What other QBs in the league are capable...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There might be a couple QB with the athleticism to outrun defenders and recover the ball, but I can't think of any that would have also performed the perfect 180 degree slide to grab the football so that they could scope out the defense without wasting any time. And then of course the perfect decision on where to run with the football, followed by quickly locating the most wide open receiver and of course delivering a perfect touch pass while on the run.

I actually said that exact thing when that play happened to a couple of my non-Seahawk fan friends...that no other QB in the league could do that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Players that can make that play, Wilson, Flutie, Farve, Tarkenton, Staubach. Most the rest not athletic enough, heady enough, or have the guts to do it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NINEster":3rspr71z said:
How many QBs in the league are capable of 90+ yard TD runs?

So far, Terrelle Pryor and Colin Kaepernick. Russell Wilson isn't fast enough to score a 90 yard TD run, no matter how well blocked it is.

Does that make those QBs better than Wilson on that alone?

The Wilson skillset in a vacuum is nice, but at the cost of the game being shut out for 3 quarters, not worth it.

But I guess the ability to save a terrible snap, and extend the play on 4th and 26 is more usable than a very long QB run, so you guys win. :th2thumbs:
I don't care about being terrible for 3 quarters. Games aren't won by style points. They are won by making plays in high pressure situations. Or by field goal kickers that go "wide right" or "wide left". :mrgreen:

massari

Reaction score
NINEster":2q7hzfb5 said:

So far, Terrelle Pryor and Colin Kaepernick. Russell Wilson isn't fast enough to score a 90 yard TD run, no matter how well blocked it is.

The Wilson skillset in a vacuum is nice, but at the cost of the game being shut out for 3 quarters, not worth it.

But I guess the ability to save a terrible snap, and extend the play on 4th and 26 is more usable than a very long QB run, so you guys win. :th2thumbs:
Wilson has the same 40 time as Mariota who had a 87 yard run this season.

I don't understand your point of being shutout for three quarters either, unless you find me one QB in NFL history who hasn't been.

Not a very well thought out troll attempt. LoL

evergreen

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1qzxefb9 said:
In the 2006 preseason, Tony Romo had a similar play against us (I think). It was a botched snap that he chased down, scooped up, avoided pressure and completed a pass like 35 yards downfield. The next day I went to work and told my Cowboy fan friend that Romo was going to win the starting job and could be great for them. I was right.

So to answer your question, 2006 Tony Romo could do that.
He didn't do so well in the playoffs that season though...

Boom84

Reaction score
Tony Romo did this some years ago.

[youtube]NjplYy_zT0Y[/youtube]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":39zg92lh said:

5-11. Go back to your own team's boards. Did I mention 5-11?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Boom84":3ngned18 said:
Tony Romo did this some years ago.

[youtube]NjplYy_zT0Y[/youtube]

Ehh... thats not really close, thats Romo running for his life.

Wilson went all MLB with lockett being the 1st baseman he was throwing to lol

shawnsim

Reaction score
Watch after the snap. While running for the ball he pokes his mouthguard into place. Then slide recovers then runs, then completes the pass but, has the presence of mind to secure his mouthpiece. It's amazing.

Fade

Reaction score
NINEster":otmw9j1v said:

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

shawnsim":1ctwaq4o said:
Watch after the snap. While running for the ball he pokes his mouthguard into place. Then slide recovers then runs, then completes the pass but, has the presence of mind to secure his mouthpiece. It's amazing.

It was truly amazing, and made me hope we could win. I missed the mouthguard securing, though. Thanks for this! All I can claim is many years ago I was with my late father-in-law in a boat which capsized, a couple of hundred metres offshore. We both swam to shore OK (water wasn't that deep anyway) and when on the beach we realised we had both carefully:

a) Held on to our A$1.99 thongs in one hand (I think Americans call them flip-flops)
b) Held on to our stubbies (beers), in the other hand, with finger carefully inserted into the mouth of the bottle, to prevent any salt water entry.

Insurance covered the outboard motor.

Charles

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson's amazing pickup of the ball from the ground is also demonstrative of an essential skill in Australian Rules footy. It's NOT easy to do it flawlessly. Simply awesome. Gary Ablett, Nat Fyfe and Patrick Dangerfield (elite AFL midfielders) would be proud.

Charles