What I want to see in the Raiders game, especially regarding Lock

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If we are leading by three scores in the fourth, insert Lock. See if he can keep the score ratio as it is.

If he’s truly a Josh Rosen type, that influences urgency as To qb draft selection.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's the gameplan in every game whether it's the Raiders or Rams.

I just have a feeling that Drew Lock has potential & would fare well in this scheme after studying it for a full year like Geno did. Unlike others on this board I would never advocate letting Geno walk or benching him so I can see if I'm right.

I prefer winning to me being able to come post on a forum that I was right.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I’m not about benching Geno otherwise. It’s not that inserting Lock into a three score lead or Loss in the 4th would probably change the outcome, but it would allow for real time evaluation outside of Having to use him because Geno got hurt dying to get yet another Td That wouldnt change the outcome.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I just want to see the team show up and play up to the level they have been recently except for the first half last weekend.

If it seems appropriate to put in Lock for assessment only then I'm OK with the decision but not if the game is closer than a 3 score lead. Somehow though I believe the team knows exactly what they have in Lock and in game assessment is not necessary.

Regardless of the decisions made about keeping both QBs, I truly anticipate the team will draft a QB next draft but not necessarily early in the draft.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
This has been on my mind since PC praised Lock and Swag. I'm all for throwing him a bone and evaluating his progress. Hawks need the win and that should be a priority. Put him in a couple times and let us see what he has got. I'm nervous about it!

toffee

Reaction score
If we are leading by three scores in the fourth, insert Lock. See if he can keep the score ratio as it is.

If he’s truly a Josh Rosen type, that influences urgency as To qb draft selection.
100%, I have been hoping that we have enough of a lead for Lock to mock up. I suspect Lock will be better than his preseason performances, unless he is mental, otherwise Geno's season ought to get into his head to not take risks, protect the ball, and read defense.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This is also about not getting Geno hurt Unnecessarily in garbage time. And lets face It, we Are more likely to face this scenario in our favor. It will most likely be an ideal opportunity to check him out.

I want to see several things. Can he maintain tempo? Do what’s necessary but prudent when facing a defense hungrier for an int than usual? Is the int prone Dallas pregame showing a pattern? Well it would be good to know that if and when we really do need him out there.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I'm really on the fence about Lock. Prior to the Covid thing I was looking forward to seeing him work with the 1's.
Geno has been superb in his running of the offense and I wouldn't want to change any of that but, I (i may not be alone) want to see what the Hawks have in Lock in case needed. Raiders game. at home after bye week would be the window to see what he has got.
How much SWAG does PC have in his 2nd QB?
Shall he start him and give him his bone or wait for the game to be decided and then show your appreciation for his hard work?

rjdriver

Reaction score
In todays NFL, it hard for any team to be up by three scores going into fourth. Too much talent and parity on the field. I wouldn't sleep on the Raiders at all. Not saying the OP was, just that I think they are better than their record may indicate.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
In todays NFL, it hard for any team to be up by three scores going into fourth. Too much talent and parity on the field. I wouldn't sleep on the Raiders at all. Not saying the OP was, just that I think they are better than their record may indicate.
I agree.
I would let Lock open the game. The pressure for Drew to have his shit together would be paramount as it would be in a close game when needed. I feel he and the Oline need the experience of each other. I'd hate to drop him in on a tied up game going into the final minutes with no idea how everyone is going to gel.