Whats this mean for Bwagz? Thee place for Wagner contract speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanomoz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1gopfexf said:
I generally feel that jumping to a conclusion over a tweet without knowing the context is in much poorer taste.

This, so much this. The way folks latch onto every morsel on twitter and assume/jump to conclusions about the context and intent makes me absolutely nuts.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Carroll said in his Post Practice press conference that "we're on it" when asked about Wagner's deal. Sounded fairly enthusiastic about it.

mikeak

Reaction score
He can easily get a deal done. Lower signing bonus more guaranteed NEXT year and overall you secure as much money as if RW hadn't signed. It is all about where the money hits and there is room for him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Fans: I hate canned responses. Why can't the players just be real for once?

* real concern expressed*

Fans: What a bad teammate! He can get lost for all I care; I root for the team not the name on the back of the jersey.

There's a contigent of people on this board who only exist to complain like a bunch of bored and unhappy housewives. Get a grip.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just want to point out that Sgt. Largent and I agree which doesn't happen very often :)

I think they get the deal done for Wagner and continue to lock up the core of this team for the next few years. How crazy is that?

Sprfunk

Reaction score
12thManMilitia":1uhmrgds said:
Tical21":1uhmrgds said:
drdevin":1uhmrgds said:
No reason to pay your MLB top money. I love WAGZ but repeating the Ruskell years with having most of your LB's earning big salaries is a recipe for disaster. Seahwaks can look at the draft next year and find a good LB and plug him into the middle of the D. This position is not as highly valued and many others. We need to spend our money more wisely IMO.
Shhhhhh, that kind of talk is not welcome here.

Ruskell made a lot of bad choices and one of his biggest "DOUGH" moments was drafting Aaron Curry. The old CBA had the advantages toward the players coming out in the draft and we paid for it dearly(Salary, Stupid use of a high draft pick which resulted in drafting Tharold Simon & JR Sweezy not bad but the options of what we could have had) This core of LB's is a lot more stable than Julian Peterson, Lofa, & Curry had ever planned out to be. Besides JS & PC aren't paying Bruce Irvin what anyone else will on the open market so we just have to worry about replacing 1 LB not KJ & BWagz and pay them. How often do we truly have 3 LB's on the field? We play a lot of Nickel nowadays.....

What is worse is that he traded Peterson away before they drafted Curry. Basically they caused a hole in the lineup so they can fill that hole with Curry, meanwhile that team was peppered with holes throughout the lineup. Stupid. Peterson was a top linebacker for a couple years after that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pete still sounds optimistic...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/627199328696713216[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/627199614538547200[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/627199399467204608[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/627199227555221504[/tweet]

dadof3

Reaction score
Maybe we can ask Russ to restructure his deal so we can get Wagner done

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3a9yynda said:

Fans: What a bad teammate! He can get lost for all I care; I root for the team not the name on the back of the jersey.

There's a contigent of people on this board who only exist to complain like a bunch of bored and unhappy housewives. Get a grip.
This made me laugh. So true...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Asked about this tweet specifically, he said it means what it says...you can't keep everyone. Says he's hopeful that they will get a deal done. He's focused on playing football. As far as contract terms, he said it's important to be recognized as one of the best at his position. Said the people who are paid to figure it out will figure that out. Said when there's something to sign he'll sign it.

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":gkwbkvf3 said:
Asked about this tweet specifically, he said it means what it says...you can't keep everyone. Says he's hopeful that they will get a deal done. He's focused on playing football. As far as contract terms, he said it's important to be recognized as one of the best at his position. Said the people who are paid to figure it out will figure that out. Said when there's something to sign he'll sign it.

Well I guess Christine is not going to make the cut this year then.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3m2ugbud said:

What's your take on fans who opt to get on their high horse instead of just not clicking on a topic for which they know the reactions of other fans won't meet their lofty expectations?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawk45":mip2oz8x said:
Sarlacc83":mip2oz8x said:

What's your take on fans who opt to get on their high horse instead of just not clicking on a topic for which they know the reactions of other fans won't meet their lofty expectations?

They should remain the candles in the dark especially when they hit a sore spot.

For all anyone knows, Wagner meant that the Seahawks are keeping their core against all odds. Or he might be commenting about bad blood with the Chancellor situation. Or he's unhappy because of the 90 guys at TC, they will have to cut nearly half - some of whom he might want around. You just don't know and this tireless speculating with intent to malign character is sad.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":sfs5geuu said:
Sarlacc83":sfs5geuu said:

This is a thread about what are we going to do with Bobby Wagner. The tweet is only a part of that thread. To tell someone not to click on the thread is unrealistic

Ozzy

Reaction score
He did come out and congratulate RW for what it's worth

Tical21

Reaction score
You typically want 2-3 million for injury replacements. I don't think there is enough room to sign Bobby without cutting somebody at some point.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Tical21":3l2jtyz1 said:
You typically want 2-3 million for injury replacements. I don't think there is enough room to sign Bobby without cutting somebody at some point.

Yeah need to save space for IR and practice squad. Perhaps instead of cutting someone they could restructure and extend Mebane for another year.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I believe Bobby's deal will get done this year.

I'm not a cap expert or anything close, but couldn't they restructure Kam and/or MikeB to get Bobby done if they needed to?Kinda like killing multiple birds with one stone.

Teams ask players to restructure all the time, many assumed they would ask Bane to restructure earlier this offseason so maybe instead they do Kam and or Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.