Where should Jim Harbaugh coach next?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think that if he doesn't go to Michigan I could definitely see him going to Chicago or maybe the Giants. Though I think it would be awesome if he went to the Jets.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
ivotuk":3dedxlge said:
I'm thinking Chicago. He has a history there, they desperately need a new head coach, the Bears have a much better QB situation than SF, they also have 2 big wide receivers, and a running back that isn't 31 years old.

I think he would turn that division on his head, and possibly make Golden Tate cry. "I can't get away from this guy!" :sarcasm_off:
I remember when Harbaugh played for Ditka in Chi--talk about sideline ass-reamings. That's how he learned his style.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
ivotuk":36ggj8ok said:
Coaches likely to be fired this year:

Trestman - Chicago

Rex Ryan - Jets

Bradley - Jaguars

Whisenhunt - Titans

Sporano - Raiders

Coughlin - Giants

Gruden - Redskins (rather than give up on RG3 Napolean will fire Gruden)

Mike Smith - Falcons (if he beats Cardinals, Paul Allen will buy the Falcons under a fake name and extend Smith:p )

Riverboat Ron - Panthers (I believe he will be retained)

Chicago still gets my vote because of his history there.

The Jets have a lot of talent on defense but I don't think Harbaugh would choose New York.

Jaguars have zero talent so he will pass there.

Titans " " " " " " " "

Raiders are close to home but outside of Mack and Carr they have no talent.

Giants have some talent and are an NFC team....a remote possibility.

He would never work for Napolean..

He might consider the Falcons with Matty Ice and 2 big receivers.

He probably wants nothing to do with a big armed, cry baby, running QB.

I think Bradley will be given another season that was a total rebuild project, Jags are 1-10 but they've shown signs of improvement. They have a competent defense, just need more seasoning on offense, every single starter is either a 1st or 2nd year player, their record is entirely a reflection of inexperience not coaching.

Ken Whisenhunt won't be fired after one year, another team that just needs to grow.

Jets have some of the personnel Harbaugh likes in place. They have a solid D and a solid running game a good start for Harbaugh to work from.

Oakland is a total dumpster fire, he stepped into a talented roster in San Fran and turned it around, Raiders is just awful.

And Chicago has no defense and a QB whose had question marks since he arrived.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think he goes UM and please NO Bears..I don't want to have to see him on tv all the time around here..

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I really hope he stays in Santa Clara, but if he doesn't, he might have a good resume for NYC's Julliard School of Dance.

19ccg0ylg7f4bgif

In all honesty, though, I don't see him going anywhere this year. The 49ers really don't have that bad of a record at all; no reason to fire him, especially considering the record he's already posted there. Of course, dysfunction being what it is...

pmedic920

Reaction score
Any of these would be OK, IMO
5612f7a8fe4f3b78a2020ea621e977be.jpg

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2q881pzm said:
In all honesty, though, I don't see him going anywhere this year. The 49ers really don't have that bad of a record at all; no reason to fire him, especially considering the record he's already posted there. Of course, dysfunction being what it is...
Disagree. I think he's gone already though I also think it's a bad move and he's being used as a fall guy. Of course his abrasive personality doesn't help either. He and Baalke are at odds and I believe he'll be the odd man out, as do most people.

If I were him I'd be all over Carolina if it was available. Cam's got a lot more potential to actually be consistently good than Kraep has ever had or ever will have. Good defense in place, etc. Find a RB that can stay healthy and you're off and running............for a few years til you wear out your welcome. :D

If he wants better job stability though, Michigan is the right job. Get them back to the top of the Big 10 and he'll have 10+ years for sure.

pehawk

Reaction score
Watcht what happens in Miami. If they miss out on the playoffs, they'll fire Mr Mackey and hire Harbs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":3mq4tk18 said:
Watcht what happens in Miami. If they miss out on the playoffs, they'll fire Mr Mackey and hire Harbs.
This could happen for sure and I'm guessing his Mrs. would sign off on the area. Didn't he almost take the job like days before he took the Frisco job?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Any credible source for this stuff? Only place ive seen it is facebook

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":7593oi09 said:
pehawk":7593oi09 said:
This could happen for sure and I'm guessing his Mrs. would sign off on the area. Didn't he almost take the job like days before he took the Frisco job?

Yup, Ross has always seemed to covet Harbs.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Cutler is money, Harbaugh could really help his career. Cutler needs to be coached and he's not getting the coaching he needs.

drdiags

Reaction score
Though Oakland seems like an easy choice, the fact that there is an unresolved issue with the stadium, his wife's choice to stay in the Bay area wouldn't be satisfied. Michigan could sure use him but I don't think that happens either.

Until the 9ers are officially out of the play-offs and depending on how they exit, my money is on him returning to the 9ers.

But since that isn't what this thread is about, I will say NY Giants or Jets would be perfect for the NFL. Miami Dolphins, but I think Philbin's job is going to be safe.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3rgmapgq said:
Seahawk Sailor":3rgmapgq said:
Disagree. I think he's gone already though I also think it's a bad move and he's being used as a fall guy. Of course his abrasive personality doesn't help either. He and Baalke are at odds and I believe he'll be the odd man out, as do most people.

If I were him I'd be all over Carolina if it was available. Cam's got a lot more potential to actually be consistently good than Kraep has ever had or ever will have. Good defense in place, etc. Find a RB that can stay healthy and you're off and running............for a few years til you wear out your welcome. :D

If he wants better job stability though, Michigan is the right job. Get them back to the top of the Big 10 and he'll have 10+ years for sure.

Every word, bro.

I don't hate Harbaugh. The guy is more quirky than harmful. Many of th great ones had issues with their owners. The owners were willing to tolerate such coaches because the coach brought them winners. Harbaugh is no different.

I'd like to see Harbaugh coach Big Blue. It's a program I've admired my entire life and more deserving than what they've been handed as of late. Very similar to our own Dawgs. I am all about tradition when it comes to NCAAF and I hate seeing former powerhouses diminished to 500 teams. Whether I like the team or hate the team. I would love to see Harbaugh and Meyer going at it. It would just take the existing hate to another level and I think even OSU would enjoy the hire, embracing the additional hostility.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
How on earth does anyone know what his wife wants?

She married a guy who has a career with absolutely no long-term job stability.

Harbaugh will absolutely leave the Bay Area if he likes New York or Miami or Chicago over the pathetic Raiders.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3edmjcbv said:
hieroglyphics":3edmjcbv said:
How on earth does anyone know what his wife wants?...........
It has been widely reported that she prefers to stay in the Bay Area.

Ah right, I forgot the media is highly involved in the personal life decisions of the Harbaugh family.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2fgb3z87 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2fgb3z87 said:
hieroglyphics":2fgb3z87 said:
How on earth does anyone know what his wife wants?...........
It has been widely reported that she prefers to stay in the Bay Area.

Ah right, I forgot the media is highly involved in the personal life decisions of the Harbaugh family.
I get your skepticism and you may well be right. Most of us on this thread are indeed assuming it's true.

Latest posts