Jville

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1zh5nau2 said:
Hawks just tagged Clark, announced on 710 ESPN
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1102687616887996417[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1102714071625986048[/tweet]

...................................................... yet another pass rusher tagged. This is setting up to become quite the story for the 2019 off season. Fun times.

knownone

Reaction score
Jville":3doh2whp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1102714071625986048[/tweet]

...................................................... yet another pass rusher tagged. This is setting up to become quite the story for the 2019 off season. Fun times.
Sounds like they intend to trade Ford as well.

I was wondering if we'd see teams do this after the Mack deal last year. I think Mack was the exception though. I don't think KC will get the value they are looking for out of Ford.

Jville

Reaction score
A good article on Frank Clark history appeared today ..........
Drafting Clark at 2.63 four years ago is a coup. John Schneider should be lauded for getting top 10 value out of a pick nowhere near the top 10. Pete Carroll and his staff should be commended for developing Clark into a premier defensive end.

Seahawks gamble for Frank Clark has paid off on the field >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/3/5/18251181/nfl-seahawks-frank-clark-gamble-franchise-tag-extension-draft[/urltargetblank]
................................................ enjoy :biggthumpup:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1102784871921942529[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So many people and "experts" were saying how bad that pick was. Turns out the "experts" don't know crap. It's a guessing game. Of course, my friend and I said "who?" and started laughing. So, I'm glad John and Pete are the one's making the decisions. :irishdrinkers:

James in PA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3532n2sa said:
So many people and "experts" were saying how bad that pick was. Turns out the "experts" don't know crap. It's a guessing game.
Yep. Not an exact science by any means. The “experts” also said Aaron Curry was the safest and most NFL-ready pick in his draft class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, that's the one that always comes to mind. Safest pick in the draft blah blah blah.
The Hawks took a guy who was a monster in College, plenty of other teams would have taken Curry at that same slot.

Seymour

Reaction score
James in PA":3iy7vve4 said:
SoulfishHawk":3iy7vve4 said:
So many people and "experts" were saying how bad that pick was. Turns out the "experts" don't know crap. It's a guessing game.
Yep. Not an exact science by any means. The “experts” also said Aaron Curry was the safest and most NFL-ready pick in his draft class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experts like???

Mel Kiper Small

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry I know some people are afraid of clowns....I couldn't help myself though)

Jville

Reaction score
So ........... this topic could go on for a while ..............

Clark and the Hawks could still agree on a contract extension, though, and nullify the franchise tag – if they can get it done by a July 15 deadline.

What are the chances Seahawks could still sign Frank Clark to an extension? >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/610685/extension-seahawks-frank-clark-50-50-albert-breer/[/urltargetblank]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson
✔ @DangeRussWilson

The 2012 @seahawks draft class. They graded us as an F. Now we are World Champs! #GodisGood #GoHawks

And this gem from Bleacher Report:

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection. As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

More Gold:

Russell Wilson is a great test case for shorter QBs, because he has everything else, but did they need him in the third round after grabbing Matt Flynn to come in and likely start? … In terms of maximizing value, there are huge questions. Again, this is a grade of the draft process, not the players alone.

Kiper and Wood were far from alone; SI’s Chris Burke gave the class a ‘C‘ while CBS’ Pete Prisco gave the Wilson Pick a ‘D’. Even during his rookie season, Wilson faced doubters. Michael Lombardi, who was with NFL Network at the time and is now running the Browns, wrote that Seattle should bench the third round pick for Flynn.

massari

Reaction score
John Clayton believes Frank Clark is worth $17.5M per season.

/thread

Jville

Reaction score
Point noted, the subject of this thread is "Frank Clark's price".

There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a separate thread on the subject of raking sports analysts over the coals for past prognostications.

Please try and stay on topic of "What is Frank Clark's price?"

chris98251

Reaction score
The greatest aspect of being a Seattle fan is every mediot out there seems to love to get their shot on the firing line about us in one way shape or form.

Then low and behold things happen like beating the best offense in history in New York with a too short QB and a bunch of no name picks that were not physical enough, too slow or should have been UDFA's.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
It’s amazing the Hawks haven’t franchise tagged a player since 2010. JS has skillfully signed Pro Bowl and future HOF players to their 2nd and most lucrative contracts w/o a tag.

But, I’m a little worried about this one. I think the tag is 17Mil, but this may not be his starting point because Clark’s agent thinks Clark deserves equal, if not better contracts then the other tagged Edge Rushers.

And, that scares me. Lawrence received his 2nd tag worth 20Mil so this is his starting point.And while Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald play a different position, I’m thinking Lawrence will seek a similar contract.

Clark’s a very good player, but is he a 20-23 Mil/year player? We still need to work with Reed, Bobby, and Wilson too. I know we have a good cap number, but can we fit all 4 players?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3pppk945 said:
Clark’s a very good player, but is he a 20-23 Mil/year player? We still need to work with Reed, Bobby, and Wilson too. I know we have a good cap number, but can we fit all 4 players?

I think Clark will end up around the 18-20M per year range.

The last two traditional 4-3 DE's to sign were Chandler Jones and Melvin Ingram in 2017, and they're annual salaries are around 16M per year..........so Ansah, Lawrence and Clark should jump into the 18-20M per year range.

Much to Seymour's chagrin.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dxrmxcg said:
truehawksfan":3dxrmxcg said:

The last two traditional 4-3 DE's to sign were Chandler Jones and Melvin Ingram in 2017, and they're annual salaries are around 16M per year..........so Ansah, Lawrence and Clark should jump into the 18-20M per year range.

Please. :roll:
I said I felt he was worth 15-16M. If he gets 18M (+2M) that is nothing to be embarrassed about on my part, that is well within "over payed FA range". Now if he gets $20M average (here in Seattle in 2019), I will blow my mind and write this team off. Same with Wilson if he goes over $36M. Neither will happen, I'm 100% certain of that. Bet?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3ku07aaj said:
Sgt. Largent":3ku07aaj said:
truehawksfan":3ku07aaj said:

I said I felt he was worth 15-16M. If he gets 18M (+2M) that is nothing to be embarrassed about on my part, that is well within "over payed FA range". Now if he gets $20M average (here in Seattle in 2019), I will blow my mind and write this team off. Same with Wilson if he goes over $36M. Neither will happen, I'm 100% certain of that. Bet?

I gotta have a range, I never said Russell would get 36M, I said he's next man up and will probably get more total dollars than Rodgers (200M+)........but not necessarily more guaranteed cash or signing bonus.

And I said Clark would be in the 18-20M range per year.

So if you wanna bet, at least bet what I said and not the top of my range to make it better for you.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2m3611io said:
Seymour":2m3611io said:
Sgt. Largent":2m3611io said:
truehawksfan":2m3611io said:

I gotta have a range, I never said Russell would get 36M, I said he's next man up and will probably get more total dollars than Rodgers (200M+)........but not necessarily more guaranteed cash or signing bonus.

And I said Clark would be in the 18-20M range per year.

So if you wanna bet, at least bet what I said and not the top of my range to make it better for you.

Not saying you did. I'm saying every player including my favorite player has a limit you pay them before it kills the team.

I'll give you 2 to 1 odds and take your upper 20M limit thank you.

Latest posts