What will assuage the grief for you?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":2n50djzf said:
Only time will heal this for me. After another emotional game, for it to all unravel on one play is certainly a hard pill to swallow. Although I think throwing it in that situation was a good call, the play call was wrong. I would have rather seen a bootleg fade route to Mathews, or Willson. At least run something play action to give Russ a chance to make a play, or throw it away. Running the ball from that spot is what the Patriots were expecting, and who knows, maybe Marshawn gets in, maybe he doesn't. The choice of not to run it reminds me of the NFCCG last year, when Marshawn fumbled in the same situation.

Yep, make a play action pass.

The only thing that will erase it is a superb owl win next year.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Cyrus12":kmd3fhhk said:
a number one receiver...kearse for all he has done is at certain moments is nothing more than a depth receiver. if he is still around next year it better be a cheap deal.

Nope. You have to be able to see the forest through the trees my friend from the North. We have three emerging studs in the league at the receiver spot in Norwood, Richardson and Matthews. Mark my words, next year those three are starters and our offense begins to shift from a run first to a deadly passing offense. With those three and Baldwin, the Hawks will have the best receiving corp in the NFL for the next few years to come.

hangumhi

Reaction score
hangumhi":z3z5waa8 said:
Cyrus12":z3z5waa8 said:
a number one receiver...kearse for all he has done is at certain moments is nothing more than a depth receiver. if he is still around next year it better be a cheap deal.

Nope. You have to be able to see the forest through the trees my friend from the North. We have three emerging studs in the league at the receiver spot in Norwood, Richardson and Matthews. Mark my words, next year those three are starters and our offense begins to shift from a run first to a deadly passing offense. With those three and Baldwin, the Hawks will have the best receiving corp in the NFL for the next few years to come.

Spend the money on the O line and ride these three cheap receivers for three years and I promise you that's a winning combination.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Time I guess. The hurt will fade. But I don't know that you ever really get over this kind of heartbreak.

Exittium

Reaction score
A team signed helmet with an apology letter from bevell and a copy of his resignation letter.. Haha j/k, I'm pretty agreeing with everyone else. Keep lynch extend wags and rus, try and do something sweezy and get Wilson big targets, like Kelvin Benjamin ..

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Seeing a Seattle team win another championship sometime soon, or the Sonics returning

That's it

I honestly don't know if I can really enjoy regular season games the same way anymore. Definitely not the way I'm feeling right now. If the M's opening night were tonight, I don't think I'd feel like watching.

hangumhi

Reaction score
hangumhi":35evb36w said:
hangumhi":35evb36w said:
Cyrus12":35evb36w said:

Spend the money on the O line and ride these three cheap receivers for three years and I promise you that's a winning combination.

Oh and hold onto Lockette, this kid will have a HUGE chip on his shoulder (as if he didn't already) coming into next season.

LTH

Reaction score
the loss hurt real bad... but even in the loss it still stands that the Hawks controlled their own destiny IMO... they had the chance to win and like Sherm said thats all you can really ask for...I have not lost faith in the Hawks, Pete or Bevell Ive been watching football for many years and I understand that people make mistakes, weird things happen in this game... freak things...and thats just the game... time to move on...

LTH

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2jt5qykk said:
Aside from Bevell being fired (plenty of threads on that), what will it take for you?

I'm hoping we get some fast extensions done for Russ, Marshawn and Bobby. I think I'd feel instantly better about everything.

JR Sweezy extension would help too, thought he looked solid for the most-part yesterday, and is the most reliable guy on that O-line. As a side note, I thought our O-line as a whole had one of their better games. Loved seeing Carp maul his man without his helmet on too, that was gritty.

Not sure how I feel about tendering Kearse. It's kind of disappointing that he appears to be so indispensable. I love his big play ability, but he had another drop yesterday, and even if it was a little tough, he had it in his hands and it ultimately proved costly.

Getting Williams back on a lower one year deal would be cool too, that guy needs a ring.
I'm all for extensions to Russ and Bobby but I am incredibly leery about Marshawn but willing to take the risk. What would really help is to actually get a real WR in and hope the Richardson can comeback and that Chris Matthews is actually the real deal. If that happens along with Norwood developing the Seahawks may have something big time concerning the WR corps. Also for the love of all that is holy do something, anything about our TE position.

Other then that I just want a good draft and for Earl, Sherman and Lane (especially Lane that broken arm was horrific) to recover. We were so injured by the end so I know that if we weren't so banged up in the secondary and the DL we would have won easily.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The loss hits especially hard knowing 1) victory in the biggest game of the year was ours for the taking with just one lousy yard needed in three tries, 2) we were definitely the better team, 3) we had a lot of guys playing with an incredible amount of heart, some playing through major injuries, and 4) the opportunity for back-to-back SB wins has slipped away.

But the loss is not hitting me as hard as I know it is some. (It bugs the HECK out of me because of #1 above, though.) We won the NFCC game and beat out 15 other NFC teams for the right to represent the conference in the Super Bowl. We gave the other team a hell of a game and caused them to seriously doubt their chances for a while.

And very quickly to keep this short, the other things already buoying my spirits going forward include knowing 1) we're very young, 2) Russell is a rare breed who truly believes in himself, 3) the fluke year for injuries will hopefully not repeat itself, 4) our front office, fans, and facilities are second to none, and 5) the Seahawks will treat this as a learning opportunity and move forward with every intention of continuing their upward trajectory of success.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Firing Bevell's the only thing on my off-season wish list, and I don't think it's going to happen. So, lump of coal in my stocking, I guess...

FnkyCold

Reaction score
I'm good knowing we faced incredible odds the past two games and played well enough to win despite all of our weaknesses. This team is exciting. They will never get over this loss and will be better because of it.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hangumhi":1fldmt5g said:
Cyrus12":1fldmt5g said:

Oh and hold onto Lockette, this kid will have a HUGE chip on his shoulder (as if he didn't already) coming into next season.

Wow, that's optimism, right there...

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Since what was lost was back to back Superbowl victories and a shot at history, that's what it will take for me.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I know it would be hard to do....BUT

The pats won with Brady and then didnt even make the superbowl and THEN went back to back....It would take incredible luck but I could see us going to the next 2 superbowls and at least winning one. After that though, idk. Lynch will be gone and other key pieces might have to leave because we cant pay them anymor