in the NFL?.........Yeah, Me Neither.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":wciaxt14 said:
scutterhawk":wciaxt14 said:
bmorepunk":wciaxt14 said:

You're way overthinkin' shit...….Orders from headquarters; "Keep this game close, or we risk losing viewership, and the money that it brings in"

Also, did they send the explanation to the officials like you wrote it? It seems excessive.
Are saying that the powers that be in the NFL Officiating don't communicate with game Officials during the week, leading up to the games, or that the Officials do not get QUESTIONED or CORRECTED for screwups they make....Ever?? :roll:

FACT: The Seahawks have gotten several "We're Sorry" letters, from NFL Heahquarters in the past for inept Officiated games in the past, Why?....Because the Officials had made game changing screwups.

^^ Now, KNOWING THIS^^ can you say without any doubt whatsoever, that there's no possibility of dishonesty or ineptitude with ANYONE tied to the Officiating of these games in the NFL?.........Yeah, Me Neither.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":11p07iid said:
bmorepunk":11p07iid said:
scutterhawk":11p07iid said:
bmorepunk":11p07iid said:

How can you bridge "communicate with game officials" to "dishonesty."

This is not unique to us, every team gets the apology letters........and every coach in the league works the officials, including Pete and his staff.

NEWSFLASH: NFL OFFICIALS ARE INCONSISTENT AND SUCK, SOME OF THEM SUCK A LOT. It's your job as a coach and player to recognize this, and prepare your players to deal with it.............and btw, Pete and his coaches are some of the best in the league at coaching up rules and how to play to the very edge of what's called and what's not called.

To think there's some league wide conspiracy against the Hawks? That's just insane. Get ahold of yourselves people.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1s4ezxdh said:
bmorepunk":1s4ezxdh said:

Sweet! Well this should work both ways. We don't need to worry about KC blowing us out, we have the officials that will come to the rescue! Now what happens if they keep it too close, and the wrong team wins? That could bankrupt all those in on the corruption with bad bets!!

Small brain shanghai homer simpson1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's in interesting subject, crap calls go both ways. I stick with my opinion that they were very one sided in the Niners game. But, we had 60 minutes to score more points.

You guys have a great holiday, hopefully next week we are all talking about a huge win.

Go Hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":267mnsbe said:
Do people honestly think there is actually a "fix" by the nfl? Do you know how many people would have to keep quiet and stay in line to make that happen? It's like listening to flat earthers espouse their theory that everyone in NASA are liars, and that they not only are able to control our space program, but every other space program on earth. Ridiculous.

What might be possible is one of the refs on the crew having a dog in the fight, possibly due to betting. This would be much harder to control or prove.

Enough with the "nfl is like wwf" stuff. Makes our fanbase a laughing stock. We could have and should have played better if we didn't want to leave it up to Ticky tack calls by the refs.
The number of "Ticky Tack Calls" added up to be the Most Yards Of Penalties Levied Against The Seahawks In FRANCHISE HISTORY......There was way too much mud on that slope, and too much ineptitude by shitty Officiating, for the Seahawks to overcome = Crooked.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1fe8sfwy said:
scutterhawk":1fe8sfwy said:
bmorepunk":1fe8sfwy said:

Sweet! Well this should work both ways. We don't need to worry about KC blowing us out, we have the officials that will come to the rescue! Now what happens if they keep it too close, and the wrong team wins? That could bankrupt all those in on the corruption with bad bets!!

Small brain shanghai homer simpson1
Jesus Christ dude, we're talking about having played a 3 & 9 team, and tallying up the most penalized yards in Franchise History.
Even you "Homer", can appreciate the irony ^^
Seahawks did NOT play their best, but that many penalty yards while playing the 49rs in one of their WORST seasons in YEARS.
See now, I don't care one iota if you don't believe me or not.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seems to me, the most penalty yards will be more likely when they play a heated rival. Look at the bad blood and fights breaking out, not the record. We almost always play down to the competition under Pete. All those penalties with the exception of 2-3 are LEGIT.

Own it and quit making excuses. :roll:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tva04pp said:
scutterhawk":3tva04pp said:
bmorepunk":3tva04pp said:
scutterhawk":3tva04pp said:

How can you bridge "communicate with game officials" to "dishonesty."

This is not unique to us, every team gets the apology letters........and every coach in the league works the officials, including Pete and his staff.

NEWSFLASH: NFL OFFICIALS ARE INCONSISTENT AND SUCK, SOME OF THEM SUCK A LOT. It's your job as a coach and player to recognize this, and prepare your players to deal with it.............and btw, Pete and his coaches are some of the best in the league at coaching up rules and how to play to the very edge of what's called and what's not called.

To think there's some league wide conspiracy against the Hawks? That's just insane. Get ahold of yourselves people.
I never said that it was a "conspiracy against the Hawks".....YOU DID.

There are Dishonest people all around us, and some,(believe it or not) even work for the NFL.
Do you also deny that there was ever such a thing as "Deflate Gate"

Crooked shit happens everywhere, all over the world........I believe that there's even such a thing as Crooked Refs. can you prove me wrong? NOPE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1wuhnabm said:
Seems to me, the most penalty yards will be more likely when they play a heated rival. Look at the bad blood and fights breaking out, not the record. We almost always play down to the competition under Pete. All those penalties with the exception of 2-3 are LEGIT.

Own it and quit making excuses. :roll:
That's just it, Seymour, I absolutely do know that the Seahawks had their fair share of penalties coming, but NOT by the lopsided differential in numbers to one team.