What happen to our balanced offense ?

Chawker

Reaction score
Looking at the game stats we averaged 4.9 yards per carry, yet ran it like 16 out of 46 plays. I thought we where going to be a balanced offense ? At least thats what I thought coach Pete Carroll said. Sometimes we have to grind it out with the running game to open up sum passing lanes in the second half, plus work off the play-action.

I just don't understand what they where thinking in this game ? :229031_shrug:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Not sure if you're being serious but they were trying to work on specific parts of the offense. The idea is that winning in the preseason is less important than winning in the regular season.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Chawker":28vxgolb said:
Looking at the game stats we averaged 4.9 yards per carry, yet ran it like 16 out of 46 plays. I thought we where going to be a balanced offense ? At least thats what I thought coach Pete Carroll said. Sometimes we have to grind it out with the running game to open up sum passing lanes in the second half, plus work off the play-action.

I just don't understand what they where thinking in this game ? :229031_shrug:

No Russ. No Carson. No Lockett. No DK. No Everett. No starting O-lineman.

Are you serious?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Its a teams concept, its not just for certain players. That the wosrt cocken bull story I've ever heard. I'm not trying to belittle you but, its just so far from the truth. I don't by it.

Is this on Pete or our new OC ?

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Pete said straight up that the goal was to work on some passing concepts first half. Winning the first preseason game is not the point at all. Especially without 31 players setting foot on the field. It was a glorified practice. They had a plan to work on specific concepts while NOT giving away too much about the new scheme. I don't get why that is not more obvious. Why would they throw out all the new stuff that they could in a new offense and put it on tape for three weeks? Week one will be the first look at this new offensive scheme. Before that...... it's just working on the pieces without revealing the puzzle.

John63

Reaction score
Chawker":24hvnztp said:
Its a teams concept, its not just for certain players. That the wosrt cocken bull story I've ever heard. I'm not trying to belittle you but, its just so far from the truth. I don't by it.

Is this on Pete or our new OC ?

so now we want to start crap because of the first preseason have, were no starters played, and they said they were not showing the new offense. Wow the crap people find to cause trouble with. Also if you read what PC calls balalnce is nto even split of pass and run but being able to do either when we want. we only ran 45 plays and we were down by 2 score most of the game

We through 10 passes in the 4th qtr trying to catch up. Sometimes the game predicts what you do you usually will not come back from a 2 score lead with the way our defense played running the ball.

I mean if we go into the 4th qtr of a game down 2 scores do you really want us to run the ball, so we are 50-50 or do you want us to win.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
As much as they passed the ball you'd think they would of run some draw plays to off set the passing plays. It just a thought. Oh well.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
A preseason game is nothing more than a practice game. You practice things you want to work on. If they pass the ball every single play or run the ball every single play or even repeat the same play every single time it’s because it’s something they want to work on. There is NO game plan. There is NO scheming for what the other team does. These games are an opportunity to see what your team can do in certain situations against live competition. One cannot read anything into preseason games regarding the reality of what things will look like come the regular season. I watch preseason games purely to see how some of the new guys look vs live competition and how some of the younger guys seem to be progressing.

For those of you getting worked up about aspects of a preseason game, just…STOP!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
31 players held out. My god, complaining about pre-season now. Take a look at the scores of some of the games. I doubt their "fans" are freaking out over a glorified practice game.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see if Pete is going to practice what he is preaching. I'm very greatful of Alex Collens performance 4.9 ypc is a wonderful average.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I get a feeling Russ, DK, Lockett, Wags etc. will play little to no snaps in the pre-season. Shoot, the almighty Rams are not playing any of their starters the entire pre-season. I mean, Coach McVay is the next Vince Lombardi according to many media types and some Hawks fans.......

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Chawker":1hxtris0 said:
As much as they passed the ball you'd think they would of run some draw plays to off set the passing plays. It just a thought. Oh well.

Not going to show your cards to give opponents clues to your misdirection plays. It's vanilla play calling all the way. You just want to see how players perform mano a mano for evaluation.

Don't read anything into practice. Preseason is for drinking beer and getting a peak at the young guys in the system. Only fun preseason we ever had was Russell's rookie year when he made everyone else's second stringers look like chumps.