Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

• Earl Thomas

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Kenny Easley

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
C'mon guys you all know deep down in your mind you know ET is the best safety this team has ever had. He is probably the 4th best Seahawk ever to grace our presence. And yes I do remember Kenny.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Easley weight a few pounds more than Earl and was nearly the same size as Tre Flowers. Revisionist stuff is funny. Easley was a cover safety through and through even if he played at a time when there were still OLs and DTs that were 270. Basically every safety that Easley played with was bigger than him (mass/weight). Easley had some hits here and there, but like Earl, it would be a stretch to call him a hitter. And yes, I watched him, Lott, etc. Dude was a cover safety plain and simple. Don't give two ishes if he was listed as a SS. He referred to himsef as a FS and no, he wasn't like Kam. He was way beyond a better cover safety than Earl, however, who's majority of INTs were from tipped balls due to being late.

And don't bother...has nothing to do with contract.

Seymour

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2n48xydj said:
Easley. Not even close IMO.

Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.

+1000

Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3kh7dmyd said:
C'mon guys you all know deep down in your mind you know ET is the best safety this team has ever had. He is probably the 4th best Seahawk ever to grace our presence. And yes I do remember Kenny.
Go watch all of Earl's INTs. Count how many were from tipped balls or overthrow vs how many he atually broke on. Then do the same for Easley.

There is no comparison at all without lies. Easley was the best cover safety the Hawks have had. Kam was the most dominant in the postseason.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":1u13z4zz said:
Attyla the Hawk":1u13z4zz said:

Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.

+1000

Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.
Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":304mowkn said:
Seymour":304mowkn said:
Attyla the Hawk":304mowkn said:

+1000

Guess again. :roll:
How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??

Same weight Muhammad Ali won a heavy weight world championship at....so pointless point.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":2tuagtnb said:
vin.couve12":2tuagtnb said:
Seymour":2tuagtnb said:
Attyla the Hawk":2tuagtnb said:

+1000

That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
How many SB MVPs did any other Seahawks player ever turn down because they didn't sign a Disney parade waver?

The question was one game and a playoff game specifically.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I went with Kam. Playoff Kam was a was a whole different force, not that the other two didn't bring it in big moments too. But Kam might be one of the best big game defensive backs ever.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I am thirty eight, so just on the cusp of missing out on watching easley, which is only compounded by the fact that i lived my entire life out of market.

But i think we should put the generations in perspective. If the assumption is that the game would be played in easleys generation, i would definitely take easley. I see all the skills you old timers are hawking about, and it makes sense.

But I'm not convinced he'd be such a far better choice, as some of you are trying to lead me to believe, than a kam or Earl were the game to be played in this generation of players.

The fact that game has evolved so drastically towards the pass and towards pure speed players does not seem to bode well for me in trying to pick him over Earl. Plus I'll look at playoff performances and well, Marino had over 400 yards of offense and put up 31 on us in 84, so I'll just stick with one of the two top performers that absolutely annihilated the greatest offense of all time on the biggest stage of franchise history thank you.

The guy is a hall of famer, but i can't see him being plucked from the 80s and you guys seriously believing he would immediately translate to that elite level given one, ONE game to do it in the much faster game of today. But yeah, 80s ball, seems like he did in fact have it all.

toffee

Reaction score
As of now, at this moment? I will take Tedric Thompson!! Then I shall be on my knees praying that he will turn out to be another McDougald.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":rsbx8j5p said:
Seymour":rsbx8j5p said:
Attyla the Hawk":rsbx8j5p said:

+1000

Here we go about size of then vs now...
If Easley was playing today with the training and proper nutrtion available to todays players
I can assure you he would be Kam sized but faster with a lot more talent then you ever saw
from him or Earl.The Enforcer:A beast among men..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Easley 7 days a weak 365 days a year, against any team. There is a good reason why he got the hall of fame with only 7 years under his belt. The guy was a monster. He had the range, and coverage instincts of Earl, the ball skills of Sherman, and the brutality of Ronnie Lott. He could also play every position in the secondary. He is a guy who put the fear of god in other players. You think Kam, and Hamlin were brutal? Just go watch footage of this manimal.

[youtube]96VoLMlSKeU[/youtube]
[youtube]rIexIbp4eUU[/youtube]

Seahawker

Reaction score
I doubt 29 or 31 would have continued to play with the knee, ankle, shoulder and turf toe injuries that KE45 played with, not to mention the failing kidneys. Anyone who says Easley wasn't a huge hitter is high. I've seen Kam's hit's and seen WR's laid out cold & twitching for being in KE's territory. Read what Todd Christensen & Kellen Winslow said about him. They didn't call him The Enforcer during the 80's era of smashmouth football for nothing. This is a man, not a little cryer asking for more millions, when his contract was up he asked for one dollar more than Ronnie Lott. FS, SS, CB, PR.
I choose Easley every day of the week and twice on sunday, anyone that doesn't is either far too young or just doesn't recognize the gesture directed at their sideline.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahawker76":guks5l9n said:
I doubt 29 or 31 would have continued to play with the knee, ankle, shoulder and turf toe injuries that KE45 played with, not to mention the failing kidneys. Anyone who says Easley wasn't a huge hitter is high. I've seen Kam's hit's and seen WR's laid out cold & twitching for being in KE's territory. Read what Todd Christensen & Kellen Winslow said about him. They didn't call him The Enforcer during the 80's era of smashmouth football for nothing. This is a man, not a little cryer asking for more millions, when his contract was up he asked for one dollar more than Ronnie Lott. FS, SS, CB, PR.
I choose Easley every day of the week and twice on sunday, anyone that doesn't is either far too young or just doesn't recognize the gesture directed at their sideline.

And i think you're dismissing a 3 time all pro far too easily. Earl even had to play against Rodgers, Brady, big Ben, let alone the FAR superior receivers of this day and age.

The money factor is a product of the generation, and i guarantee a young easley born and bred in this era would act no different.

Let alone you say,'this is a man', like kams hits and plays all thru the super bowl were nothing. And oh by the way, no one will ever hit anyone the way kam stole Vernon Davis's soul. Ever. Before or after.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah Fouts, Marino, Stabler, Elway, Bradshaw and others were all just schmucks to play against when Easley played let alone the receivers they had to throw too.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ev04grqj said:
Seymour":ev04grqj said:
vin.couve12":ev04grqj said:
Seymour":ev04grqj said:
+1000

That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.

If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2e1d1hou said:
vin.couve12":2e1d1hou said:
Seymour":2e1d1hou said:
vin.couve12":2e1d1hou said:

If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

evergreen

Reaction score
We’re splitting hairs obviously. I sat at Husky stadium in the rain the year after we won the Rose Bowl with Warren Moon which was about the greatest sports thing to ever happen up here, and watched Easley return a punt for UCLA to the house and we lost 7-10 with Tom PoorAss as qb. I think he may have been great before Largent was. Still, that hit on Demerius Thomas was literally all time. Kam and Earl got the big stage. Who will ever forget him jumping over the line to not block the field goal 2x! Sorry, it’s gotta be Kam.