Which areas need to be addressed post-draft

Fade

Reaction score
Outside WR (both X & Z) that can beat press coverage is the only starting need I see.

Everything else is long term replacements and depth.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think the Lockett(e)s will be the gunners for next season and obviously we have our new return man.

What do people think will happen with Lane? PUP? IR (designated to return)? Or just IR?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I suppose I am most apprehensive about Maxwells replacement. Simon in my eyes is far from a lock at the position. Just dont know if anyone better is on the premises yet. After that I think the battle for the starting Center will be a good one.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":qayoj7ig said:
I suppose I am most apprehensive about Maxwells replacement. Simon in my eyes is far from a lock at the position. Just dont know if anyone better is on the premises yet. After that I think the battle for the starting Center will be a good one.
The hawks signed 2 CBs in FA

Sac

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Lockett can't play outside clearly hasn't been paying attention.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
What is the status of our two 2014 receivers? Have we given up on both of them?

gmor

Reaction score
We should do what we always do. Work with the players we have and keep an eye on the ones that leave other teams, then figure out which ones are best for the Hawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2n4gi1qg said:
What is the status of our two 2014 receivers? Have we given up on both of them?

Norwood was played in the Rams game at the end of the season and looked kinda decent. Richardson is probably going to IR or PUP list. He has issues til at least 6 weeks into the season.

netskier

Reaction score
I think there are at least three. Pete said recently that Matthews is our tall receiver going forward, or something pretty close to that.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2pyui1ps said:
I think the Lockett(e)s will be the gunners for next season and obviously we have our new return man.

What do people think will happen with Lane? PUP? IR (designated to return)? Or just IR?

PUP to start. IR if he can't go after the 6-8 week forced window. IR designated to return doesn't make a lot of sense for his situation.

Also, hes a FA after this season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Backup QB is the only area I would currently call a "need" and TJack would still be my first choice due to his familiarity with the system and high floor.

I'm comfortable with our center competition between Lem, Lewis and Sokoli. None of those guys are currently what a healthy Unger was for us, but Unger really wasn't healthy very much for us.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
There is only one true need and that is a solid back-up QB. Other than that maybe a veteran interior Offensive Lineman and maybe some extra depth in the Linebacker pool.

Center will be alright with Jeanpierre, Lewis and Sokoli. WR also is just right. Baldwin and Kearse are solid starters, Lockett covers the slot position and if Matthews could carry on his SB form that would be a big asset. When Richardson returns the WR group is deep enough. The last thing we need now is a player who will only marginally make us better at one of the highest paid positions, we can't have that now with Bennett and Wilson both wanting more cash.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
A few positions.

An outside tall WR.
A blocking TE
And pass rushers. Because you can NEVER have enough. Seriously a huge drop off once Cliff is out or if Bruce is not here next year. Frank was drafted but more darn it