What would it cost to trade up to 15 or 16?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3n0g8ini said:
Last year, they did not like the options at their spot and opted to "move up" for Percy. So I know they will do it if they feel it is the right move. I can only think of two guys I would move up for in this draft, and I simply don't know if it is worth it to do so.

Which two?

I would pay a #32 a #64, and a future #26-32 for Mike Evans in a heartbeat. Not sure if that would be enough though. If possible for a similar price, I'd consider Watkins and possibly Greg Robinson. I'm sold on Aaron Donald, though not for for more than a 1 plus a 2. There are some other players I love (CJ Mosely) but I'm not sure if they fit what Pete wants.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":m8joi1bn said:
Scottemojo":m8joi1bn said:
Last year, they did not like the options at their spot and opted to "move up" for Percy. So I know they will do it if they feel it is the right move. I can only think of two guys I would move up for in this draft, and I simply don't know if it is worth it to do so.

Which two?

I would pay a #32 a #64, and a future #26-32 for Mike Evans in a heartbeat. Not sure if that would be enough though. If possible for a similar price, I'd consider Watkins and possibly Greg Robinson. I'm sold on Aaron Donald, though not for for more than a 1 plus a 2. There are some other players I love (CJ Mosely) but I'm not sure if they fit what Pete wants.
Donald and Evans.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":33toy1w5 said:
kearly":33toy1w5 said:
Scottemojo":33toy1w5 said:

Which two?

Donald and Evans.

I am similar. I added Clowney though. Those three look like the talents worth 2 first round picks and change. Particularly given the quality of the first round picks. Of the three, I'd be most hesitant on Evans. He is the one talent that I think is furthest away from our core identity. I don't expect we will ever pass more than we run.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1lmyhwh3 said:
Scottemojo":1lmyhwh3 said:
kearly":1lmyhwh3 said:
Scottemojo":1lmyhwh3 said:

Which two?

Donald and Evans.

I am similar. I added Clowney though. Those three look like the talents worth 2 first round picks and change. Particularly given the quality of the first round picks. Of the three, I'd be most hesitant on Evans. He is the one talent that I think is furthest away from our core identity. I don't expect we will ever pass more than we run.
I could have a half dozen, but my two are more on the practical side. Clowney would probably take a first next year as well, and maybe much more. Donald and Evans will probably be there at the ten spot and maybe even the 20 spot. Lots cheaper.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
IMO our offensive identity is liable to change rapidly, with MRob and Lynch on the bubble of productive years. We'll be featuring Turbin, Coleman, and (I hope) CMike as quickly as 2015. Perhaps they can be trusted to pound the rock without an abrupt fall off, but giving RW the tools he needs to succeed if they can't, with a year to shake off rookie inexperience, isn't a bad idea.

I think RW could make a lot of this years WR draft succeed in the NFL, Evans spent his college career making a QB who is compared to RW in stature and style look better than he was IMO. Couldn't hurt to look hard at him rather than a prospect who might be good in his own right but not as able to compliment RW's style.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
http://mockdraftable.com/players/2014/
This website has a "pick trade calculator" that is based on the 'old" trade chart. It's pretty easy to use once you figure it out. Fun to play with, but we all know the "old" trade chart isn't an exact science. It's often what a willing buyer will pay that counts the most in trade situations.

justafan

Reaction score
I am sure Pete would like a big WR but height is more important to the fans than it is to this FO.Seems to me he committed the team to Harvin as is NO 1.Spending what it takes to get another WR at 15 or 16 would be a waste.
Pete will always want a run dominant offense.When they first got here the first couple of drafts they were committed to beefing up the oline.I could see them going back that direction vs looking at a WR in the first round.
Considering who we play in our division I would be worried about protecting RW and opening holes for Lynch.

After thinking about it.In this draft I would rather trade up to get back into the third than move up in the first.There should be some really good WRs or OL still avaiable

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
justafan":3t7xwr65 said:
I am sure Pete would like a big WR but height is more important to the fans than it is to this FO.Seems to me he committed the team to Harvin as is NO 1.

You are confusing #1 receiver with an X receiver.

We've done nothing but add tall receivers for that position. It's a specific physical profile Pete has always wanted for that position.

justafan

Reaction score
He spent a ton on Rice but other than that he has dug through the dumpster for one while spending higher draft capitol on other positions.It would surprise me if he went for one in the first.
I just dont see the value of trading up WR since we spent so much on Harvin.

randomation

Reaction score
justafan":1ogwigxc said:
He spent a ton on Rice but other than that he has dug through the dumpster for one while spending higher draft capitol on other positions.It would surprise me if he went for one in the first.
I just dont see the value of trading up WR since we spent so much on Harvin.

For Evans there is value I wouldn't trade up for any other reciever but Evans, but Evans made manziel look a hell of a lot better then he is and I would love to see what he can do with Russ throwing to him.

justafan

Reaction score
Evans is a great player but to me it just seems like an atlanta move.Ignore glaring weakness and risking the future to get a big WR.In Atls case they are committed to the pass.We arent
We need more talent at the WR spot just not at that expense

Latest posts