What do we need to see out of the Jets game?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Alright, I know I've taken a large part in the doom gloom and frustration this week (as is normal with any loss as we saw). That being said...Jets coming up. Win-less Jets, but dangerous because a win-less team can do anything they want and damn near beat the Raiders last week (who beat the Chiefs). So....what do we need to see out of our beloved Seahawks that says the Seahawks are correcting course from the last game?

Obviously a loss is not acceptable. So is it just a win? is it a win with defense? offense? both? do the Seahawks need to take control of the game from the start? or if it plays close until the magic time (even come from behind) is that a bad sign? Do we need to see a balanced offense? back to the run? more pass heavy? more short/intermediate pass heavy vs long bombs and runs? Anyway this is pretty open ended. Are there players (outside of RW) that really need to make a showing?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1pv9afs6 said:
Alright, I know I've taken a large part in the doom gloom and frustration this week (as is normal with any loss as we saw). That being said...Jets coming up. Win-less Jets, but dangerous because a win-less team can do anything they want and damn near beat the Raiders last week (who beat the Chiefs). So....what do we need to see out of our beloved Seahawks that says the Seahawks are correcting course from the last game?

Obviously a loss is not acceptable. So is it just a win? is it a win with defense? offense? both? do the Seahawks need to take control of the game from the start? or if it plays close until the magic time (even come from behind) is that a bad sign? Do we need to see a balanced offense? back to the run? more pass heavy? more short/intermediate pass heavy vs long bombs and runs? Anyway this is pretty open ended. Are there players (outside of RW) that really need to make a showing?
ZagHawk, FYI, I responded to your thread you were battling with LTH.

Anyways, to answer your post, I’d just like to see Seattle show they are contenders that are willing to make adjustments when necessary and defeat the teams thoroughly as they should.

I mean, come on, already, do what you are supposed to do! Which is BEAT the inferior team, with some CONVICTION!

I really hate close games with opponents that are not supposed to make it a competitive game.

But we’ve seen it happen time and time again, let’s just say, it wouldn’t surprise me if Seattle loses.

Cheers!

PNW

Reaction score
Personally I would love to see better decision making from Russ, not taking so many sacks from holding onto the ball too long and no more intentional grounding calls. I would also like to see better in game adjustments from coaches and for Pete to have more faith in our pro bowl FG kicker from 52 yards out.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A win.

A convincing win against the Jets won't convince anyone of anything.

At the same time, if we have a sludge type of game where we barely win...nobody would be that shocked.

I don't know if there is anything a Jets game can tell us unless we lost.

Then people would lose their minds.

But even if we beat the Jets by 60, no Hawk fan or NFL fan would take it as a positive sign for the Hawks. It would just mean something negative about the Jets.

And if we won by 3 or 5? There would be a lot of grumbling by the Hawk fans, but also a fair bit would concede this is pretty on brand for what the Hawks have done in terms of close games against lesser opponents.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What do we want to see?

- 100 yards + rushing
- 300 yards passing with 2-3 TD's
- no turnovers
- defense has another solid game with 4-5 sacks
- comfortably 28-10 win

What will we see?

- 50 yards rushing
- Russell struggling again
- too much holding onto the ball and Russell taking 3-4 terrible sacks
- too many Jason Meyers FG's in the red zone instead of TD's due to terrible 3rd down efficiency
- defense allowing a bad Jets team to hang around into the 4th quarter

Bottom line, this is not a switch you flip on, just as we haven't been able to flip it on the past 5-6 games. So don't expect all of a sudden for the Hawks to look amazing again. Even against a winless Jets team.

When's the last time we looked great in all facets and had a comfortable win against anybody? Last year's Cards game in Arizona?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
1.) Make the appropriate adjustments to what the Jets are doing and trust in your personnel to make it happen.
2.) Russ, take what the D is giving you. Stop trying to play Hero Ball and create MVP highlights every dang drop back.
3.) Enough with the coverage sacks. If it's not there, throw the dang ball away.
4.) Jets run D is Top 10 so while you don't abandon the run too early if it's not working, certainly don't stick with it too long either. That's part of proper gametime adjustments.
5.) Have a creative gameplan that throws them off theirs.
6.) PLAY WITH INTENSITY!!! It was severely lacking against the Giants. You cannot afford to play down to this team.
7.) Don't be so tentative, afraid to throw a pick that you don't throw a couple 50/50 balls to DK or Lockett. They are both more than capable of coming down with them far more than not.
8.) Get Uncle Will more involved in the passing game. He's a true threat. It's time to give him some more targets.

Chapow

Reaction score
After the debacle we saw last week, I'd just like to see a win.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The win needs to be at least by 14. Anything less than that and this franchise will crash like a Zeppelin

hoxrox

Reaction score
I just want to see a good old fashioned BLOWOUT. The Hawks are favored by about two TDs, so anything less is kind of a disappointment.

The Jets have a decent run defense, but their pass D is among the worst in the league.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I want to see us come out hard and fast - score on the first drive.

Also want to see 14 point or more victory - agree with some of the other posters - we need a decisive and strong victory against an opponent like this. If we end up squeaking out a 3 point spread late in the 4th, I won't like our chances for the playoffs.

I'd like to see a 30-6 game for us. Jets average allowing almost 30 points per game. Allowing almost 300 yards passing per game. Open it up and let Russ cook!

:2thumbs:

iigakusei

Reaction score
I don't normally think score matters too much (just win baby!) but in this case I absolutely think it matters. We need to absolutely crush them, gain some confidence, and get ready for the next three games which will be tough.
Just once can we please have Geno mop up a game in the 4th?

rcaido

Reaction score
Just need a win w/ no injuries. Also for the defense to keep up with what they been doing the past 3 1/2 games.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hope Adams doesnt go down. You know he's going to be trying to kill people out there.

evergreen

Reaction score
There is virtually 0% of a blowout. When was our last blowout anyway? More than a few years ago. Not gonna be a blowout odds would say...