Which Division Winners Have the Longest Odds of Repeating?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Optimus25":3mmt5mlj said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3mmt5mlj said:
bigskydoc":3mmt5mlj said:
Because their post-bye stretch is simply brutal, and we have a favorable schedule this year. Though call, but I agree with Brandt for once.
Eh, not so sure about the "brutal". After a perfectly-placed mid-season bye, they get four home and four away. Five of the games are in-division gimmes. They do go to QB-less Denver for a night game. The only semi-daunting match is a Week 15 jaunt to Pittsburgh, before finishing the year with two delicious cupcakes (Miami, Buffalo) served up piping hot in Gillette Stadium.

Considering all they'll need to do is squeak out a 9-7 overall record (which includes the 6 divisional byes Brady has had every year of his career) to take it, I'd say the inevitability of their repeating can be stopped only by multiple, catastrophic injuries.
That being said, our division is amazingly ripe for the taking this year. Between dum dum give me gum gum goff, Brian seventeen interceptions in a home playoff game hoyer, and wheelchair bound fifty seven year old Carson Palmer, there's just no smart money anywhere in this division except the hawks. I'd personally put the dolphins threat on par with the cards and the bills with the rams and the jets with the niners, except in all of those comparisons the afc East suckbots are projected to slope positive while the nfc West cannon fodder is mostly either wildly unstable or just simply unable to reach 10 wins if their lives depended on it, or in other words projected to slope negative. Which is the tie breaker in the pats vs hawks easiest path to division champ preseason contest.

I also agree with previous posting regarding brutal patriots schedule. I think the easiest money out there is betting the patriots won't hit 13 wins in the futures props. It's even money last i saw and i don't see even a remote possibility they survive that gauntlet and come out with only 3 losses.
I'm gonna put this out here now: Brian Hoyer is the best quarterback the 49ers have had since Jeff Garcia. That isn't saying much, I know. But his numbers his last 15 games: 25 TDs, 7 INTs, 63%, 4051 yards, 93.7 passer rating,

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... tions-2016
Football Outsiders":3mmt5mlj said:
Brian Hoyer shattered the record books with precisely 200 passes without an interception -- 73 more throws than any quarterback had ever thrown before without delivering one to the other team. And that total doesn't change in adjusted interceptions. Hoyer had no throws that were dropped by defenders, or broken up by his own receiver. In fact, hardly anyone came close.
[...]
Hoyer was one of three qualifying quarterbacks to not benefit from a single dropped interception. Andrew Luck (13 adjusted interceptions) and Tyrod Taylor (six) were the others.

*One interesting note for you Seahawk fans... last year Kaepernick was 6th in fewest adjusted interceptions. Whatever his flaws in the past, he protected the ball last year. Would be a solid backup QB.

Josea16

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2rbuhy1t said:
Optimus25":2rbuhy1t said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2rbuhy1t said:
bigskydoc":2rbuhy1t said:
Because their post-bye stretch is simply brutal, and we have a favorable schedule this year. Though call, but I agree with Brandt for once.
Eh, not so sure about the "brutal". After a perfectly-placed mid-season bye, they get four home and four away. Five of the games are in-division gimmes. They do go to QB-less Denver for a night game. The only semi-daunting match is a Week 15 jaunt to Pittsburgh, before finishing the year with two delicious cupcakes (Miami, Buffalo) served up piping hot in Gillette Stadium.

Considering all they'll need to do is squeak out a 9-7 overall record (which includes the 6 divisional byes Brady has had every year of his career) to take it, I'd say the inevitability of their repeating can be stopped only by multiple, catastrophic injuries.
That being said, our division is amazingly ripe for the taking this year. Between dum dum give me gum gum goff, Brian seventeen interceptions in a home playoff game hoyer, and wheelchair bound fifty seven year old Carson Palmer, there's just no smart money anywhere in this division except the hawks. I'd personally put the dolphins threat on par with the cards and the bills with the rams and the jets with the niners, except in all of those comparisons the afc East suckbots are projected to slope positive while the nfc West cannon fodder is mostly either wildly unstable or just simply unable to reach 10 wins if their lives depended on it, or in other words projected to slope negative. Which is the tie breaker in the pats vs hawks easiest path to division champ preseason contest.

I also agree with previous posting regarding brutal patriots schedule. I think the easiest money out there is betting the patriots won't hit 13 wins in the futures props. It's even money last i saw and i don't see even a remote possibility they survive that gauntlet and come out with only 3 losses.
I'm gonna put this out here now: Brian Hoyer is the best quarterback the 49ers have had since Jeff Garcia. That isn't saying much, I know. But his numbers his last 15 games: 25 TDs, 7 INTs, 63%, 4051 yards, 93.7 passer rating,

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... tions-2016
Football Outsiders":2rbuhy1t said:
Brian Hoyer shattered the record books with precisely 200 passes without an interception -- 73 more throws than any quarterback had ever thrown before without delivering one to the other team. And that total doesn't change in adjusted interceptions. Hoyer had no throws that were dropped by defenders, or broken up by his own receiver. In fact, hardly anyone came close.
[...]
Hoyer was one of three qualifying quarterbacks to not benefit from a single dropped interception. Andrew Luck (13 adjusted interceptions) and Tyrod Taylor (six) were the others.

*One interesting note for you Seahawk fans... last year Kaepernick was 6th in fewest adjusted interceptions. Whatever his flaws in the past, he protected the ball last year. Would be a solid backup QB.
Agree but the price must be right.