What do you think of this article - Jody Allen

emurri

Reaction score
I just saw this article from the New York Post (a source I do not trust) on Google last evening. It is manly about the Trailblazers but it is also relevant to the Seahawks because it talks about her ownership style. If the information is true it may be concerning especially the allegations about harassment. I had never heard anything about this in the past. Any thoughts? https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/insiders-trail-blazers-owner-jody-allen-needs-to-sell-team/amp/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I don't respect much that the NY Post publishes, it's not far off from most accounts of what Jody's like as an owner and boss.

She's always had a poor managerial style, and comes off salty and stern.

But Paul was kinda like that as well, he just had a little more diplomacy.

chrispy

Reaction score
The article's author didn't sign it with their real name... just an abbreviation or something that isn't traceable. In the Post's archive, that author has 2 articles: this one and one from 9 months ago about Brian Williams' exit from NBC. The article from 9 months ago was co-authored by Emily Smith who is titled "Editor Page 6" for the Times and calls herself "Editor of the Gossip Column, Page 6" on her Linkedin page. I have no insight into any of the information in the article except that much of it is ancient history, long before PAllen died.

One thing that comes to mind is that if I were trying to buy, or interested in promoting a change in control of, a specific NBA team and the owner wouldn't even take a call, the only leverage I would have is to swirl up some public endorsement for some reason. If you have to use information from 2013 and won't sign your own name... well... come to your own conclusions.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, when the media has an agenda the negative posts like this find their way to forefront. The unwillingness of the post's author to to step up and take ownership of the post is yet another real concern about it's fairness and or the political pro Phil Knight nature of the post.

That Jody Allen is somewhat reclusive and attempts to separate herself distance wise from the team doesn't mean she is not engaged in it's operation.

To me this is just part of the media's attempt to create controversy and attract clicks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hit job. Lillard just signed an extension and said not true that she refuses to talk to him

and the Post is a rag

toffee

Reaction score
Jody did have that incidence with her body guard on Paul's jet, resulting with her having to step down from her then position.

Does such an incident prevent her from being a good Seahawks owner? I don't think so, she has done an adequate job so far.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I miss the days of print newspapers, magazines etc when writing reporters/sports media EARNED their position as compared to now where anyone can fire up a new website, create their own legitimacy, and off they go creating their content. There is such a glut of that in the internet world I just automatically throw it out until I see something solid from official sources.
Jody said she has no plans to sell anytime in the near future. That's as official as I need to hear.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In case I wasn’t clear above the article referred to is BS. Fake news.

However, even if it isn’t completely crap who really gives a flying fig, so she wants to above dealing with personnel, and perhaps has been less than a Girl Scout.

Big deal , call out the National Guard.

sc85sis

Reaction score
As a woman, I can definitively say that double standards are real about how we react to things. I’ve seen guys say stuff that was harsh and no one thought twice about it. When a female says anything close to the same, she’s told she’s rude.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Except the accusations against her are much bigger than being rude or stern. Sexual assault is a valid concern

Ozzy

Reaction score
Huh? What do they have to do with it and while we’re at it you realize Biden has sexual allegations against him too right? I mean let’s list them all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Huh? What do they have to do with it and while we’re at it you realize Biden has sexual allegations against him too right? I mean let’s list them all.
So, hmm, we should FOCUS HARD on Jody Allen for an allegation of "Sexual Assault", and GIVE the >MEN< I mentioned (pissing you off), a 'No Big Deal' shrug of the shoulders for THEIR RAPE CHARGES???...AND, I don't give a rat's azz about Biden, SORRY.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How did it piss me off? It’s a thread about Jody Allen so of course I’m going to comment on it. WTF are you even talking about? Why would you assume anything about my politics or anything in the football forum? We’ve talked normally in the past so this is wild. Whatever you do you. I have no clue what this was about

scutterhawk

Reaction score
How did it piss me off? It’s a thread about Jody Allen so of course I’m going to comment on it. WTF are you even talking about? Why would you assume anything about my politics or anything in the football forum? We’ve talked normally in the past so this is wild. Whatever you do you. I have no clue what this was about
If we can dismiss the multiple "Sexual assault" charges on those PROMINANT men that I mentioned, we CAN'T do the same for Jody Allen, because???
"Sexual Assault is Valid Concern" <-> My point was that I consider it no more of a STORY, than it was for those OTHER Yahoos.