Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

• Earl Thomas

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Kenny Easley

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1d9uexr9 said:
vin.couve12":1d9uexr9 said:
Seymour":1d9uexr9 said:
vin.couve12":1d9uexr9 said:
Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...

Guess again. :roll:
How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??

That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.

If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?
Then explain why QBs wouldn't throw at Easley by that same sentiment when he got INTs at a much higher rate.

That's what's called failed logic.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahawker76":33n5vzy9 said:
I doubt 29 or 31 would have continued to play with the knee, ankle, shoulder and turf toe injuries that KE45 played with, not to mention the failing kidneys. Anyone who says Easley wasn't a huge hitter is high. I've seen Kam's hit's and seen WR's laid out cold & twitching for being in KE's territory. Read what Todd Christensen & Kellen Winslow said about him. They didn't call him The Enforcer during the 80's era of smashmouth football for nothing. This is a man, not a little cryer asking for more millions, when his contract was up he asked for one dollar more than Ronnie Lott. FS, SS, CB, PR.
I choose Easley every day of the week and twice on sunday, anyone that doesn't is either far too young or just doesn't recognize the gesture directed at their sideline.

Not to mention it's hilarious you point out how easley was such a baller and love of the game guy who was a leading Seahawk figure in the strike and gave our own jim zorn hell, publicly, for offering his services as a replacement player.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Optimus25":sxwsbv6v said:
Grahamhawker":sxwsbv6v said:
vin.couve12":sxwsbv6v said:
Seymour":sxwsbv6v said:

That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.

If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.
Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.

Optimus25

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1jfti4kp said:
Grahamhawker":1jfti4kp said:
vin.couve12":1jfti4kp said:
Seymour":1jfti4kp said:

Then explain why QBs wouldn't throw at Easley by that same sentiment when he got INTs at a much higher rate.

No it's called the evolution of the passing game with greater accuracy, far more complex offense, and vastly superior receivers.

Optimus25

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2zg6pnip said:
Optimus25":2zg6pnip said:
Grahamhawker":2zg6pnip said:
vin.couve12":2zg6pnip said:

Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.
Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.

It's literally incapable to say the passing game is ten times more intricate and evolved than 1984 and that Earl plays vs greater players both behind center and lined up outside?.

Huh. Sounds rock solid to me.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Optimus25":hs9jbmx4 said:
vin.couve12":hs9jbmx4 said:
Grahamhawker":hs9jbmx4 said:
vin.couve12":hs9jbmx4 said:

No it's called the evolution of the passing game with greater accuracy, far more complex offense, and vastly superior receivers.
Nnnnnnno. Players are better athletes, yes, but QB accuracy wasn't any different and possibly better depending on which QBs you're talking about, ut that's splitting hairs.

Where you're really wrong though, is offense complexity. Same with defense. Almost nothing is new. Hawks fans even tried to tell themselves tall tales about this new cover 3 defense and the bear wrinkle when that stuff was in place before they were born.

I would agree that athletes are better, but not at one particular position. It's across the board so competition level renders that moot too.

There is no possible way that Earl Thomas is the greatest Seahawk safety in any aspect. Sorry, but it's the truth. He's been an awesome, awesome player, but not nearly as good in coverage as Easley and not even remotely close to the physical presence that Kam was. He met his first round requirements, which is awesome, but that doesn't come with any big fish BS that supercedes truth.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Optimus25":2qqkp3dl said:
vin.couve12":2qqkp3dl said:
Optimus25":2qqkp3dl said:
Grahamhawker":2qqkp3dl said:

It's literally incapable to say the passing game is ten times more intricate and evolved than 1984 and that Earl plays vs greater players both behind center and lined up outside?.

The hell it is. It's not the evolution of data networks, kid. I played for a long time, can call plays to this day, and not much has changed. 3 wr sets are more prevalent in teams, but that's about it.

Just because it's rocket science to you doesn't mean it is to those with experience. Especially not ones who play today. They grew up in it. It ain't no Harry Potter spell.

OMG THE LACK OF A FB AND MORE SLOT WRS WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO BECAUSE WE'RE SO INCAPABLE OMG.

Fade

Reaction score
"Fear" Kam scared the other team in a way I have never seen a DB do. He was Lawrence Taylor playing Safety.

He could also do this.
iu

All three are HoF material. Even though Kam probably won't get in because the media is stupid.

Optimus25

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2n0740y4 said:
Optimus25":2n0740y4 said:
Grahamhawker":2n0740y4 said:
vin.couve12":2n0740y4 said:

So how about this for an argument?

When easley in his prime, 1984, played against elway, he was playing against a QB who had 18TD and 15 picks on the year in total.

When Earl played against the Broncos in 2013, he was playing against a qb who had 55 tds and 10 picks on the year in total.

That's just one sliver of my point. The game evolved far too dramatically to say a 1984 all pro is leaps and bounds above a 2013 all pro without at least a fair comparison outside of the standard'' oh easley by a mile because he was the man'' and literally that is the extent of the argument.

Optimus25

Reaction score
vin.couve12":rlm2kmdu said:
Optimus25":rlm2kmdu said:
vin.couve12":rlm2kmdu said:
Optimus25":rlm2kmdu said:

The hell it is. It's not the evolution of data networks, kid. I played for a long time, can call plays to this day, and not much has changed. 3 wr sets are more prevalent in teams, but that's about it.

Just because it's rocket science to you doesn't mean it is to those with experience. Especially not ones who play today. They grew up in it. It ain't no Harry Potter spell.

OMG THE LACK OF A FB AND MORE SLOT WRS WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO BEECAUSE WE'RE SO INCAPABLE OMG.

Yep.

Yeah. The stats really back up that argument. so the passing game didn't evolve since 1984.

Wow. I can't believe you can take yourself seriously. A quick look at the average draft position of a running back is all it takes to prove why you're in a forum now and not calling plays anywhere legitimate. let alone see above for my reproof in one analogy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Optimus25":ddv9ekxn said:
vin.couve12":ddv9ekxn said:
Optimus25":ddv9ekxn said:
Grahamhawker":ddv9ekxn said:

So about this for an argument?

When easley in his prime, 1984, played against elway, he was playing against a QB who had 18TD and 15 picks on the year in total.

When Earl played against the Broncos in 2013, he was playing against a qb who had 55 tds and 10 picks on the year in total.

That's just one sliver of my point. The game evolved far too dramatically to say a 1984 all pro is leaps and bounds above a 2013 all pro without at least a fair comparison outside of the standard'' oh easley by a mile because he was the man'' and literally that is the extent of the argument.
Earl was dead silent that game where as Kam dominated and even got his INT from Earl's single high position when they went robber.

Also Elway was always overrated and I don't think any QB really compares to what Manning whas in his prime. Dude WAS the playbook and is an exception, not a rule. In '84, Elway was not some GOAT. Never was really. Kind of like an RW who could run, throw some passes that would make you question his sanity and maybe even 20/20 vision, while also making some plays and then people would lie to themselves about his 1st round pick status. Elway would be ringless without TD. Yet another hard truth.

But I'm assuming you picked Elway because he was in the division? So why choose Manning who ISN'T in the division and if outside of Division why not throw Montana in there?

You WANT Earl Thomas to be the best ever, but I'll tell you a secret....the tooth fairy isn't real either.

Optimus25

Reaction score
vin.couve12":4dyqcqx3 said:
Optimus25":4dyqcqx3 said:
vin.couve12":4dyqcqx3 said:
Optimus25":4dyqcqx3 said:

So about this for an argument?

Earl was dead silent that game where as Kam dominated and even got his INT from Earl's single high position when they went robber.

Also Elway was always overrated and I don't think any QB really compares to what Manning whas in his prime. Dude WAS the playbook and it an exception, not a rule. In '84, Elway was not some GOAT. Never was really. Kind of like an RW who could run, throw some passes that would make you question his sanity and maybe even 20/20 vision, while also making some plays where people would lie to themselves about his 1st round pick status. Elway would be ringless without TD. Yet another hard truth.

But I'm assuming you picked Elway because he was in the division? So why choose Manning who ISN'T in the division and if outside of Division why not throw Montana in there.

You WANT Earl Thomas to be the best ever, but I'll tell you a secret....the tooth fairy isn't real either.

lol. I picked the main player of the era. You want to compare fouts or bill kenney or anyone, go ahead. And by the way, Marino pounded the hawks in a way they haven't been pounded in earls time in the playoffs, and you wanna talk about dead silent, look at easleys stats that game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Easley. Teams planned around him come gameday. Guy was unbelievable.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Current vote.
29- 9
31- 16
45- 32

Let us know when either Kam or Earl puts on a gold jacket. :les:

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahawker76":mgivpux6 said:
Current vote.
29- 9
31- 16
45- 32

Let us know when either Kam or Earl puts on a gold jacket. :les:

first seriously thanks for the count and steering on topic. I know that took a little time.

Second, by that logic you'd also take yale lary from the 1950s vikes.

Gold jacket and all I'm sure he'd cover side to side and keep demarious Thomas or megatron in check better than kam or Earl.
:roll:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'll take Easley and it's not close.
I had the privilege of seeing him play in person numerous times, back in the days of the Kingdome.
Simply amazing.