What's the one thing you want to see against Chicago?

seahawks08

Reaction score
I want a convincing win with all sides of our team clicking and executing so that we can give Bevell a break for once. The poor guy deserves some good vibes and energy to make things happen.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Offensive line completing its gelling. By that a sustained drive taking a lot of time off the clock would show that they have control. Control the clock, control the game. Go Hawks.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Lynch 150 yards and 2 TDs
Graham 150 yards and 2 TDs
a couple of huge ball separating hits from Kam
Defense to get 3 interceptions
a good confidence building game from Nowak

jblaze

Reaction score
O: More points than they score.

D: Less points given up than we score.

cHawkPhan

Reaction score
marko358":2zcskdey said:
cHawkPhan":2zcskdey said:
A decent run block (or more) from Jimmy

Why would anyone care if Jimmy could do this besides Bevell? Any other team would be salivating over the elite receiving talent they acquired. It would be like hoping that Allen Iverson would become a better rebounder for your team. To each their own.
I guarantee Marshawn does. As far as Iverson, terrble comparison. Nobody expects a point guard to be great rebounder, but a tight end's job is blocking. It is a bonus when you can get a Tight end who can catch the ball as well as Graham. Even a bench warmer knows that being versatile greatly increases your chances to be on the field for this team. If he can show that he can block, ( I've seen him totally whiff) he'll get on the field more. When you're on the field, you have a greater chance to get the ball.
We are a run first team, that means your starting tight end should be able to block...and block well. We also have a young OL, which needs help blocking at this time. He says he wants to learn to be and show he can be a better blocker. He needs to show me he's willing to contribute there, before he bitches about not getting the ball.

marko358

Reaction score
cHawkPhan":39iam972 said:
marko358":39iam972 said:
cHawkPhan":39iam972 said:

Why would anyone care if Jimmy could do this besides Bevell? Any other team would be salivating over the elite receiving talent they acquired. It would be like hoping that Allen Iverson would become a better rebounder for your team. To each their own.
I guarantee Marshawn does. As far as Iverson, terrble comparison. Nobody expects a point guard to be great rebounder, but a tight end's job is blocking. It is a bonus when you can get a Tight end who can catch the ball as well as Graham. Even a bench warmer knows that being versatile greatly increases your chances to be on the field for this team. If he can show that he can block, ( I've seen him totally whiff) he'll get on the field more. When you're on the field, you have a greater chance to get the ball.
We are a run first team, that means your starting tight end should be able to block...and block well. We also have a young OL, which needs help blocking at this time. He says he wants to learn to be and show he can be a better blocker. He needs to show me he's willing to contribute there, before he bitches about not getting the ball.

Well then I hope your take on this is different than the coaches. Why on earth you would bring in an elite receiving talent and ignore that talent is beyond me. It's not like Graham is replacing some elite blocking TE from last year.

Round peg, square hole. Maximize your strengths for crying out loud.

cHawkPhan

Reaction score
marko358":471x41yb said:
cHawkPhan":471x41yb said:
marko358":471x41yb said:
cHawkPhan":471x41yb said:

Well then I hope your take on this is different than the coaches. Why on earth you would bring in an elite receiving talent and ignore that talent is beyond me. It's not like Graham is replacing some elite blocking TE from last year.

Round peg, square hole. Maximize your strengths for crying out loud.
So you're saying we should abandoned the run first mentality that our team was built on and focus first on getting the new guy the ball? Our strength is our run game, our weakest blocker among starters along the line is the guy bitching, hell our WR's do a better job blocking. I do think we need to get him the ball more, but I also believe that we need to get the run game going in order to open up the passing game. Quit bitchin' and do your job.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
O: I'd like to see a lot of things but most of all I'd like to see some red zone effectiveness.

D: Keep the Bears in check and show that we are still a top defense.

marko358

Reaction score
cHawkPhan":1h8b8vgw said:
So you're saying we should abandoned the run first mentality

Not at all. Our awful running game is primarily due to a bottom of the barrel offensive line made up of former defensive linemen and low draft picks. Trade Jimmy for the best blocking TE in the NFL and we'd still be awful running behind these guys. Hopefully they'll come around later in the season but in the meantime how about utilizing the strengths of one of the best receiving TEs the game has ever seen? Just a thought.

CHawK247

Reaction score
If our Online isn't a strength, why not help them and #24 out by making Jimmy a threat like he was in NO?

We've gone to back to back to SBs against nothing but stacked boxes. Can you imagine what we'd do if things were reversed??

cHawkPhan

Reaction score
marko358":1x7ehs2v said:
cHawkPhan":1x7ehs2v said:
So you're saying we should abandoned the run first mentality

Not at all. Our awful running game is primarily due to a bottom of the barrel offensive line made up of former defensive linemen and low draft picks. Trade Jimmy for the best blocking TE in the NFL and we'd still be awful running behind these guys. Hopefully they'll come around later in the season but in the meantime how about utilizing the strengths of one of the best receiving TEs the game has ever seen? Just a thought.
Back to the original question, which you have not answered that I have seen:
cHawkPhan":1x7ehs2v said:
Most importantly a W
No penalties for Bennett
Continued improvement along the o-line
...and some sonic BOOMS!
I know he can catch the ball, I want more than a WR from our TE. I want a TE. The Saints let him go for a reason. Was it all salary cap? Probably not all. Maybe they decided they needed a better run game and blocking with Brees getting older. Or maybe he was bitching behind the scenes about not being on a better team or not getting the ball enough. I know we did not need him in order to win the last few years.
The question was what I'd like to see against Chicago? I don't think anything would get me pumped more than seeing Graham lay out a linebacker on a block Ala Michaels on Dee Ford this preseason. When that happens, I'll be the first to say "Welcome to the Seahawks Jimmy".
And the win streak would officially begin.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
A fast start and a string finish.

Why does it always seem like we never get both in the same game!?

xgeoff

Reaction score
I want crisp play by the offensive line. I want Marshawn Lynch to be able to get to the line of scrimmage without having to break tackles. I want Russ to have time to throw. I want to see them, as a unit, do their job well.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I want to see Graham force fed the ball over the middle until both safeties start coming up to stop him, and then send Lockett deep.

I want to see the defense not bite on a single hard count.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I want to see the hawks dominate this game. Don't do stupid stuff to leave the bears hanging around. If we don't have at least 28 points on the board by the end of the third, I'll be incredibly dissapointed

Hawaiian Hawk

Reaction score
We only get to see a few games a year and this year we decided to fly back for the first two back to back home openers. I am looking for a lot of energy and tighter D and hope to see Jimmy have a big game. Pretty sure Beast Mode will have a good day, he thrives in that atmosphere. But would be happy with two W's and zero injuries.

Latest posts