What was your first .Net post about?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The first post I can remember is celebrating the Hawks signing Anthony Simmons to a long-term deal.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2tkpxiqo said:
I asked a question about Mansfield Wrotto.

Woah, I haven't thought about that dude in ages. I had high hopes for him.

I lurked for a year or two, 2001-2002. Started posting a little before the Scout move, started posting a lot in the Scout days and through the netnation12 stint. Fell off some when I went back to school in 2012.

The culture of online discourse has changed a lot in that time. When The News Tribune was killing it with Sando, dialog was so great. Lots of great journalism between Sando and Boling; it seems a lot more threads were links/excerpts from good journalism. Nowadays, there's more stuff fueled by a combination of Twitter and conjecture, which kind of sucks for those of us that didn't grow up with the immediacy and direct-contact of social media and stuff.

I miss a lot of folks that have been banned, passed away, or just stopped posting frequently: Pehawk, Rotak (Snohomie), Silverseahawk (Rat), Radish, Sharkhawk, and even Warner28.

Rocket

Reaction score
I asked what that weird sex organ thingie was in Pehawk's profile pic.
Or was that someone elses? was it Matt's?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
First post I remember was some kind of rah rah on the eve of, I believe, the playoff game against the Rams back in 03/04. I think. Or some kind of potential playoff elimination style game the year before. I could be wrong but it was some kinda shit like that. Either way we definitely lost that game.

garrylt4

Reaction score
A Steve Largent autograph signing back in the 90s, for us Seahawks fans on the east coast. Steve couldn't have been more awesome. Got a full sized helmet and a very lithograph signed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
grizbob":285r4npu said:
Hell, I can't even remember my last post :shock:
This is sig worthy. 8)

As for myself? Look it up under Marleycat or KCHawkGirl. I can't remember given I was totally drunk both times.

@Rocket, Pe's avatar was a geoduck.

schkoot

Reaction score
Mine was probably in response to the "playoffs or layoffs" rants by "Seahawks Fan Steve harper"....LOL

I fell off of the boards when I joined the Marines and did the whole Iraq thing. By the time I decided to jump back in the site no longer remembered my login info, and neither did I. Now I mostly lurk.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Don't remember, but it was probably something introducing myself as a USC and Pete Carroll fan.

Jville

Reaction score
schkoot":vry1arov said:
Mine was probably in response to the "playoffs or layoffs" rants by "Seahawks Fan Steve harper"....LOL

I fell off of the boards when I joined the Marines and did the whole Iraq thing. By the time I decided to jump back in the site no longer remembered my login info, and neither did I. Now I mostly lurk.

LOL ................

Steve Harper ..... Steve Harper ..... Where Art Thou

Many have tried but none have matched his rants.

And many an administrator and monitor were broken in fast by Harper.

Chawker

Reaction score
schkoot":ns06ck8w said:

Steve harper lol that name ringers a funny bell. wasn't he a raiders fan?

grizbob

Reaction score
I DO remember when I first found Todd's site the vote for the bill for the new stadium was the hot topic so I'm sure I chimed in on that.

kearly

Reaction score
I joined .net back in the scout days in 2004 or 2005, and obviously I joined here when the shift away from scout happened in 2007. Before to joining .net I posted at the Seattle PI Seahawks forum (2002-2005?). And before that I was at the official Mariners forums going back to 2001. For a couple years, probably 2003-2004, I was a regular at the STL today newspaper Rams forum, fighting to educate Rams fans, who were mostly cool other than a small handful of major homers.

Really wish I could tell you what the first post was, it might have had to do with politics. The oldest still existing post I can find is from April of 2009 on the scout site where I super pissed over the Aaron Curry pick, but was stoked for the future first and Unger trade-up that happened a round later.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
about a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer who barely kept his family fed. And then one day he was shootin' at some food, and up from the ground come a bubblin' crude.

But then I realized I was on a Seahawks site so I didn't post again for another couple of months.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am 100% sure that my first post was an introduction on the old Scout Site in 2005.

Cartire

Reaction score
Pete Carroll Wired
Coming up on NFL Network soon.

*First time poster here, but long time viewer

Boring, but at least I provided some information I guess...

chris98251

Reaction score
I was a noob, probably posted something irrelevant or sarcastic, in those days the .Com board was really active as well and it was a free for all and blood was shed.

cdallan

Reaction score
Mine was about Hasselbeck and Whitehurst. As such, it was completely original and created the level of respect, if not awe, for my thoughts that I enjoy today.