What a game! From a Falcons Fan.

Exar0s

Reaction score
I won't lie, I have not been so emotionally tore up since the 1998 Atlanta vs. Minnesota NFC Championship game. I along with everyone else in Atlanta thought Seattle dead after the 3'rd quarter ended and being down by 20 point. What a tough little SoB Wilson is! Man, you can only imagine the horrible feelings of doom we all had after Wilson and company took the lead with 30+ seconds left. The place went completely quiet, all the feelings of the past three playoff games came roaring back reminding us of how we can never seal the deal.

Then Ryan hit Gonzo to put us in FG range. What a moment, no one in the world deserves to play for a NFC title than Gonzo. Once the kick was made, (thanks Pete!) the place wen't absolutely nuts! I high five'd and fist pumped until my hands were bleeding it felt like. I hugged strangers (and my wife) until I was in tears. My uncle, who has been fighting cancer for 7+ years broke down in tears right beside me.. The guy has been a Falcon fan for 20+ years longer than me. What a feeling! The big ass fat gorilla monkey monster was off our back.

Man, what a game. Best of luck to you guys in the future. I was wrong about Wilson. I said I would rather see him dropping back than see Lynch running the ball. How wrong was I!? Seattle has a reason to be excited, Wilson is the truth.

Hopefully this emotional lift will carry us to the SB. Either way it is nice just getting this monkey off our back. As a Falcon fan I know disappointment more than most. Don't sweat it though, Wilson and company will be back next year and beyond stronger than ever. That was one hell of a game.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are licking our wounds, we know that we had our chances and that is what hurts more then anything else. Good Luck going forward.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I can't say "thanks" because it's easy to go to another teams forum after a win.

And the monkey is not off your back yet. Unfortunately for you guys, the 49ers are coming to town. And I don't see any way in the world you can beat them, even in your house.

But I'll be rooting for you guys!

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":o6kbmojy said:
I can't say "thanks" because it's easy to go to another teams forum after a win.

And the monkey is not off your back yet. Unfortunately for you guys, the 49ers are coming to town. And I don't see any way in the world you can beat them, even in your house.

The 49ers have seemingly regressed since last year.

13-3 to 11-4-1.

A tie and loss to the Rams.

A 21 point loss to the Giants.

A 29 point loss to the Seahawks.

OP
OP
E

Exar0s

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":nvu9oe2a said:

Well for the "record" I have been here all week. San Francisco doesn't scare me nearly as much as Seattle did. We were told all week we couldn't beat Seattle, we couldn't win a Playoff game, we couldn't stop Lynch etc. I remember the same statements before we beat the 15-1 Minnesota Vikings on our way to the Super Bowl in 98. Yes, the monkey is off our back. We never won a single Playoff game under Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. Now we have. Anyway, like I said, I have been here all week so win or lose I was coming back. Stay classy Seattle fans.

Your team has a bright future.

MexHawk

Reaction score
Congratulations! It was a great game. You guys have a hell of a team. Hope you win the SB.

Barthawk

Reaction score
I don't want ATL to win so Billick can stop the slurping... disgusting that we have to listen to Mike Smith's Brother-in-law announce the game.. what a doucher Billick was during the game.. constantly commenting on the "swarming" Falcons defense that gave up almost 500 yards of offense..

almost as bad as listening to Martz

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Matt Ryan now has as many playoff wins as Russell Wilson. Congrats good luck the rest of the way.

theoaklandphenom

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1s33deyt said:

The monkey was winning a single playoff game, and it is off! I didn't see it because I was a chicken and refused to watch any of our last offensive drive, but I heard the rest of the crowd and it is off.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good game and best of luck going forward. Tough to handle after a loss but I hope you guys show the haters what's up. Proud of my guys but I have no problem giving props to an opponent. Folks that live in absolutes leave no wiggle room for reasonable competition. That is a way of sports though I try not to get too deep into it.

Best of luck and take care. Give your old division rival my regards.

enamel

Reaction score
Hey, great gloating! I hope SF crushes your soft bellied team, even if we weren't able to get the job done. If the Falcons represent the NFC in the superbowl, I'll be rooting for my new favorite team, The Career Ending Injuries! ;)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
theoaklandphenom":w5yl1i7b said:
FlyingGreg":w5yl1i7b said:

The monkey was winning a single playoff game, and it is off! I didn't see it because I was a chicken and refused to watch any of our last offensive drive, but I heard the rest of the crowd and it is off.

If all you guys wanted to do was win a playoff game, I feel sorry for you.

Wrong. The monkey is not off -- this is all meaningless unless you win next week. Blowing HFA would put the monkey right back.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good win. I'll be rooting for you guys since I'd like to see Gonzo at least get to the SB in his last season.

I'd kind of like to say that we beat ourselves more than you guys beat us, but that's poor form. Great job on stopping the run. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I for one appreciate your post and congratulate you. We know how it feels to struggle and not win often. Enjoy it while you can.

Yes, we totally hosed ourselves but your team still had to take advantage and did. Hope to see you next year after our bye week in Seattle. Man that will be a fun one. Good luck the rest of the way the Whiners looked awful good yesterday but you never know...

hawker84

Reaction score
i appreciate the post as well... please take down the niners, becasue i really don't want to root for NE....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ignore the hurt pansies here, congrats. Russell Wilson is the real deal, and you are witness.

I don't think you guys can beat the Niners, but I hope you do.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Exar0s":396l6gk4 said:
I won't lie, I have not been so emotionally tore up since the 1998 Atlanta vs. Minnesota NFC Championship game. I along with everyone else in Atlanta thought Seattle dead after the 3'rd quarter ended and being down by 20 point. What a tough little SoB Wilson is! Man, you can only imagine the horrible feelings of doom we all had after Wilson and company took the lead with 30+ seconds left. The place went completely quiet, all the feelings of the past three playoff games came roaring back reminding us of how we can never seal the deal.

Then Ryan hit Gonzo to put us in FG range. What a moment, no one in the world deserves to play for a NFC title than Gonzo. Once the kick was made, (thanks Pete!) the place wen't absolutely nuts! I high five'd and fist pumped until my hands were bleeding it felt like. I hugged strangers (and my wife) until I was in tears. My uncle, who has been fighting cancer for 7+ years broke down in tears right beside me.. The guy has been a Falcon fan for 20+ years longer than me. What a feeling! The big ass fat gorilla monkey monster was off our back.

Man, what a game. Best of luck to you guys in the future. I was wrong about Wilson. I said I would rather see him dropping back than see Lynch running the ball. How wrong was I!? Seattle has a reason to be excited, Wilson is the truth.

Hopefully this emotional lift will carry us to the SB. Either way it is nice just getting this monkey off our back. As a Falcon fan I know disappointment more than most. Don't sweat it though, Wilson and company will be back next year and beyond stronger than ever. That was one hell of a game.

Thanks man. You guys earned that win, and very cool to hear about your uncle. Go win a ring for him (and thrash the Niners while you're at it), would you?

Good luck!