What is the best trade in Seahawks history?

Best trade in Hawks history?

• 8th round pick (1977) to Houston Oilers for Steve Largent

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Fredd Young to Indianapolis Colts for 1st round pick (#15, 1989) and 1st round pick (#10, 1990)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rick Mirer and 4th round pick (1997) to Chicago Bears for 1st round pick (#11, 1997)

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • 1st round pick (#12, 1997) and 3rd round pick (1997) to Tampa Bay for 1st round pick (#6, 1997, beca

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Joey Galloway to Dallas Cowboys for 1st round pick (#19, 2000, became Shaun Alexander) and 1st round

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 2nd round pick (2009) to Denver Broncos for 1st round pick (#14, 2010, became Earl Thomas)

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 4th round pick (2011) and 5th round pick (2012) to Buffalo Bills for Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • Frank Clark and 3rd round pick (2019) to Kansas City Chiefs for 1st round pick (#29, 2019), 3rd roun

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, and 3rd Round Pick (2020) to Houston Texans for Jadeveon Clowney

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
Maulbert":3uh56exa said:
Seymour":3uh56exa said:
Sgt. Largent":3uh56exa said:
Seymour":3uh56exa said:
Come on out of the rain.

You are all wet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, lets give Lynch all the credit for playing with 6 other pro bowl caliber teammates. :pukeface:

When it comes to actual value vs what was given and accomplishments in his career, Largent by a landslide. :snack:

Right, cause I don't care about individual accomplishments. The question is "what's the best trade in SEAHAWK'S history?" Not "who's the best Seahawk we got via trade."

Big difference to me. I love Largent, obviously, I chose him for my name here. But he doesn't compare when it comes to who helped us win a SB and give us the identity that permeated the entire roster.

Take way Wilson....no SB
Take away Sherman....no SB
Take away Chancellor.....no SB
Take away Thomas....no SB
Take away Wagner....no SB
Take away Okung....no SB
Take away Lynch.....no SB

Same can be said about any one on those guys IMO. :177692:

I argue Wilson is FAR more important. Lynch had better seasons both before and after 2013, and had a really good year with T-Jack starting in 2011. We were 7-9 that year. A year later with Wilson, 11-5. Lynch was good, but I think his contribution is massively overblown on here. The way most people on here seem to tell it, Marshawn carried the entire team to a title with both arms tied behind his back.

Thread winner!!! :irishdrinkers:

Check is in the mail

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4hkjnxid said:
Seymour":4hkjnxid said:
Sgt. Largent":4hkjnxid said:
Seymour":4hkjnxid said:
Come on out of the rain.

You are all wet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, lets give Lynch all the credit for playing with 6 other pro bowl caliber teammates. :pukeface:

When it comes to actual value vs what was given and accomplishments in his career, Largent by a landslide. :snack:

Right, cause I don't care about individual accomplishments. The question is "what's the best trade in SEAHAWK'S history?" Not "who's the best Seahawk we got via trade."

Big difference to me. I love Largent, obviously, I chose him for my name here. But he doesn't compare when it comes to who helped us win a SB and give us the identity that permeated the entire roster.

Take way Wilson....no SB
Take away Sherman....no SB
Take away Chancellor.....no SB
Take away Thomas....no SB
Take away Wagner....no SB
Take away Okung....no SB
Take away Lynch.....no SB

Same can be said about any one on those guys IMO. :177692:

Take Largent away, we still stunk.

You're also talking about a very nebulous antiquated time in the NFL. You can barely call the Largent trade a trade. 8th rounder? Dude was about to be released and Houston threw us a bone so they could draft some guy who was going to be selling insurance by the end of training camp.

Not the same as how vital and important trades are in modern football. They can make or break teams for years.

Take Largent away and nobody bothers watching either. He was a human highlight reel. He was the team far more than Lynch was.
That also has nothing to do with "best trade" either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2f0dwbid said:
That also has nothing to do with "best trade" either.

I know, you're the one who's trying to turn this into individuality. The fact that Lynch helped form our identity and helped us win a SB is what puts him #1 for me.

Simple as that. It's all that matters to me in these sorts of subjective "best" discussions. It's why guys like Dan Marino aren't in the conversation as guys like Brady, Manning and Montana. Lombardi's, that's what separates.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dk99mwuy said:
To me it's not even close, Lynch.

Before Marshawn we were a soft "finesse" team without an identity. Yes all the young stars Pete and John drafted on defense helped cement those team's nasty physical punishing style that Pete wanted.........but make no mistake who the tone setter and identity came from, Marshawn.

And we rode that identity all the way to two SB's. No other trade compares.

Yeah all those years with Easley and Tez were Finesse years when Knox wanted to run the ball with Warner, John L Williams

Ok discredited...…………..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":30e92w3j said:
Sgt. Largent":30e92w3j said:
To me it's not even close, Lynch.

Before Marshawn we were a soft "finesse" team without an identity. Yes all the young stars Pete and John drafted on defense helped cement those team's nasty physical punishing style that Pete wanted.........but make no mistake who the tone setter and identity came from, Marshawn.

And we rode that identity all the way to two SB's. No other trade compares.

Yeah all those years with Easley and Tez were Finesse years when Knox wanted to run the ball with Warner, John L Williams

Ok discredited...…………..

I didn't mean for the entire existence of the organization. I meant before Pete and John traded for Marshawn and built their defense, Holmgren's Hawks were a soft finesse team.

Man you guys are sensitive about this question. It's a subjective question, but I appreciate the fervor and passion in which you guys are defending Largent. It's kinda cute.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawks To Take Kennedy? Trade Reportedly With Pats
By Gil Lyons

Defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy of Miami may become a Seattle Seahawk today when the third selection is announced in the first round of the NFL draft.

The New England Patriots and Seahawks reached agreement on a swap of picks in the National Football League draft, according to a published report.

The Patriots traded their first- and second-round choices, which would be No. 3 and No. 29 overall, for the Seahawks' eighth and 10th selections, according to the Boston Globe, quoting an unidentified Seattle source.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wow, back when the 29th pick was in the second round.

poly1274

Reaction score
"2nd round pick (2009) to Denver Broncos for 1st round pick (#14, 2010, became Earl Thomas)"

Easily the best trade for the Seahawks.

It gave us the #1 D and we won the SB. ( We should had won 2x tho).

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
poly1274":ysq7dvvs said:
"2nd round pick (2009) to Denver Broncos for 1st round pick (#14, 2010, became Earl Thomas)"

Easily the best trade for the Seahawks.

It gave us the #1 D and we won the SB. ( We should had won 2x tho).
Better than trading an eight for Largent? You young puppies don't remember that era. Earl got us a SB, but Largent was a better player--he's one of the best recievers in history. The SB is hard to argue with, though.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Largent was the best deal. HOF player that became the face of the franchise for decades for scrubs from the Oilers.

But the greatest moments in this franchise history came because of Lynch.

Lynch put the Seahawks on the map nationally. He made the Seahawks cool. His runs delivered the thing the Seahawks had never had and been screwed out of once. He made sure no other fan base could mock the Seahawks for 'never winning anything'.

His attitude mirrored the defense's and the 2 fed off one another. We made SBs while we had Lynch and never visited it again when we lost him. I don't know how else you can define how important he was.

We never would have made much less won the Super Bowl without him. That trade for him led to the biggest moments in Seahawk history.

Beastquake and a number of other plays that literally were THE greatest plays in Seahawk history (tied with the Tip) came during his run. In terms of moments of sheer joy delivered to fans out here, nobody was his equal.

(Hell, I rigged a series of tubes to shoot Skittles into the air, above the ceiling fan, showering the living room with Skittles every time he scored a TD. I literally built a machine with the sole purpose of only spraying candy everywhere when Lynch and ONLY Lynch scored. Not sure any other player created the kind of singular brand that Lynch created with this fanbase. And that candy is still connected in football fans' minds simply because of Lynch.)

Also, arguably our greatest mistake as a franchise was the one moment NOT using him. Because of that, he might be the greatest Seahawk ever. (That is, however, a subjective title. There is no winning that argument and Wilson still has a chance to win that title for himself.)

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1rxf4hjy said:
Largent was the best deal. HOF player that became the face of the franchise for decades for scrubs from the Oilers.

But the greatest moments in this franchise history came because of Lynch.

Lynch put the Seahawks on the map nationally. He made the Seahawks cool. His runs delivered the thing the Seahawks had never had and been screwed out of once. He made sure no other fan base could mock the Seahawks for 'never winning anything'.

His attitude mirrored the defense's and the 2 fed off one another. We made SBs while we had Lynch and never visited it again when we lost him. I don't know how else you can define how important he was.

We never would have made much less won the Super Bowl without him. That trade for him led to the biggest moments in Seahawk history.

Beastquake and a number of other plays that literally were THE greatest plays in Seahawk history (tied with the Tip) came during his run. In terms of moments of sheer joy delivered to fans out here, nobody was his equal.

(Hell, I rigged a series of tubes to shoot Skittles into the air, above the ceiling fan, showering the living room with Skittles every time he scored a TD. I literally built a machine with the sole purpose of only spraying candy everywhere when Lynch and ONLY Lynch scored. Not sure any other player created the kind of singular brand that Lynch created with this fanbase. And that candy is still connected in football fans' minds simply because of Lynch.)

Also, arguably our greatest mistake as a franchise was the one moment NOT using him. Because of that, he might be the greatest Seahawk ever. (That is, however, a subjective title. There is no winning that argument and Wilson still has a chance to win that title for himself.)

Not sure but the Harden hit was pretty damn good also.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Largent it seems will always be the #1 trade..aside from that..

Didn't we get Cortez Kennedy for the Fredd YOung trade.. as a #1 draft choice? That was a fantastic trade.. 2 first rounders which included Kennedy..

Any one today would call that a great trade.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This was the biggest Fleecing of another team in our trade history, almost assuredly (maybe Largent would be the biggest one)

The Lynch trade was the missing piece that got us the SB. Unless we make a SB with Clowney, the Lynch trade is still the best ever.

quadsas

Reaction score
damn this thread is back.

fools will say that Largent trade was the best. Yes, you got the best player out of that trade, but that's it. Greatest trades are the landmark moments in teams history, think Hershel for Cowboys. Lynch for Seahawks. Old farts don't understand what sports are about

Also, nobody's talking about how great RG3 trade was Rams. It was an obvious fleecing and massive value, but they achieved nothing because of it.

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":1yktka2f said:
damn this thread is back.

fools will say that Largent trade was the best. Yes, you got the best player out of that trade, but that's it. Greatest trades are the landmark moments in teams history, think Hershel for Cowboys. Lynch for Seahawks. Old farts don't understand what sports are about

So Steve Largent a hall of fame receiver, record holder fopr catches for many years, player who put us on the map along with Zorn for a competitive team on offense as the most successful expansion team ever isn't a landmark moment ?

Put this baby back in her crib and give her a binky till she learns that instant gratification in sports isn't what it's about but moments in time and history of a franchise that makes them worth watching, the ups and the downs.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There are trades that in retrospect are great and those that at the time were robbery. Today’s trade is the latter. The Largent trade at the time was merely to get him before he was going to be cut anyways. It wasn’t robbery. Just beating the waiver wire. In retrospect it was awesome.

I think getting proven talent for peanuts is far harder than getting lucky with an unproven player. I’d vote for Lynch or Clowney. That proves a GMs chops. The trades for Largent, Jones and Thomas we’re essentially getting lucky with talent evaluation. No different than getting lucky with Sherm, Wilson and Chancellor b

Latest posts