What's wrong with the Giants?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
NY Giants (in a nut shell)

• Their Offensive Line is terrible.
  • Their Left Tackle was out.
  • Their coaches did not scheme to help their O-line, in any way.
  • Their QB is young, and had zero help.
  • Their Head Coach quit on that young QB, and literally threw the play book at him. (Loss of composure?)
  • Their main offensive threat, RB Barkley didn't play.
This was Tee Ball, and Pete Carroll destroyed them, like Pete Carroll usually does on MNF.

Last edited:

Maulbert

Reaction score
As much as I loved the defensive performance last night, and I think we are better and improving, 11 sacks is absurd. The NFL record for sacks allowed in a season is 104 by the Eagles in 1986. That's an average of 6.5 per game. No one else has ever even been in their zip code. 11 is a seriously concerning number, no matter who does it. That's a sign of real problems with a team.

toffee

Reaction score
Well, the Giants didn't have Stone Forsyth, Curhan, Bradford. 12d ought to know that we could have suffering from similar OL melt down too, but we didn't.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Well, the Giants didn't have Stone Forsyth, Curhan, Bradford. 12d ought to know that we could have suffering from similar OL melt down too, but we didn't.
You sure about that? If so, I don't think you really took in the poor performance of our offense last night...

No "melt down", but it certainly wasn't good.

Scout

Reaction score
First of all the problem with the Giants is that they have an issue with how they are structuring their team.

They have no WR with size and when I mean size I mean a WR over 6'1 on the Giants roster which is a huge mistake when constructing a roster in the modern NFL. You need a WR with size on the boundary to compliment the smaller and quicker WR's they have and to help bail out D. Jones on scramble drills. WRs with size are great on scramble drills as they can box out defenders and make broken plays into something.

Next, speaking of size they traded for Waller and so far they have not built a game plan around him. What the hell? The one player with size and NFL experience that you traded for isn't even part of your game plan? That is incompetence.

Also, D. Jones must realize that you can not hold the ball long when your OL is struggling due to injuries.

And the Giants must scheme more 2 TE personnel groupings to take advantage of Waller's gifts but to also help the Giants OL out. We saw that from Waldron on the other side of the ball and it paid off huge in spurts when the Hawks offense was sluggish.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
"Don't sleep on the Giants, they played the niners and dallas."

LOL.

That team is garbage and is a perrenial loser.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You sure about that? If so, I don't think you really took in the poor performance of our offense last night...

No "melt down", but it certainly wasn't good.
The offensive line was almost all backups for Seattle, I believe one of the starters was playing out of position as well. With that in mind, they played good enough.

SheaD

Reaction score
The offensive line was almost all backups for Seattle, I believe one of the starters was playing out of position as well. With that in mind, they played good enough.
Exactly, there wasn't one starter playing (in their original position) for the Hawks last night.

Maulbert

Reaction score
"Don't sleep on the Giants, they played the niners and dallas."

LOL.

That team is garbage and is a perrenial loser.
Perennial loser with 4 Super Bowl victories who's never lost an NFC Championship Game. What a crap take. Sure, they're bad now, but they are not the Browns or Lions.

bileever

Reaction score
That's all I'm hearing from the national sports media regarding last night's game. Interesting.
Yes, what I heard was that the game was all about the Giants losing it, not the Seahawks winning it. But it wasn't exactly 70-20. The Giants had some good drives, one that stalled when they couldn't make 4th and 1 and one where Jones threw the interception to Witherspoon. On that first drive, they probably should have kicked the field goal, considering how hard it's been for them to put points on the board in the first quarter. On that second one, if they score, the game could have been 14-10 or 14-11.

Once we had the 21-3 lead, it was all over because their injury-riddled O-line couldn't stop the pass rush once everyone knew that they had to pass. Football is a situational game. The tide turns on the smallest of factors.

Their defense played pretty well. We had 281 total yards to their 248. Wink Martindale is a decent defensive coordinator.

Brian Daboll was coach of the year last year. He didn't become an idiot over night. Daniel Jones is a good QB. I don't think the Giants will go 1-16.

toffee

Reaction score
If only the Giants could have an OL with Stone - Brown -Olu - Bradford - Curhan. Had they have this OL, Daniel Jones wouldn't have suffered 11 sacks. That's 6th rounder - UDFA - rookie 5th rounder - rookie 4th rounder - UDFA, Giants needed this OL.

Last edited:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I can't believe they paid that clown QB so much money. LOL. What does he do good other than being 6'5". Name me 1 thing other than that?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Perennial loser with 4 Super Bowl victories who's never lost an NFC Championship Game. What a crap take. Sure, they're bad now, but they are not the Browns or Lions.
They've been to the playoffs twice in the last decade, call me when they're relevant (hint, they never will be...because they're losers).

Sorry, not sure how to embed just the image.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
Yes, what I heard was that the game was all about the Giants losing it, not the Seahawks winning it.
Yeah. I was doing my morning exercises before work the morning after the game and watching ESPN. So effing NY-centric. All they talked about was how bad the Giants were, especially in that game. Nary a positive mention about how bad the Hawks made them look, or how well they played in stretches during that game, or how the Hawks may be a better team than people were giving them credit for.

I shouldn't let such things annoy me. LOL

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Yeah. I was doing my morning exercises before work the morning after the game and watching ESPN. So effing NY-centric. All they talked about was how bad the Giants were, especially in that game. Nary a positive mention about how bad the Hawks made them look, or how well they played in stretches during that game, or how the Hawks may be a better team than people were giving them credit for.

I shouldn't let such things annoy me. LOL
Pisses me off too, NYC douchebags, same as it ever was.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The worst is that they might beat my Bears for the #2 draft pick!

Latest posts