What's the least amount of money we can pay Jamal Adams?

Tokadub

Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... ams-21747/

According to this we owe him 9 million dollars in 2021?

Does anyone truly know how this works? I hear people on the forum saying he's gonna want 20 million... why does it say 9 million on this website???

Does anyone actually know how this works contractually?

In my opinion if it's over 10 million I would cut him Immediately... I don't think this team can mathematically work if we are paying a Safety that can't cover if his life depended on it so much money + Wilson so much money... I think that's a guaranteed failure season...

There is 0% chance in my mind we get past divisional round if we pay Adams more than 10 million... I say cut him...

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Honestly I'm sick of Adams. He's high stepping all over the field every time he did NOTHING...

Watch the tv replay...

THIS GUY IS CANCER and overpaid

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
We were THE WORST DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY ALL TIME BY A HUGE MARGIN FIRST HALF OF SEASON...

That wouldn't happen if he was a winner in our system... come on let's be realistic...

That's absolutely insane to think we could be worst defense in NFL history after adding him if he was worth it...

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
At the end of the season we played some of the worst offenses in the league... I don't wan't to hear that excuse why Jamal Adams eventually seemed worth... he's not.

AgentDib

Reaction score
How it works contractually is we can choose 1) to pay him only his base salary and then let him walk in free agency in 2022 as a unrestricted free agent, 2) to pay him only his base salary in 2021 and then try to re-sign him in 2022, 3) to extend him to a long-term deal starting in 2021 or 4) to release him and pay him nothing. In options 1 or 2 he can always hold out which is damaging for both parties. It's all extremely moot, as they wouldn't have traded two first round picks for a player if they weren't going to do option 3.

However, there's a big difference between a cap hit and an average salary. We will extend Jamal to a big deal this off-season with a good average salary per year. The 2021 cap hit will probably be smaller then if we didn't do an extension in the first place.

Teams always extend their "must keep" players before they get to free agency. We did it with Kam, Earl, Sherm, Bobby, Russ, Lynch, Baldwin and Lockett previously. It's a good tradeoff for both parties. The team gets roster security, a slightly cheaper overall deal, and more years to spread the bonus across and the player gets guaranteed money earlier.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Tokadub":2fkm0px7 said:
At the end of the season we played some of the worst offenses in the league... I don't wan't to hear that excuse why Jamal Adams eventually seemed worth... he's not.

It’s obvious you hate Adams, but you leave out any reason why you feel he’s not worth the 2, 1st rounders. Our defense statistically was better with him than without. Dunlap helps push it over the edge. But then again, you don’t wanna hear any arguements to as of why he’s worth the two first rounders.

League wide Injuries hurt everyone. Jamal has both his shoulders busted up and two of his fingers gone to shit. He played still. The more Pete works with him the better he’ll be.

5thgen

Reaction score
Take a loss and trade him for a first round. Cant afford him and there are more positions that we need.

getnasty

Reaction score
rcaido":3gen75sw said:
No less than 16million

16 million would make him the highest paid safety in the league so that sounds about right. When you traded for Jamal Adams you knew you were writing that check.

My guess is 2021 is the last year for Wagner and Brown and the money your spending on them will go to Adams and Metcalf.

xray

Reaction score
How will the Hawks scrounge up $16 mil for him without losing several other good players ?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":2gol44n4 said:
Tokadub":2gol44n4 said:
THIS GUY IS CANCER and overpaid

LOL, musta been some solid hooch last night.

That is what I was thinking he was all over the place last night.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lol, some of the comments on Adams being terrible in Seattle is outrageous.

Essentially before Dunlap was acquired, Adams was 80 percent of the pass rush.

Yet, some here think Seattle traded too much or he is bad teammate.

If Seattle didn’t have Adams, those games before Dunlap got here would have been unwatchable.

As much as Seattle was bad on defense this year, it was the lack of offense that ultimately let Seattle down in the final stretch games.

If you wanna be upset at someone, you should point your fingers at the offense, including the coaching staff.

The defense turned a corner and was the better of the two. I’m not saying the defense cannot stand to improve but Adams was definitely a contributing player that made a positive impact on the team more so than you want to believe.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":991or4b8 said:
No less than 16million
I say pay him the max..Why not???
You pay max for a QB with no regards to cap so lets just do it
like Dallas does..But wait!We never get the picks like they do.
That's ok our HOF QB will get it done!..He knows and does all!
So we have our highest paid on offense and next-our highest
paid on defense...I can't wait till DK gets paid too :2thumbs:
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

getnasty

Reaction score
xray":25nekcbt said:
How will the Hawks scrounge up $16 mil for him without losing several other good players ?

He won't get 16 next year but it would probably be a back loaded deal where he might get 20 in the final couple years. Something like 5 years for 80 millon with 40 millon guaranteed.