What prevents us from winning Superbowl this year?

Atradees

Reaction score
We should know that home field is huge.

The ball has to come out fast like the last half of the season. We can be more aggressive that way. The Oline looks better that way- so once again it comes down to RW. Can he be decisive from the onset? Will we get some continuity from the line lessening the load? Will the TE block adequately?

I wouldnt mind Ogbah or The top ranked TE in this draft as well.

More pressure on the bad guys and more blocking and more turnovers please.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Aside from injuries, slow start, not getting HFA, and bad breaks, it could be as simple as the Patriots, Packers and Panthers also being big time contenders with franchise QBs. Sometimes another team is just better. Though I do think this Hawks team has as good a shot as anyone.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Seahawk":1sv1m8wq said:
Poor O-line play gets our prize QB injured.

Unfortunately, you can have a heavily invested in oline and the star QB still goes down - Romo, Dalton. Injuries are more bad luck than anything, not sure if there is a proven tie-in between quality of oline and QB health.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35yys0a8 said:
chris98251":35yys0a8 said:
Glad he's our OC as he provides our best chance to get back to the Super Bowl

Definitely something to be said for having your young franchise QB only having one OC and one playbook in his career thus far. That continuity is crucial. Luck has had to deal with that change, Alex Smith had it constantly to start his career, RG3.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
kobebryant":1hy9nau7 said:
Siouxhawk":1hy9nau7 said:
chris98251":1hy9nau7 said:

Definitely something to be said for having your young franchise QB only having one OC and one playbook in his career thus far. That continuity is crucial. Luck has had to deal with that change, Alex Smith had it constantly to start his career, RG3.

yup, lucks oc changes led to him being a interception machine. :sarcasm_off:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yi8m2q58 said:
Doesn't matter how good you are, there are still certain things that need to happen to win championships.

- health
- players stepping up to fill important roles
- luck
- bad calls kept to a minimum
- timing of peaking

More specifically for us? I think Rawls coming back healthy and staying healthy is the most important factor right now. If he can carry the load then our offense should roll. But if he gets hurt and we have to do some sort of piece meal running by committee and become a one dimensional team with Russell running for his life half the season? No bueno.
Disagree. I think the read-option, with Wilson a threat to either run or pass, stretches open the middle of the defense, and the running back doesn't matter that much (unless he's of a caliber with Beast Mode).
GO HAWKS!

Willyeye

Reaction score
Ambrose83":31zas4ex said:
kobebryant":31zas4ex said:
Siouxhawk":31zas4ex said:
chris98251":31zas4ex said:

yup, lucks oc changes led to him being a interception machine. :sarcasm_off:

I always thought that making the playoffs was what turned Luck into an interception machine.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Atradees":f8m8zlm4 said:
We should know that home field is huge.

The ball has to come out fast like the last half of the season. We can be more aggressive that way. The Oline looks better that way- so once again it comes down to RW. Can he be decisive from the onset? Will we get some continuity from the line lessening the load? Will the TE block adequately?

I wouldnt mind Ogbah or The top ranked TE in this draft as well.

More pressure on the bad guys and more blocking and more turnovers please.
Well said sir! :th2thumbs:
Agreed!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Largent80":2ispa0yx said:
We saw what the advantage of having home field means, so getting off to a slow start is not something the team can afford. Shoring up the O-Line is a must do. We are armed with some draft picks that should at minimum give us decent depth.

Same old other things, luck, injuries, officials etc.

Absolutely spot on. However, I don't believe the Seahawks played as well at home last season as they have in the past. They dropped 3 games at home. Hopefully they correct that and make it impossible for opponents to win at Clink again.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should be reading this as what "will" prevent us from winning a Superbowl or what "could" prevent us.

If it's "will" then I say absolutely nothing. I am very confident in this team winning a Superbowl this year.

If it's "could" then there is an endless possibility of what could happen.

Cartire

Reaction score
Barring major injury to either Russell, Sherman, Thomas, or even a combo of Bennett and avril, there is no reason we dont open up STRONG. We finally have a fair schedule, IN FORVER. We need to grab the W's fast. This team will feed off the momentum.

Only injuries will be our decent. And there will be some...

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Last year nearly everything was against us. Injuries to key players, an iffy schedule, SB hangover, Kam's holdout, Cary Williams etc. Something like that is enough to prevent us from winning the SB.

This year we already have a much more favorable schedule and so far no big distractions. It'll also be likely we won't have as many key injuries as last year was a bit of an outlier. If things continue to go smooth we just have to beat the other top contenders and I feel like we can do that.

Panthers will be feeling the SB hangover like we did last year, their momentum has halted and their defense will be worse than last year as well. Packers are still in a situation where they are good but not great. There isn't a lot of exceptional talent beside Aaron. Cardinals are looking like the NFC version of the Bengals, regular season heros but choke in play-offs. Then we'll probably go up against Patriots or Steelers in the bowl, which are both difficult but definitely winnable games.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Overseasfan":f6zlajiu said:
Last year nearly everything was against us. Injuries to key players...

...It'll also be likely we won't have as many key injuries as last year was a bit of an outlier....

The Seahawks were just a hair below average for starters' games lost to injury last year.

Capture0

Their core guys didn't really miss any meaningful time. I guess you could argue that Lynch was injured, but he's not on the team at all this year, so it's like that's a gain when thinking about this season.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'll be crossing my fingers with regard to interior pass rush. I think we can work around the o-line but pressuring opposing QBs AND getting home is key, imo.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2rn0z0yv said:
The Seahawks were just a hair below average for starters' games lost to injury last year.

Capture0

Their core guys didn't really miss any meaningful time. I guess you could argue that Lynch was injured, but he's not on the team at all this year, so it's like that's a gain when thinking about this season.

I don't believe anyone is saying that injuries were a major factor last season (obviously Jimmy, Rawls, Marshawn going down didn't help). I think we're just putting out the obligatory "if player x (Wilson, Thomas, Bennett, Wagner) goes down it'll really hurt the Hawks chances. Same thing that other fans would say regarding Brady, Gronk, Von, Cam, Kuechly, Rodgers, Big Ben or any other core piece of a contender.

But yes, ultimately last year wasn't too bad on the Hawks. The squad that limped off the field after SB49 - now that was a team feeling the impact of injury.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kobebryant":3f8o7j4q said:
I don't believe anyone is saying that injuries were a major factor last season...

Was responding to the post directly above mine. Should have quoted it. Now fixed. :th2thumbs: