What are you more disappointed with?

justafan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":23iazpua said:
Bevell.

He almost singlehandedly lost us the game with his stupidity.

At this point, if I am Jimmy I tell him split me out wide or in the slot because I do not block.

It has become clear this team reached SBs in spite of Bevell not because of him.

So you would act like harvin?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
justafan":2mi6ibwr said:
TwistedHusky":2mi6ibwr said:
Bevell.

He almost singlehandedly lost us the game with his stupidity.

At this point, if I am Jimmy I tell him split me out wide or in the slot because I do not block.

It has become clear this team reached SBs in spite of Bevell not because of him.

So you would act like harvin?

It's at least clear why Harvin was (allegedly) making those demands. It sounds like he had to tell Bevell how to use him because he was either too stupid or too stubborn to figure it out. I suspect it's the latter.

That's what frustrates me to no end about Bevell: he seems to want to fit all this talent into his box, instead of reshaping his box to fit the talent. One of the things we loved about Pete coming in was how he shuffled around the defense to play to players strengths (Red to DE was the classic case). So why doesn't Pete pressure his OC to do the same?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The OL is quite offensive right now. They're playing like it's still preseason after 4 games into the regular season. IMO, this team looks like the 3rd best team in the NFC West. That's due to the OL allowing a depleted Lions DL to sack them 6 times and cause two Wilson fumbles. The FO went the cheap route on OL and now it's starting to bite them. The way they have handled the OL is very disappointing.

AgentDib

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":35815rtu said:
It's at least clear why Harvin was (allegedly) making those demands. It sounds like he had to tell Bevell how to use him because he was either too stupid or too stubborn to figure it out. I suspect it's the latter.
Yeah, we really should have hired the Minnesota OC who helped make Harvin a household name. He would have been available too.

TwistedHusky":35815rtu said:
Bevell. He almost singlehandedly lost us the game with his stupidity.
The echo chamber around here can really distort things, particularly if you visit the gameday forums or chat. Listen to analysis from other sources today, preferably neutral, and see what percentage of the outcomes they chalk up to our OC.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm definitely more disappointed with this offense. They've failed to score 20 points on offense in every game this year. There are a lot of bad teams who have managed to do that. Even the lousy Redskins have managed that three times this year. And we played 2 of the very worst defenses in the league at home.

I mentioned that not long ago, we managed to put of 50 points in back to back weeks. That seems like a lifetime ago. This offense is really playing at a 5-11 type level.

This team is going to have a very tough time besting 9-7 if the defense is required to keep opponents under 16 points in order to win.

To date, our offense has scored:

@ Rams 16
@ Packers 17
Bears 19
Lions 13

Those are pretty poor. Probably the most concerning is that we are a quarter of the way through the season and for a team whose identity has been a great rushing team, we are without a rushing TD on the season. Everything seems way out of sorts. And other than the Rams, we've faced some creampuff defenses.

Defensively, doing great. Even though we're also without an interception on the season, the defense is still playing at an extremely high level.