Where have we taken a step back from last year?

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":37uabfgr said:
Lets look at the opinions of the Seahawks before we made our run.

LCB and RCB, a WR conversion project and a retread from the Canadian football league.

Safety a big guy that should play linebacker in the NFL will be difficult to find a position for him, slower then most and has issues in recognition, a Smallish but very fast guy that may not hold up in the league.

Our D line a DT moved to DE, a retread from Philly, interior wise Mebane who is smallish and can get over run and a rotation of non descript guys in the other spots.

At Line backer a 5th rounder and a guy inside that is to light to hold up and may have issues getting separation, a fast guy that is better edge rushing on the other side that has recognition issues.

On Offense Okung is oft injured and can't hold up, a patch work of other guys that seems to rotate players in and out week to week. A problem child from Buffalo at running back that undisciplined and lost his starting job, a bunch of non descript WR's that may not even make another team and a QB that is too short to succeed in the NFL.

Given those descriptions and what I see here today as far as what people are thinking I think we are in a lot better shape.

After all that team that had all those issues was molded into a pretty good team.

This!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hate our WR situation. Lockett was a stud obviously but I don't trust the Doug situation and even if he is healthy we need to start thinking post Doug and get WIlson some weapons. Its crazy to spend the money they're going to spend on him and then not put him in the best possible situation to succeed. I think they do draft one early this year

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug will be fine, it's not like he has to be at OTA's catching balls or in Summer camp learning plays and routes much, he can rehab and condition and then have fresh legs come mid pre season or so.

It's not like they had to reattach his head or something. Lynch and some other guys have had this done and came back fine. Just have to make sure he is really healed and his core his in decent shape again.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":3qizmpsv said:
Doug will be fine, it's not like he has to be at OTA's catching balls or in Summer camp learning plays and routes much, he can rehab and condition and then have fresh legs come mid pre season or so.

It's not like they had to reattach his head or something. Lynch and some other guys have had this done and came back fine. Just have to make sure he is really healed and his core his in decent shape again.

except this is surgery #3 so it is not the same. the fact is we dont know and if you dont know you took a step back until you prove otherwise.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1r2u9g6m said:
chris98251":1r2u9g6m said:

except this is surgery #3 so it is not the same. the fact is we dont know and if you dont know you took a step back until you prove otherwise.

It isn't the third sports hernia surgery, and if you don't know then nothing has changed, if there was serious concerns about him playing don't you think we would be doing meet and greet with WR's like we have with any other position in the past?

We brought in DT's, we brought in LB's for those areas of concerns, I have yet to see WR's trooped in.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":lll2kr3t said:
John63":lll2kr3t said:
chris98251":lll2kr3t said:

It isn't the third sports hernia surgery, and if you don't know then nothing has changed, if there was serious concerns about him playing don't you think we would be doing meet and greet with WR's like we have with any other position in the past?

We brought in DT's, we brought in LB's for those areas of concerns, I have yet to see WR's trooped in.

Look they were just talking about it on KJR it is his 3rd surgery and there is a chance he will need more, and not even be ready for the season there for until we know we took a step back as our next wr is Moore who disappeared the 2nd half. FYI just because we have not brought in Wr yet does not mean they are not concerned. Oh and FYI I believe we did grin in a WR unless Jordy Nelson changed positions.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":oyznvmue said:
chris98251":oyznvmue said:
John63":oyznvmue said:
chris98251":oyznvmue said:

Look they were just talking about it on KJR it is his 3rd surgery and there is a chance he will need more, and not even be ready for the season there for until we know we took a step back as our next wr is Moore who disappeared the 2nd half. FYI just because we have not brought in Wr yet does not mean they are not concerned. Oh and FYI I believe we did grin in a WR unless Jordy Nelson changed positions.

Oh oh KJR talked about it so lets go all in on we are going to suck and Baldwin is done, they are going to 6 million dollar man him.

Jesus some people need to understand that KJR speculates for puts out information for listeners to flock to their dial number.

I suppose because Bush when he was running was on ABC and said that we were going to have a event in the Midwest like 911 if they didn't vote for him that it was true also.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Was Doug fine last year? It was the same argument being used then and we know how last year went. Even if he is fine this year I think we need to develop the next high end target for Wilson and Doug can bridge that gap.

John63

Reaction score
austinslater25":1rcho302 said:
Was Doug fine last year? It was the same argument being used then and we know how last year went. Even if he is fine this year I think we need to develop the next high end target for Wilson and Doug can bridge that gap.

I agree!! Just hope they get someone with some size like 6-3 or more

jlwaters1

Reaction score
John63":2215iym6 said:
Until we have more info we stepped back:

nickel
oline
wr
RB????

I think it's silly to say that OLine is a step back. We lost Sweezy that's it.. Then you have to factor that this will be year 2 under Solari so you would expect the other 4 starters will be better as they have a year of experience in this new system.

RB's is another one I would disagree a bit,, this will be again 2nd year as a full-time starter for Carson and a year removed from his injury, there's a chance he's even better, as is Penny who learned alot last year.

They say in the NFL the biggest jump in ability and production in from year 1 to year 2. If that's the case there's alot to be excited for with the RB's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Listening to Dave Wyman talk about Iupati, and breaking down the running game with him in it, he could very well be an upgrade over Sweezy. He has been a part of a lot of top rushing 5 offenses, rushing wise, and has been to the Pro Bowl numerous times.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1j6v3pba said:
John63":1j6v3pba said:
Until we have more info we stepped back:

nickel
oline
wr
RB????

I think it's silly to say that OLine is a step back. We lost Sweezy that's it.. Then you have to factor that this will be year 2 under Solari so you would expect the other 4 starters will be better as they have a year of experience in this new system.

RB's is another one I would disagree a bit,, this will be again 2nd year as a full-time starter for Carson and a year removed from his injury, there's a chance he's even better, as is Penny who learned alot last year.

They say in the NFL the biggest jump in ability and production in from year 1 to year 2. If that's the case there's alot to be excited for with the RB's.

I think that we have regressed on the o-line as we replaced an aging LG with some injury issues with an older (Sweezy will be 30 at the start of the season and Iupati will be 32) player with more injury issues (Sweezy ended one of the last two seasons on the IR while Iupati ended the last two seasons on the IR). It seems pretty easy to determine that the older player who has had more injuries over the last two years is more likely to get injured than the other player. Couple this with the fact that our best backup for the guard spot (Jordan Simmons) is the C.J Procise of offensive lineman. I am very concerned about Iupati's ability to make it through a substantial part of a season, don't have any faith in Simmons to last more than a game or two, and am pretty convinced that Fluker will miss at least a couple games this year. I think that we could be looking at Jordan Roos and Germain Ifedi playing substantial amounts of time at our guard spots and that is scary.

quadsas

Reaction score
Unlike last year, I feel like we can't and haven't regressed at all really. Losing Coleman stings, but that's about it AND we still have 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the draft. This is more of 2011 offseason than 2017, just adding to the core

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Not improving when other teams in the division are getting better IS taking a step back. We did not I prove much if at all so far. But hey, we are getting some juicy compensatory picks in exchange for NOT getting better. :roll:

niveky

Reaction score
heck, with these new rumors circulating, outside chance of it being qb? lol

John63

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3w2uf04y said:
A better question may be...where have we taken a step forward?

Kicker, arguably. Other than that? I don't know.

I agree not sure we have taken a step forward anyplace adn still think we may have taken a step back in WR, given Baldwins injury situation and surgeries