Where is our "attitude" going to come from now?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
volsunghawk":32o5jsni said:
When's the last time Marshawn shouted at another teammate for going soft on the competition, berating them & accusing them of being star-struck?

That's what I thought. Sorry, but Marshawn can't hold Browner's jock strap when it comes to instilling badassery into other Seahawks.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qqnp162 said:
volsunghawk":1qqnp162 said:
When's the last time Marshawn shouted at another teammate for going soft on the competition, berating them & accusing them of being star-struck?

That's what I thought. Sorry, but Marshawn can't hold Browner's jock strap when it comes to instilling badassery into other Seahawks.
Oh, I see. You think badassery comes from the mouth. You are mistaken.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
All things being equal I think that in the long-term that less "personalities" is probably a good thing for the Hawks.

PC is the proverbial player's coach, and when things are going well those guys are the envy of the league, but when they go south they can go south very, very quickly, particularly if you've got a lot of guys who march to beat of their own drum (and the Hawks still have an above average number of these guys IMO, although it's hard to tell how much some of them are just taking the rope PC extends versus not being able to do it any other way).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
volsunghawk":dhjt5jw9 said:
Uh, no. Badassery largely comes from actions. Instilling badassery in others is an entirely different story. Marshawn is quiet and avoids the spotlight, what in the world makes you think he has been a big presence in getting a bunch of other Seahawks to be badasses, though? Compare that to Browner degrading and shouting at Sherman the first time he went up against Fitzgerald.

Sorry, but like I said, Marshawn can't hold Browner's jock strap in terms of badass motivation in others.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18febzhd said:
volsunghawk":18febzhd said:
Uh, no. Badassery largely comes from actions. Instilling badassery in others is an entirely different story. Marshawn is quiet and avoids the spotlight, what in the world makes you think he has been a big presence in getting a bunch of other Seahawks to be badasses, though? Compare that to Browner degrading and shouting at Sherman the first time he went up against Fitzgerald.

Sorry, but like I said, Marshawn can't hold Browner's jock strap in terms of badass motivation in others.
You can keep repeating it all you like. Doesn't make it remotely true.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Number of all time Browner highlights: 0

Marshawn: Minimum 4. Probably more.

But I'm sure Marshawn doesn't inspire his teammates. Not with comments like "We takin' this to the Super Bowl."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2bcy9b1g said:
You can keep repeating it all you like. Doesn't make it remotely true.
:roll: What's your point, that Marshawn's "badassery by example" is what's most responsible for our physical badassery as a team?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":34e5wx06 said:
Number of all time Browner highlights: 0

Marshawn: Minimum 4. Probably more.

But I'm sure Marshawn doesn't inspire his teammates. Not with comments like "We takin' this to the Super Bowl."
You and Volsung seem to be under the mistaken impression that being something and instilling it in others are the same thing.

Plus, Browner's "three special teams tackles in two seconds" clip and his pick six @ the Giants from a couple years ago are worthy nominees. Come on.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
"Attitude" or "Swag" is severely overrated. While entertaining, it can hurt the team penalty/distraction wise. Regardless of overt "attitude", we still have plenty of inert "attitude". I'm more concerned with the lost production and who will replace that. Tate's ability to keep a play going and return punts and Red's ability to envelop two linemen are what I'm hoping we can replace.

rigelian

Reaction score
Popeyejones":273u6azo said:
All things being equal I think that in the long-term that less "personalities" is probably a good thing for the Hawks.

PC is the proverbial player's coach, and when things are going well those guys are the envy of the league, but when they go south they can go south very, very quickly,

I haven't seen that quality on this team even when things go bad. The eternally positive Pete seems to correct problems just fine.

NYCoug

Reaction score
checkdanews":2ecauwrt said:
Lmao basically every other player on the team? I mean who DOESN'T Have attitude on this team? Beyond hausch

Woah, woah, woah... Hausch has some 'tude. It takes some serious balls to do what he did in the NFC Championship Game. To go out for that field goal and just stand there, and do nothing, as the play cock raced towards zero... Swag. Didn't even call the timeout! He made Pete do it. Then to tell your coach, "I couldn't make that kick, coach." Super swag.

Don't sleep on Hauschka. He's got attitude. Remember when he tried laying out that one dude in the Tennessee (I think) game? That gave us all the gift that was Chris Maragos as a holder on extra points. That Garo Yepremian play from the Dolphins/Skins Super Bowl back in the day is probably my favorite play in NFL history. For us to be able to witness almost a recreation of that play, at the CLink, I'm thankful for that. And it's all cause Hausch tried to lay out that one dude.

Damn... all this Hauschka talk is going to make it a real bummer when he signs elsewhere in the next few days.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
oasis":2a6lhorq said:
Browner, Tate, Giacommini, and Big Red. Basically, I guess my point is this. This year, we have lost 4 of our 5 top swaggerists.

and not Chancellor? Thomas?

Come on...w hile those guys are nice players. the Super Bowl alone was dominated by Chancellor and Thomas, Avril and Bennet, Wilson and Harvin.

come on... I will miss Tate. but this isnt a big deal.

Throwdown

Reaction score
[youtube]nH-dTHpRP5Q[/youtube]
[youtube]hGEDYG0sWeI[/youtube]

Lynch doesn't bring badassery and attitude though

Nope, none at all.

Neither does Thomas, or Kam, or Sherm,

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Beastquake's junk grab was enough badass for a decade.

He can refer to himself in the third person, and still be respected league wide. Badass.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":32xz6l5p said:
Let me toss something at you. You can throw it away if you want.

But I'd just like to say: Pete Carroll.

I know..that's way outside the box.

With a side of Tom Cable and a bowl of Ken Norton for dipping.

8989%20-%20Jr.%20Ken%20Norton%20hat%20wrestlemania%20wwf.png

Our LB coach was in Wrestlemania. It doesn't get any more attitude than that!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":3739tt7p said:

Nope, none at all.

Of course he does. It amazes me (actually, never mind, I need to keep in mind who I'm responding to) that you don't understand the distinction between being a badass and turning other people into badasses.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dj1of4b said:
Throwdown":2dj1of4b said:

Nope, none at all.

Of course he does. It amazes me (actually, never mind, I need to keep in mind who I'm responding to) that you don't understand the distinction between being a badass and turning other people into badasses.

I think he was being sarcastic

Sensitive bunch on here these days.

FA is .nets time of the month

Latest posts