What separates Bill Bellichick from other "great" coaches?

Josea16

Reaction score
Tical21":1k0nwup1 said:
Pretty simple. Replace Kearse, Willson, Gilliam, KPL, Rubin with younger, hungrier, improving players. Probably would've shipped off Sherman by now too.
5:1, interesting at best given we aren't talking fantasy football. How about you get real and at least entertain me with just how you plan this in the current FA and draft? With what we actually have? Bonus problem Kearse and Lane aren't leaving this year. It's a cap thing and reality. So hit me I'm curious abou your solution. Don't include JG. Remember this isn't Nintendo and JG almost destroyed records while dealing with ridiculous bullshit from every imaginable angle. And a ridiculously serious injury. Let's trade him though .....says .Net all full of guys working in the NFL and in the know right?

How about deal with the fact that he is a modern era TE and not some glorified in line blocker circa 1975. The rules have changed adapt or die. New England gets it and we need to do similar. Football is still football if can run with authority you can pass with impunity. And you can still do the deep strike vertical game. IF YOU CONTROL top and run to shorten the game.

We just want to actually run then use the short pass game. Both work. Both are meant to do the exact same thing. I prefer running but that's a personal opinion.

Tical21

Reaction score
Josea16":1t2zt888 said:
Tical21":1t2zt888 said:
Pretty simple. Replace Kearse, Willson, Gilliam, KPL, Rubin with younger, hungrier, improving players. Probably would've shipped off Sherman by now too.
5:1, interesting at best given we aren't talking fantasy football. How about you get real and at least entertain me with just how you plan this in the current FA and draft? With what we actually have? Bonus problem Kearse and Lane aren't leaving this year. It's a cap thing and reality. So hit me I'm curious abou your solution. Don't include JG. Remember this isn't Nintendo and JG almost destroyed records while dealing with ridiculous bullshit from every imaginable angle. And a ridiculously serious injury. Let's trade him though .....says .Net all full of guys working in the NFL and in the know right?

How about deal with the fact that he is a modern era TE and not some glorified in line blocker circa 1975. The rules have changed adapt or die. New England gets it and we need to do similar. Football is still football if can run with authority you can pass with impunity. And you can still do the deep strike vertical game. IF YOU CONTROL top and run to shorten the game.

We just want to actually run then use the short pass game. Both work. Both are meant to do the exact same thing. I prefer running but that's a personal opinion.
Except that we treat him like a glorified in line blocker circa 1975.

We don't want to use the short pass game. Are we watching the same team?

Easy, Cut Kearse and KPL. It would cost you 1 million to get their replacements. Not that difficult. Teams cut players under contract all the time. The Seahawks have had tons of dead cap hits over the past five years. How is this that difficult to understand? If we were New England, they would not be on this roster anymore. If you're not getting better, you're gone. Is it a difficult concept?

Largent80

Reaction score
Tical21":33jgj3kp said:
Josea16":33jgj3kp said:
Tical21":33jgj3kp said:

Easy, Cut Kearse and KPL. It would cost you 1 million to get their replacements. Not that difficult. Teams cut players under contract all the time. The Seahawks have had tons of dead cap hits over the past five years. How is this that difficult to understand? If we were New England, they would not be on this roster anymore. If you're not getting better, you're gone. Is it a difficult concept?

Why don't you apply for Schneiders job, is it a difficult concept?

Or do you accept failure before trying?

chris98251

Reaction score
Tical21":2zi0t3sw said:
Josea16":2zi0t3sw said:
Tical21":2zi0t3sw said:

Yeah we should just cut/trade everyone ready for a payday contract and have lots of cap space to sign unknown F.A.'s and then bully them into playing and cheating hoping that our Owner will run interference so the season can play out and then just pay fines.

Perfect Franchise Management !

Don't need a G.M. if we cut/trade everyone going to a second contract, the coach can just pick guys that he can treat like expendables.

Tical21

Reaction score
chris98251":3m9b86nm said:
Tical21":3m9b86nm said:
Josea16":3m9b86nm said:
Tical21":3m9b86nm said:

Yeah we should just cut/trade everyone ready for a payday contract and have lots of cap space to sign unknown F.A.'s and then bully them into playing and cheating hoping that our Owner will run interference so the season can play out and then just pay fines.

Perfect Franchise Management !

Don't need a G.M. if we cut/trade everyone going to a second contract, the coach can just pick guys that he can treat like expendables.
The question is about what makes Bellichick different than the rest, in particular as it relates to us. Which culture is healthier and a greater preference for individuals is a completely different conversation. I'm not saying it is right or wrong or would work here, but in Bellichick's world, if you're not improving, it's time to move on. It is just a fact.

Tical21

Reaction score
Largent80":2syk3f5d said:
Tical21":2syk3f5d said:
Josea16":2syk3f5d said:
Tical21":2syk3f5d said:

I tried for the better part of a decade to get into that building.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tical21":sh3qdmt5 said:
Largent80":sh3qdmt5 said:

I tried for the better part of a decade to get into that building.[/quote]

That's why you are here. It's easy to armchair GM, not so much in the real world.

Tical21

Reaction score
Largent80":2ht3sna7 said:
That's why you are here. It's easy to armchair GM, not so much in the real world.
You think being this far ahead of the game is easy?