What to expect from Rawls upon his return?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think it will take several games for him too get back to 2015 form, if that is even possible at all this year. I think he will start slow. It's Prosise time for now

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":hdnl1rh1 said:
I think it will take several games for him too get back to 2015 form, if that is even possible at all this year. I think he will start slow. It's Prosise time for now
Prosise for sure has more time being 'in the groove' and having the hot hand lately, that does definitely matter. Otoh, he is not the break on through to the other side brick-wall banger that Rawls proved to be last year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":u0jicurj said:
KiwiHawk":u0jicurj said:
Keep in mind Philadelphia has a proper front 7 so rushing against them is not going to be easy to begin with. Don't be disappointed if we go away from the rush, or if our rushing isn't very successful. We don't play in a vacuum - there's another team on the field. Besides, playing in a vacuum would suck. Badum-bum.

I do echo the sentiment about having Prosise and Rawls in the backfield with Graham, Baldwin, and Lockett on the line being an absolute nightmare to defend. The options there are multitudinous, and all of the weapons are legitimate threats. Both backs are legit receivers, as is the TE, and both backs and the QB are legit runners. Rawls would make a decent lead blocker or additional protection for Wilson opening up Graham to go downfield.

And what do you defend it with? If you don't go nickel, then you have Prosise on a linebacker, and Wilson is taking that mismatch every time. If you go nickel you don't have the linebacker to stop Rawls or to spy Wilson. Blitz at your own risk, keeping in mind Wilson's efficiency actually increases against the blitz, and the hot reads will burn you because both backs are very good receivers out of the backfield.

It's impressive to think about isn't it?

Now add in Lockett on a jet sweep and Prosise on a couple screens.
The old 'Lightning in a bottle play' eh? :twisted: :stirthepot: This is a play I've been expecting to see, now that Wilson is back near 90%, Prosise showing some kick-ass, and Lockett seemingly on the mend, I think there's a possibility we might see a play like that in the works.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
---
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has in the past compared the way Rawls finishes runs in the open field to a bull trying to gore someone, and for a team that wants to be tough and physical, not just on defense but in all phases of the game, a physical running game is what “closes that circle” of toughness. ...
“There’s no easing in with him. He’s going. We’re just cutting him loose and he’s going.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles

truehawksfan

Reaction score
What if this is a close game? For the last 4 years we would run the ball and take as much time off the clock.

Are we going to play it safe or are we handing the ball to Rawls who will find those dark creases?

No pitch count. Give him a good workload to find his rhythm.

Shit, how much playing time did CJP have before the Pats game? Dude missed all OTAs, Mimi camp, most of the preseason, played sparingly for 2 games. didn't seem to bother him at all.

And, will the Eagles keep their LBs on the field if we have BOTH Rawls and CJP in the backfield? What a mismatch for CJP i he goes out for a pass. DB? run the dam ball!

SeaChat

Reaction score
I am not even going to pretend that I'll be able to keep it short with this one. Its just not my style to be short, so much is left to be misinterpreted when you go that route, and my experience in this forum is that much of what I say is not always received in the spirit it was presented.

I am a big Thomas Rawls fan, and I genuinely hope that he is back to stay and ready to play this time. Twice now since coming on board with the Seahawks, his bone structure has betrayed him. I would have thought in his initial rehab from the broken ankle, that his trainers would have concentrated not only on those things that would promote healing of his ankle, but also those things that would help strengthen his skeletal structure so as to reduce the threat of future like injuries occurring.

If they did implement that type of rehab regiment, and then, within less than a few plays on the field this season, he is sidelined with a broken leg, another incident involving the integrity of his skeletal structure, we could be seeing a pattern here, that suggest his skeletal structure has not been sufficiently conditioned to sustain that sort of punishment, or God forbid, there isn't anything more he can do to achieve that sort of durability.

Based on my own experiences and on my experiences coaching athletes earlier on in my life, I am a true believer of conditioning yourself not only for the sport you play, but for the position you play. In order to be a "great athlete" you have to push yourself harder than anyone else in your position does, or at very least as far.

I'm not talking about the usual exercises that all the other athletes do together, I'm talking about those things you do to push physical limits, to levels you didn't think were possible and them pusing yourself even further, and focusing on those areas where you know you are most venerable. This truly is what separates good athletes from great athletes.

As for Thomas Rawls, I think he is on top of all of this. In his recent press conference, when asked what his rehab entailed, he said, "I ran, I ran a lot, I ran and ran and ran".

Crazy as that sounds, All that combined with the right diet is exactly what you do to condition your skeletal structure. I would hope his trainers are on top of all that, and don't allow for him to go too far and start tearing down his muscle mass and bone strength instead. Its hard to know that place on your own, but if he is listening to his trainers and cooperating with them, he should be good to go.

*Seven Paragraphs LMAO, a short post from Pacific101 :179422:

God Speed Thomas Rawls, you are the man!

Go Seahawks !