Whew!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Mad Dog":vqm3vstn said:
Earl fractured his leg again.

Dissly tore a patellar tendon.

Likely both are season endin IR.

Arizona is a house of horrors for us these days.

Do you have a link to your source on “yore a patellar tendon”?

I’m under the impression that we don’t know that yet.

uncle fester

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ybgo5g4 said:
Mad Dog":1ybgo5g4 said:

As per Pete in the presser, sadly.

pmedic920

Reaction score
uncle fester":2hd1z246 said:
pmedic920":2hd1z246 said:
Mad Dog":2hd1z246 said:

As per Pete in the presser, sadly.

Did he say patella injury?

Or did he say the ligament/tendon is torn?

Link please.

Edit:

There’s a huge possible difference in the two in terms of healing and recovery.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2h2ne4yl said:
sutz":2h2ne4yl said:
So, the whole off-season we were complaining that we can't run the ball.

Now that we have consecutive games with 100 yard rushers, Wilson sucks?

:34853_doh:

I was happy with our run game, pissed off at our lack of passing game and 3rd down conversions and play calling.
That's it in a nut-shell,
Had fairly decent success running the ball, then they go empty on 3rd & 1 :229031_shrug:
And for the passing game today, everything seemed to point to too much confusion with "Ball Control".
Is it just me, or does it appear as though Wilson is playing like he's still on a leash?
I expect (hope actually) that he & Baldwin will get their chemistry mojo working again, it can't happen any time too soon.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Scorpion05":38iy0vnc said:
Good points Aros. Here are my takeaways:

- Our first three out of four games were on the road. When we take a step back and think about it, that's pretty freaking insane. Is there another team with a similar schedule and if so, I bet they're struggling.

- When we looked our best, we were at home. The Seahawks have always struggled on the road under Pete, especially in September. I am perfectly okay with this ugly win. Look for us to struggle in London, and then again in Detroit.

- As the season goes on, I wouldn't be shocked if we went 6-2 at home and 4-4 on the road. Personally, I'd take that. Also, some of our toughest opponents we have to face at home. The Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, Chargers. Yep, all coming to our house

- I think Russell is under a new system but also, I don't think we can underestimate the road factor. So many new players, new shifts on the O-line. We have a much easier time communicating at home

- I thought Russell mostly did what we have to. Pete's way is not a blowout for the sake of a blowout. The way I saw this game, we made plays when we had to and played the field position game as best we can. I also think losing Dissly was huge in terms of protection and looks we like to give the opposing team. The only other TE that can approximate Dissly is Dickson

I know many won't be happy with this win, or how we won. But I'm okay with ugly wins, especially against division opponents. The teams who win it all don't always blow teams away during the regular season. Not that I expect us to win it all of course

Chiefs first 4 games is exactly like ours. Away, Away, Home, Away. They’re about to be 4-0 tomorrow.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Gotta agree with all the comments in this thread so far. Nothing to wholeheartedly disagree with.

Russell is still being hamstrung (IMO). He's trying to find the middle ground between what he is capable of (raw talent) and what they are asking him to do (pocket passer/game manager). It's entirely depressing as far as I am concerned. Hope they see the light and let Russ be Russ as the season wears on.

Maybe I am completely off my rocker but I don't think the loss of ET is going to make as much of a difference in the final win-loss column as most might. B Mac is outstanding and we seem to do a decent job plugging in replacement players. And last I checked, we still lost those first two games with ET in the lineup. Am I saying we are better without him? Not on your life. But I do not think it's life or death without him.

The loss of Will is more depressing to me surprisingly enough. Earl is Earl. We all know what we get. Which is a perennial All Pro/Pro Bowl Safety. But Will was the intangible. The "What if?" He was showing such promise in our offense. A legitimate surprise in the league that is now on hold.

I will finish with a saying that seems to survive the seasons regardless of player transaction and injury:

We aren't as good as we think we are, and we aren't as bad as we think we are.

Right now, 8-8 seems to be the right call. Although I think 10-6 is no less out of the question as 6-10.

Gotta love the NFL.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Steve2222":1mwv869w said:
Scorpion05":1mwv869w said:
Good points Aros. Here are my takeaways:

- Our first three out of four games were on the road. When we take a step back and think about it, that's pretty freaking insane. Is there another team with a similar schedule and if so, I bet they're struggling.

- When we looked our best, we were at home. The Seahawks have always struggled on the road under Pete, especially in September. I am perfectly okay with this ugly win. Look for us to struggle in London, and then again in Detroit.

- As the season goes on, I wouldn't be shocked if we went 6-2 at home and 4-4 on the road. Personally, I'd take that. Also, some of our toughest opponents we have to face at home. The Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, Chargers. Yep, all coming to our house

- I think Russell is under a new system but also, I don't think we can underestimate the road factor. So many new players, new shifts on the O-line. We have a much easier time communicating at home

- I thought Russell mostly did what we have to. Pete's way is not a blowout for the sake of a blowout. The way I saw this game, we made plays when we had to and played the field position game as best we can. I also think losing Dissly was huge in terms of protection and looks we like to give the opposing team. The only other TE that can approximate Dissly is Dickson

I know many won't be happy with this win, or how we won. But I'm okay with ugly wins, especially against division opponents. The teams who win it all don't always blow teams away during the regular season. Not that I expect us to win it all of course

Chiefs first 4 games is exactly like ours. Away, Away, Home, Away. They’re about to be 4-0 tomorrow.

Ahhh okay. Thanks for that correction. Well, the Chiefs are arguably a SB favorite and they've invested a lot of money on offense. Not looking forward to facing them in December. I would argue though that we faced tougher defenses

seedhawk

Reaction score
Today's game is the perfect example of "pete ball". Since RW arrived we have won 11, 13, 12, 11, 10, 10, 9 games, and damn near every one of them in one way or another could be called ugly at best.

As fans, many of us love RW for his 4th Qtr heroics, and forget just why our team wound up in that position in the first place. With PC's record here being basically 80-50, if you take away half of those RW hero games, it suddenly becomes 68-62.

"pete ball" is boring to many, pedantic to others, and just plain unpalatable to others. However, I am an old purist. I would rather watch a 17-14 game with both defenses making great plays, than a 42-38 shootout with 2 punts in the entire game.

I also guarandamntee you nothing with the Hawks will change until PC is no longer our coach.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seedhawk":2edp4tzs said:
"pete ball" is boring to many, pedantic to others, and just plain unpalatable to others. However, I am an old purist. I would rather watch a 17-14 game with both defenses making great plays, than a 42-38 shootout with 2 punts in the entire game.

I understand you and agree with you, but when you no longer have a defense that can compete against good teams to the tune of those 17-14 games, something needs to be done on the other side of the ball to compensate. 'Pete Ball' isn't getting that done. We have been lucky so far in that we haven't played a good team yet. Next weekend we do. 'Pete Ball' isn't going to get it done. Your going to watch a 42-17 game.

Seafan

Reaction score
Russ and #11 didn't have great games. Russ sucked on third down after it looked like he was doing better last week. I hate that stadium. Losing Earl sucked but he was auditioning for other teams and now the locker room may actually come together stronger. I was shocked by the lack of blitzing. Without it Rosen had all day. The refs really let the holding by the Cardinals persist all game. Fluker needs to cut out the penalties or change his number to 65.

I'm sick to lose Dissly. His loss was definitely felt during the game. He was my favorite rookie.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just looking at some stats from the game:

We had 171 rushing yards to their 92. Victory!

We only had 160 passing yards (Bleck).

0-10 on 3rd Downs?!?! Unacceptable on any level.

8-57 on penalties. Not bad not good.

So from stats alone you could surmise that our running game has finally taken off.

Russell has yet to find his place in this offense pass-wise.

0-10 on third downs is perhaps the most telling stat of all. Those passes to Baldwin being a yard short were maddening to say the least. Hopefully it’s a rhythm thing that corrects itself soon.

8 for 57 on penalties isn’t terrible. Really don’t think it had any bearing on the game necessarily.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Aros":11qg8umk said:

So from stats alone you could surmise that our running game has finally taken off.

0-10 on third downs is perhaps the most telling stat of all. Those passes to Baldwin being a yard short were maddening to say the least. Hopefully it’s a rhythm thing that corrects itself soon.

8 for 57 on penalties isn’t terrible. Really don’t think it had any bearing on the game necessarily.

Indeed, the running game is the only thing keeping our heads (barely) above water.

Without that it would be many times more ugly than it already is...

seedhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2deoawbk said:
seedhawk":2deoawbk said:

I understand you and agree with you, but when you no longer have a defense that can compete against good teams to the tune of those 17-14 games, something needs to be done on the other side of the ball to compensate. 'Pete Ball' isn't getting that done. We have been lucky so far in that we haven't played a good team yet. Next weekend we do. 'Pete Ball' isn't going to get it done. Your going to watch a 42-17 game.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it wound up worse than that. Then again, it could well wind up a last possession deal. That's why they play.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seedhawk":3crnku24 said:
pittpnthrs":3crnku24 said:
seedhawk":3crnku24 said:

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it wound up worse than that. Then again, it could well wind up a last possession deal. That's why they play.

Actually, I think they play for the money... ;)

seedhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":ixwlny5y said:
seedhawk":ixwlny5y said:
pittpnthrs":ixwlny5y said:
seedhawk":ixwlny5y said:

Sure would change the dynamic if only players and staff on winners got paid.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seedhawk":1ovh1157 said:
semiahmoo":1ovh1157 said:
seedhawk":1ovh1157 said:
pittpnthrs":1ovh1157 said:

Harsh!

seedhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3indp0dt said:
seedhawk":3indp0dt said:
semiahmoo":3indp0dt said:
seedhawk":3indp0dt said:

Harsh!

Not really. I did say it would change the dynamic.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2vkn2mqz said:

Totally agreed!

As ever, unless it’s 4 TDS and 300 + yds passing Wilson sucks and is a game manager.

More post game hyperbole. C’mon fellas these Divisional games are always tough.

In case you haven’t noticed, Seahawks are 1-0 in the Div., tied with the Rams for Divisional wins. 2nd now in the Div. with a chance to move to one game behindnext weekend.

Sure sucks to lose Dissly and ET. However, injuries happen, next man up.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
jammerhawk":197a9km3 said:
sutz":197a9km3 said:

Totally agreed!

As ever, unless it’s 4 TDS and 300 + yds passing Wilson sucks and is a game manager.

More post game hyperbole. C’mon fellas these Divisional games are always tough.

In case you haven’t noticed, Seahawks are 1-0 in the Div., tied with the Rams for Divisional wins. 2nd now in the Div. with a chance to move to one game behindnext weekend.

Sure sucks to lose Dissly and ET. However, injuries happen, next man up.

Politically incorrect sentiment.

Really bummed about Dissly.

GO HAWKS!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Aros":15l4wjb6 said:

Allowed 2 sacks, a step in the right direction!