What Would it Take to Beat the 49'ers?

D

DomeHawk

We are obviously in a desperate situation, how can we win this game? I think most here would agree we aren't going to win w/our usual formula of RRP. So how?

I believe we have to change EVERYTHING, if we go in with the belief that if we keep it close and win in the 4th qtr we will get hammered.

We have to come in with plays that no one has seen all season, open the playbook to the fullest, trick plays, designed QB runs, crazy stuff, etc.

At least we will be trying to win then.

Rat

Reaction score
Last time, we had a prime time game, we were much, much healthier and they were missing their best offensive player. And we STILL needed their backup kicker to miss in OT.

Seymour

Reaction score
Clowney and Diggs return and +3 turnovers may do it?

Without turnovers our defense gets shredded this season.

Could happen but I'm not worried and expecting to go far given the injuries and lack of depth.

calinator

Reaction score
Score at least 35 points. The banged up defense is going to get owned. A few lucky breaks as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1sgub6mb said:
We are obviously in a desperate situation, how can we win this game? I think most here would agree we aren't going to win w/our usual formula of RRP. So how?

I believe we have to change EVERYTHING, if we go in with the belief that if we keep it close and win in the 4th qtr we will get hammered.

We have to come in with plays that no one has seen all season, open the playbook to the fullest, trick plays, designed QB runs, crazy stuff, etc.

At least we will trying to win then.
I agree 100%, but that’s not in Pete’s DNA.
He’s a “You have to trust the system even if it’s failing” type guy.

John63

Reaction score
It would take PC running a system built for the players he has, rather than running the system he wants regardless of the players he has. It would take PC to go for the throat and keep going. In other words for Pete do what he refuses to do.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It would take a very spirited effort from all 53 guys.
It would take the coordinators to actually sit down and devise a gameplan.
It would take the 12s to scream so loud that Jimmy G can't yell loud enough.
It would take Aros running down on the field shirtless carrying a boombox blasting "Welcome to the Jungle" and sucker punching Kyle Shanahan into next week.

It would take... A Miracle in Seattle

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Letting Russ be Russ, and have him run the ball 12-15 times next week. Add Marshawn and Turbin and CJ Anderson, hand them the ball 4-5 times each.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
To beat the 49ers the fans will have to get together and take them out. I'm saying laxatives in coffee, setting back their clocks, giving them the wrong directions to the stadium. Whatever it takes. If Pete isn't gonna gameplan we might as well.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
The 12's might back to true form if #24 is back on the field.

Their energy might be enough to juice up the entire roster.

Chawker

Reaction score
Piano wire.

Ankle hight as they exit the tunnel, maybe we could pick off a few of them that way, For Starters.

justafan

Reaction score
Its not like we are playing the Russians in ice hockey.

It wouldnt even be that big of an upset. Not a prediction but strange things happen in sports.

Kryten

Reaction score
I've been deep into the analytics, and may be onto something...
I THINK if we can score more than we give up, we'll have a good shot at winning.

edogg23

Reaction score
Let Russ throw the ball all over the field. I would rather have 4 tds and 2 picks than 1 td and no picks.

xray

Reaction score
SF rests their starters .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jesus to come down and heal our entire team and then stick around to cause 3 or 4 turnovers that go our way and that probably still wouldn't be enough.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Bosa, Kittle and one or two others get the flu.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
A very poor game from Garrapolo in prime time. I don't think its out of the question either.