What would YOU work on in these last 3 games?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Some great stuff here.

1. passing game. I like how the TE's are getting more involved. If we can keep that up, it's easier 1st downs, and also frees up our WRs a little more. Also backs the Safeties off in the run game.

2. STs. All of it.

3. Procedural/dumb penalties. I know we're going to have penalties, but we need to clean up the bone headed ones and ALL of the procedural stuff. If we got back those 20 yards a game we're giving up, it's one more stop on defense, and at least one more drive sustained on offense.

Special mentions:

Hard to pick on our defense, but I'd like to see the pass rush get a little better. I still don't feel it's where it was last year. I'd like to see us work on stunts and twists in practice, just to give another look, but not use that stuff until we really need it.

RBs out of the backfield. This hasn't been an issue the last few games, but we were getting killed by it earlier in the year. I'd like to see us stay cognizant of it.

Rest Lynch. I know we need him, and I know he wants to play, but he looks a bit worn down. His back is probably hurting as well. I'd like to see some more of Michael and Turbin. Yes, I know Turbin is the Antichrist around here, but when he does come in, he's a great WR out of the backfield, he has great burst from fresh legs, and he's faster than Lynch. Imagine all the chunk plays he'd have this year if the OL would quit taking plays off, getting lazy and holding when he comes in.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I would like to see us emphasize Norwood a bit more. Guy just seems to get better every game, knows how to use his body to shield defenders, and, he catches the ball with his hands, away from his body which makes the defenders job that much harder.

Another thing we did once anyway was a 2 back set with Lynch and Turbin. Faked the zone read to ML, then threw it back to Turbo for a TD. Great misdirection involved. More of that kind of play will tend to keep Backers and Safeties honest. Stop the cheating to one side or the other.

Lockette running a deep post out of the slot would sure make life difficult on at least 1 CB and S also.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If Russ could stop floating passes high so often, good completions could be even better . It seems like even when he has a guy wide open, he throws high and the receiver has to jump for it. Hit those guys in stride, or just while they're on the ground and those plays will be bigger.

His rookie year we all seemed to think the high passes were the results of nerves /excitement, but here we are year 3 and it's still an every-game occurrence. In any case, I'm sure he's working on it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'll go the opposite just for fun and say what I want to see continue......the recent level of tackilng. It's been incredible. First guy is getting the ball carrier/receiver down limiting YAC and big runs.

As for Pe's initial question....
1. red zone, more tds obviously
2. ST, everything from getting Ryan back on track to better KO returns
3. better receiver separation consistently

Scottemojo

Reaction score
1. Eliminate pre snap crap.
2. C-mike in the backfield with Marshawn in the RZ.
3. get Baldwin on some more of those in-cuts.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":kyyc8vs5 said:

I have a feeling any new wrinkles or RO play designs are on the shelf for a rainy "must win" day. I mean, yes, they're all must win, but Pete and his staff sure do make it appear they're playing the sprint and marathon at times. I'm sure they feel good about the next three without foreshadowing clever shit up their sleeve.

Chapow

Reaction score
If Baldwin is going to continue to be our punt returner, he needs to make better decisions. It almost seemed like he wasn't aware that he's allowed to call for a fair catch. Not calling for a fair catch when he should have cost us very good field position twice and got him blasted pretty good another time.

Also, someone needs to let whoever is returning kicks know that it's OK to take a knee when you catch the ball in the back half of the endzone. It seems like all season they've been running it out from deep in the endzone and getting tackled short of the 20.

Also, apparently the team isn't classy enough and apparently being super duper classy is of the utmost importance in football so I would like to see them work on their classiness. Maybe they should all get tuxedos with top hats, canes, and gold rimmed monocles? I mean, I don't know, but how will the Seahawks ever gets fans of other teams to like them if they don't show more class?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
1. Baldwin never returns a punt ever again.
2. Mix it up on first down, would be nice to see a PA or two.
3. False starts are ridiculous.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":3jjpzg6h said:
Scottemojo":3jjpzg6h said:

I have a feeling any new wrinkles or RO play designs are on the shelf for a rainy "must win" day. I mean, yes, they're all must win, but Pete and his staff sure do make it appear they're playing the sprint and marathon at times. I'm sure they feel good about the next three without foreshadowing clever shit up their sleeve.
Yeah in support of your point, I said after that misdirection pass to Marshawn for a TD last game we wouldn't see it again until the Divisional round or NFCCG.

chris98251

Reaction score
Find a red zone target, throw some play action with Wilson under center and a roll out pocket.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was finding success last week because Philly was selling out against the run, stacking the box like there was no tomorrow and forcing Wilson to beat them. For once, our passing weapons earned some respect. They can't force the issue, but they'll show up when given some schematic breathing room.

That's likely the last time you'll see that this year. The remaining teams are division games against cornered animals who are coached and schemed specifically to beat Seattle. They know how and when to pressure Wilson without losing contain on him, and they know how (especially SF) to cover our simplistic route concepts.

Like it or not, our defense and running game will be >70% of our winning for a while longer. Fortunately, that's how Pete likes it anyway.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I wan't perfection from the secondary. Particilarly from the left side.

Tical21

Reaction score
More crossing routes. Russell had all day to throw several times on Sunday and our receivers were running fades and deep posts and weren't getting open. So Russell had just nowhere to go with it. We can still make the primary receiver a deeper route, but also why not send Richardson or Lockette on a crossing route, especially against man coverage? I'm not sure if they're smart enough to sit down if they see zone, but I'd bet Richardson would figure it out. I know we're trying to find holes in the deeper part of the secondary, but at some point you just have to admit that it isn't working.

I don't know what else I can go with. It is easy to say they need to be better in the redzone. I think a lot of that is penalties and a lot is designing plays to get your primary receiver open more quickly. For the most part though, I just want them to keep doing what they're doing. I'll reserve the right to add more to this list later if anything comes to me.

jacobsod

Reaction score
1) WIN

2) Find out WTH was going on with Jon Ryan last weekend and FIX it. Couldn't believe what was happening. Guy is usually rock solid.

3) Stopping dumb false start penalties.

4) More passing in red zone situations

Edit: for dumb misspelling :1:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
jacobsod":9g5gpwf9 said:
1) WIN

2) Find out WTH was going on with Jon Ryan last weekend and FIX it. Couldn't believe what was happening. Guy is usually rock solid.

3) Stopping dumb false start penalties.

4) More passing in red zone situations

Edit: for dumb misspelling :1:

for the 2 spot i think the wind had something to do with it, I think i heard on the radio that it was so crazy that the flags on the goal posts on both sides of the stadium where all pointing in towards mid-field, I'll bet he had it in his head and lost some focus. That's usually why something like that happens pros like him don't suddenly just have terrible motor functions for things they've done a thousand times.

Same reason Doug was off with fielding punts, the ball would change direction about 10 feet from catching it so he had to make a quick call to either try to field it hoping it didn't go off course or just move and sacrifice field position for not having a turnover.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Special Teams mainly PRs, KRs and just making sure no more botched snaps or blocked punts.

Passing game in regards to getting the ball out quicker so RW doesn't have to scramble. Not sure if its because the WRs aren't getting open, lack of protection, better reads or all of the above.

But that'd be what I'd want worked on.

Oh and for the love of God PENALTIES

Anthony!

Reaction score
pehawk":36gegue6 said:
hawkfan68":36gegue6 said:
They were a bit better last Sunday, but the redzone offense could use improvement. Cutting down on the mental errors such as false starts, defensive offsides, would be nice. Also, taking sacks to take them out of at least FG isn't very smart. Russell has to be better in throwing the ball away quickly plus the line has to block better in these situations. I know there was a couple times they took themselves out of 3 points on Sunday. Got to make good on all scoring opportunities.

Russell did not have a good day. He got bailed out by some good catches. He was "off" mentally and physically for most of that game.

Yes I know his numbers (before anyone chimes in). It's my opinion it wasn't his cleanest game. If we went by stats Andy Dalton would be a top 5 QB.

Yeah now try watching the game.