What can we say after the game tonight

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Boykin is getting there, but he needs the time to develop. He apparently is struggling somewhat with translating the verbiage of plays in the huddle. Let him breathe and learn as the No. 3 and make the call to Tarvaris to give us that veteran presence.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is doing fine, his composure after the pick was great, his calling time outs to get his receivers aligned because of the play mix up is leadership, he will learn a lot after this game, it's how he comes back after adversity that tells me more then anything.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":36nflvdh said:
Boykin is getting there, but he needs the time to develop. He apparently is struggling somewhat with translating the verbiage of plays in the huddle. Let him breathe and learn as the No. 3 and make the call to Tarvaris to give us that veteran presence.
Move on from Tjack already. If the team wanted him back they would have done it already so he could get reps in. Yeah i understand the fear of not gaving the NFLs best coin toss caller but, someone else will need to take that over... Maybe our Ninja punter

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Right, he can learn on the job as the No. 3. Perfect learning environment.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Lol Your undying/unwaivering love for TJack is comendable I can respect that :2thumbs: :sarcasm_on:

Baldhwak

Reaction score
We looked like shit. The o line was terrible . 0 points in the first half with most of the starters playing

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
JPatera76":a0q82yxc said:
Siouxhawk":a0q82yxc said:
Move on from Tjack already. If the team wanted him back they would have done it already so he could get reps in. Yeah i understand the fear of not gaving the NFLs best coin toss caller but, someone else will need to take that over... Maybe our Ninja punter
Why move on from the guy best suited to be our primary backup? He's been groomed for that job and has earned his stripes. There was no urgency to bring him in early as Pete and John know exactly what they have in him. But it's getting to be about that time.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Why do we need a veteran presence in the QB room? Wilson is in his fifth season. Wilson is the veteran presence in the qb room.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
JPatera76":29mo8tbd said:
Lol Your undying/unwaivering love for TJack is comendable I can respect that :2thumbs: :sarcasm_on:
Just love the Hawks and want them to have all their bases covered.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
JPatera76":rhuuk4lr said:
BadgerVid":rhuuk4lr said:
Neither Boykin or McEvoy did themselves any favors tonight...and I am rooting for them both.

Both made rookie mistakes against 3rd stringers...what are they going to do against starters? I thought McEvoy might make it on ST skills but you only heard his name on ST when he got penalized and when he missed a tackle.
I disagree.
Boykin mad rookie mistakes and still almost pulled off and upset. McEvoy on that 53 yard PI was in place prefect to catch and most likely would have had it if it wasnt for those defenders.

Boykin sadly looked much better tonight than our Franchise QB. I think tonight cemented a spot for him as #2

Honestly, I hope they see it like you do. I'd rather be wrong on this one.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":24wvuwdn said:
JPatera76":24wvuwdn said:
Siouxhawk":24wvuwdn said:
Why move on from the guy best suited to be our primary backup? He's been groomed for that job and has earned his stripes. There was no urgency to bring him in early as Pete and John know exactly what they have in him. But it's getting to be about that time.

Cause he's an old POS, full stop.

Seriously, is there anything from Minny that washed up in Seattle that you don't love?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":2b0kwkqp said:
Siouxhawk":2b0kwkqp said:
JPatera76":2b0kwkqp said:
Siouxhawk":2b0kwkqp said:

Cause he's an old POS, full stop.

Seriously, is there anything from Minny that washed up in Seattle that you don't love?
He's 33. That's not too old. And we've had a good run of former Vikings.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sydney Rice one good year

Percy Harvin one good return

Ok now add the rest or maybe they just slipped from memory.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2xkeq4wf said:

Farwell, Kevin Williams, Sidney, Tarvaris, Hauschka, Pete, Bev.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1yivyez2 said:
chris98251":1yivyez2 said:

Williams was a one year wonder if I remember and then wanted the cash somewhere else, Pete goes back to Bud Grant, hardly counts, Bevell................... Really he was all but shown the door and the poll vote would be very interesting I will give you Hauschka, Farwell played special teams, was good at it, but not someone that I would say made a difference that was not replaceable.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1gnfhg5s said:
Siouxhawk":1gnfhg5s said:
chris98251":1gnfhg5s said:

Williams was a one year wonder if I remember and then wanted the cash somewhere else, Pete goes back to Bud Grant, hardly counts, Bevell................... Really he was all but shown the door and the poll vote would be very interesting I will give you Hauschka, Farwell played special teams, was good at it, but not someone that I would say made a difference that was not replaceable.
I was just answering the question that you asked.

uncle fester

Reaction score
There is no need whatsoever for an 'older' backup QB on the roster. Wilson is 27 on the outside and 102 on the inside, an old man in a young man's body.

This league doesn't even have 32 players truly deserving of being starting QBs. Having a raw, mobile, strong-armed backup - who everyone can agree needs experience but who, to date, has displayed a cool head under fire - isn't the worst situation to be in.

In the interests of balance, Id also say that was one of the poorest preseason showings I've seen under Pete. But hey ho, get the mistakes out now and (hopefully) fix them for later.

Does anyone else think CMike looks surprised to find himself still upright after the first 5/6 yards on each carry? It seems like shock makes him lose balance and fall over/into safeties... Might just be me.

Minnesota tv commentators (thanks for that, Gamepass) are the worst, by a country mile. Like knuckle-dragging drunks by the end of it.

Mick063

Reaction score
Russell Wilson looks a bit thicker, a bit less nimble, and a half step slower than years past.

I think he should lay off the weight lifting.