Where does the Alex Smith trade leave us with Flynn?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3l0omgqg said:
The facts don't bear out Kaepernick progressing through reads. With bigger names across the board at WR and TE then Russell Wilson had to work with, Kaepernick, in his 10 starts, still targeted Crabtree 55 MORE times then any other QB/WR tandem in the league. Five targets per game above such threats as Megatron, Welker, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, etc. lol.

He threw into Crabtree's double coverage 3 times in their Superbowl goal line failure and paid the price, ignoring a wide open Moss once, and changing a run play just to throw Crabs into helmet to helmet and holding no calls.

You can't 1 read much better then Kaepernick displayed in all of his starts.

I pointed out that exact fact in my Week 16 Preview of the 49ers as well. Here is that section from back on Week 16 (complete with distribution chart) ...

Here are the distribution of passes since Colin Kaepernick took over as the starting QB ...

ReceiverCatchesYardsTD's% of Passing Off
WR Michael Crabtree34428433.0%
TE Vernon Davis14142113.59%
WR Mario Manningham13171012.62%
WR Randy Moss1012719.70%
RB Frank Gore99218.73%
TE Delanie Walker814617.76%
FB Bruce Miller75506.79%
WR Kyle Williams48403.88%
RB LaMichael James11500.97%
WR Ted Ginn, Jr.1100.97%
[tdo=5]Distribution of Passes (Weeks 10-15)[/tdo]

The offensive numbers since Kaepernick took over are very revealing. Crabtree has been a whopping 1/3 of the 49ers passing offense – even more of a go to option than when Alex Smith was this team’s starting QB.

Source:
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59979

And that certainly came back to bite them in the Super Bowl.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Disp":2warivck said:
Lady Talon":2warivck said:
Actually that +55 targets part is a bit out there. I'll have to find that page again, see where I went wrong. That stat is likely wrong, but I'm not incapable of admitting and then correcting myself showing my ass based on a stat error, thanks.

94 targets to Crabtree and the next being 39 each to Davis and Moss. Half of Davis' coming in the Championship because the Falcons are terrible against TE's and the SB, he all but disappeared in the other 8 starts. Textbook 1 read. Even in post games, Kap reflected he should have thrown into Crabs double coverage instead of Davis or Moss in key situations cause they didn't come down with the ball, probably shocked they were thrown to. lol.

Crabtree falls on his route, Davis drops a poor pass. Kaepernick postgame: Wishes Crabtree wouldn't have fallen so I wouldn't have had to throw a bad pass to Davis. Come on.

It's well documented from both Kaepernick and Davis that their timing and chemistry was off and then started clicking in the postseason. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't unexpected with a brand new qb, offensive philosophy, and playcalling inserted midway through the season. Look at Gore; his production fell off a cliff once Kapernick came in because he couldn't grasp the pistol offense and read option until the postseason. The #3 receiver behind Grandpa Moss was Ted Ginn, who is so bad he barely even qualifies as a WR, and Delanie Walker dropped 35% of the passes thrown to him last season, by far the highest rate of any WR/TR in the league. What you're doing is creating hyperbole based on an inexperienced qb forcing a couple throws to his most trusted and reliable receiver in the most pressure filled drive of the year with 110 million eyes watching.

Lady Talon":2warivck said:
Just as a comparison, Wilson's top 3 receivers were within 12 receptions of each other. Griffins top 4 receivers were all within 10 receptions. Newton's top 2 were within 4 catches. Kaepernick rode the bench for a year and a half studying NFL defenses and logging backup reps before Smith went down. He spent the time making sure that when he got his chance to start he looked more like a college passer then 2 rookies (one that had to win his spot over a veteran and had his offensive playbook limited) and Newton?

Look, that statement means absolutely nothing. I just posted a stat sheet showing every single good qb in the league other than RG3, Rodgers, and Wilson targeting their favorite receiver just as often. Brady targeted Welker 44 more times than Lloyd, who was targeted 46 more times than Hernandez. Are you calling Brady a 1 read qb, or is he just throwing it to the guy he trusts more often?

You're picking at bones, and your supporting evidence is ridiculous. I won't comment further though because it wasn't my goal to stir stuff up with you guys.

Oh throw a barb then run, fine.

1. It was well documented in the Seahawks rally from 20 points in the hole, that Atlanta's defense struggled with TEs. That Davis just happened to break 8 games of silence to help lead the 9ers from a 17 point deficit against the same team that gets thrashed by TE's and showed it just one week prior is one hell of a coincidence. How fortunate that Davis was able to resolve the timing differences and chemistry problems at the exact most opportune time.

Lynch didn't have much of a problem adjusting to the pistol when it was thrown into the Chicago game, neither the 9ers or the Hawks even run the pistol full time. Wilson battled both Rice and Baldwin "not being on the same page" as him through some of his most miserable games, with Tate the only constant with him in preseason. Didn't see him targeting Tate about as many times as the next three receivers, combined. Our best TE was forced to spend the majority of the season helping our right tackle in pass protection instead of giving RW a reliable checkdown, ask around whether we'd prefer D. Walker and his drops over both McCoy and Morrah and theirs, I'm sure the poll would shock you.

On one hand he's the most efficient passer the leagues ever seen and throws the most beautiful spiral in the world. On the next he had all these dip wads around him purposely making him look mediocre while they're all seeking their first NFL Championship ring with no guarantee at another shot lol. As if Wilson and the others were fielding a dream team of receiving options. Nope, Griffin and RW made them all look better then they were, carried them in spite of their handicaps.

2. Wow Lloyd was actually that close to Welker? Surprising. Lloyd and Welker actually started most of their games, Hernandez missed a handful of games as did Gronk. Would you like to compare the Pasties offensive schemes to SF's and find out why it matters a lot less, is SF a 5000 yard a year passing team? Apples to oranges, you compare similar offenses and similar QBs. How about Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler? Where has Jay Cutler ever taken any team? That's why, he can't connect with anyone else. The Bears had to go trade specifically for Marshall to appease him, and couldn't field an NFL OL. Stafford to Megatron? Kept out of the end zone for a large chunk of the season, not helped by Burleson and Young going IR. Manning, he's always just done what he wanted and few can stop him until the postseason. There isn't a major receiver on his team that didn't lead the team in receptions in at least one game.

Comment further or not, few care anyways, all we've heard for a months leading up to the SB and now the month after is how Kap's the QB of the future press hype ad nauseum thanks to a superbowl loss that was half Alex Smith's that's all we'll hear about until the next superbowl is over as well. Thanks but we'll keep RW.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Lady Talon":ia5dc4n1 said:
Disp":ia5dc4n1 said:
Actually that +55 targets part is a bit out there. I'll have to find that page again, see where I went wrong. That stat is likely wrong, but I'm not incapable of admitting and then correcting myself showing my ass based on a stat error, thanks.

94 targets to Crabtree and the next being 39 each to Davis and Moss. Half of Davis' coming in the Championship because the Falcons are terrible against TE's and the SB, he all but disappeared in the other 8 starts. Textbook 1 read. Even in post games, Kap reflected he should have thrown into Crabs double coverage instead of Davis or Moss in key situations cause they didn't come down with the ball, probably shocked they were thrown to. lol.

Crabtree falls on his route, Davis drops a poor pass. Kaepernick postgame: Wishes Crabtree wouldn't have fallen so I wouldn't have had to throw a bad pass to Davis. Come on.

It's well documented from both Kaepernick and Davis that their timing and chemistry was off and then started clicking in the postseason. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't unexpected with a brand new qb, offensive philosophy, and playcalling inserted midway through the season. Look at Gore; his production fell off a cliff once Kapernick came in because he couldn't grasp the pistol offense and read option until the postseason. The #3 receiver behind Grandpa Moss was Ted Ginn, who is so bad he barely even qualifies as a WR, and Delanie Walker dropped 35% of the passes thrown to him last season, by far the highest rate of any WR/TR in the league. What you're doing is creating hyperbole based on an inexperienced qb forcing a couple throws to his most trusted and reliable receiver in the most pressure filled drive of the year with 110 million eyes watching.

Just as a comparison, Wilson's top 3 receivers were within 12 receptions of each other. Griffins top 4 receivers were all within 10 receptions. Newton's top 2 were within 4 catches. Kaepernick rode the bench for a year and a half studying NFL defenses and logging backup reps before Smith went down. He spent the time making sure that when he got his chance to start he looked more like a college passer then 2 rookies (one that had to win his spot over a veteran and had his offensive playbook limited) and Newton?

Look, that statement means absolutely nothing. I just posted a stat sheet showing every single good qb in the league other than RG3, Rodgers, and Wilson targeting their favorite receiver just as often. Brady targeted Welker 44 more times than Lloyd, who was targeted 46 more times than Hernandez. Are you calling Brady a 1 read qb, or is he just throwing it to the guy he trusts more often?

You're picking at bones, and your supporting evidence is ridiculous. I won't comment further though because it wasn't my goal to stir stuff up with you guys.

1. It was well documented in the Seahawks rally from 20 points in the hole, that Atlanta's defense struggled with TEs. That Davis just happened to break 8 games of silence to help lead the 9ers from a 17 point deficit against the same team that gets thrashed by TE's and showed it just one week prior is one hell of a coincidence. How fortunate that Davis was able to resolve the timing differences and chemistry problems at the exact most opportune time.

Lynch didn't have much of a problem adjusting to the pistol when it was thrown into the Chicago game, neither the 9ers or the Hawks even run the pistol full time. Wilson battled both Rice and Baldwin "not being on the same page" as him through some of his most miserable games, with Tate the only constant with him in preseason. Didn't see him targeting Tate about as many times as the next three receivers, combined. Our best TE was forced to spend the majority of the season helping our right tackle in pass protection instead of giving RW a reliable checkdown, ask around whether we'd prefer D. Walker and his drops over both McCoy and Morrah and theirs, I'm sure the poll would shock you.

On one hand he's the most efficient passer the leagues ever seen and throws the most beautiful spiral in the world. On the next he had all these dip wads around him purposely making him look mediocre while they're all seeking their first NFL Championship ring with no guarantee at another shot lol. As if Wilson and the others were fielding a dream team of receiving options. Nope, Griffin and RW made them all look better then they were, carried them in spite of their handicaps.

2. Wow Lloyd was actually that close to Welker? Surprising. Lloyd and Welker actually started most of their games, Hernandez missed a handful of games as did Gronk. Would you like to compare the Pasties offensive schemes to SF's and find out why it matters a lot less, is SF a 5000 yard a year passing team? Apples to oranges, you compare similar offenses and similar QBs. How about Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler? Where has Jay Cutler ever taken any team? That's why, he can't connect with anyone else. The Bears had to go trade specifically for Marshall to appease him, and couldn't field an NFL OL. Stafford to Megatron? Kept out of the end zone for a large chunk of the season, not helped by Burleson and Young going IR. Manning, he's always just done what he wanted and few can stop him until the postseason. There isn't a major receiver on his team that didn't lead the team in receptions in at least one game.

Comment further or not, few care anyways, all we've heard for a months leading up to the SB and now the month after is how Kap's the QB of the future press hype ad nauseum thanks to a superbowl loss that was half Alex Smith's that's all we'll hear about until the next superbowl is over as well. Thanks but we'll keep RW.
Tumblr m7s6g7y34w1qiq5w9

HUGGY

Reaction score
Lady Talon":x47e1hcv said:
Disp":x47e1hcv said:

^"throws the most beautiful spiral in the world"

IMO certainly the most "catchable spiral" in the world.

Brady in his prime used to have that honor... Now it has been "passed" on to Russell Wilson.