What (if anything) would you trade for Andre Johnson?

halfrack

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1gpo1nhs said:
halfrack":1gpo1nhs said:
We have talent out the "wazzo" at WR. Harvin can be every bit as good as Johnson (if healthy). Our young guys proved themselves quite adequately last year and we picked up speed and height in the draft. Plus the fact we're a run first team, he' s just not a great match for us. Someone will snap him him up in a hurry if he truly wants a trade and he'll be worth it to them. He's an awesome talent, we just can't afford him or need him honestly.

Only way I could see him here is if he is cut. Similar to DeSean Jackson.

Even if he was cut, we couldn't afford what he would probably demand and could get elsewhere.

garrylt4

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":2svqgs2x said:
He would have to re work his contract.

This is the most important thing. No way do we take on his salary.

pmedic920

Reaction score
halfrack":d6y1ybp7 said:
Ziggyy108":d6y1ybp7 said:
halfrack":d6y1ybp7 said:
We have talent out the "wazzo" at WR. Harvin can be every bit as good as Johnson (if healthy). Our young guys proved themselves quite adequately last year and we picked up speed and height in the draft. Plus the fact we're a run first team, he' s just not a great match for us. Someone will snap him him up in a hurry if he truly wants a trade and he'll be worth it to them. He's an awesome talent, we just can't afford him or need him honestly.

Only way I could see him here is if he is cut. Similar to DeSean Jackson.

Even if he was cut, we couldn't afford what he would probably demand and could get elsewhere.

Don't see him in Seattle.
But he's not looking for a bunch of money. He's getting paid very well the next two years in Houston.
He wants to Win.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I would grab Andre Johnson in a heartbeat, even less. I wouldn't even think twice about it. The dude may be 32 but he still is producing. Even with an average to below average qb he produces. Comparing him to Harvin is not understanding the type of receiver he is. He's a big, physical, receiver that helps move the chains and can go deep too. Harvin is a small, speedy receiver. They are totally different in that manner. Andre Johnson is comparable to Brandon Marshall. The best fit for him would be going to the Saints and having Drew Brees there. If he gets traded I believe that would be the likely destination. Just a gut feeling.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
LOL @ a soon-to-be-33-year-old receiver with a $16 million cap hit.

CAP HIT
2014 15,644,583
2015 16,144,583
2016 14,675,000

If he's not traded, he must know he would be cut after this year. If he is traded, then maybe he hopes he can sign a new deal with more guaranteed money. A trade makes sense for both parties; an acceptable trading partner will be hard to find given the parameters of his current deal.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seattle would pursue it. The price would need to be right. Current salary is a no go.

Seattle has proven they will explore every avenue to add talent. Johnson would be a starter for this team period. But as mentioned already -- we don't have a ton of cap space for him. I wouldn't expect a deal to happen. There would have to be a lot of give on Johnson's end to make it happen.

Probably would be no different outcome than our pursuits of Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Andre Johnson is in a situation I call the Kevin Garnett zone.

Has been on a team that's done nothing but lose (aside from a few seasons where they couldn't get out of one round, happened with the T-Wolves), and dude has given everything to the franchise, and at a certain point the loyalty that the player feels towards the franchise has to be put aside, there isn't bad blood just a mutual split where it's the best for both parties.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Not at OTA's today. Has also said he isn't going to mini camps in June.