Which moment sold you on Wilson?

chris98251

Reaction score
KC pre season game, when he came out and started to play I posted rightaway he had the "IT" factor, that being said I was in the Flynn camp as well, I was still not sold on him being the starter yet, but you could see it would not be long.

wolfpack05

Reaction score
Sophomore year at State. Thought he'd be a top 10 pick if he was a few inches taller. He was THAT good. Carried our team for 3 years. The things he would do to keep drives alive at State made you shake your head at times.

I laughed when Wisconsin fans were doubting he would even start when he first joined. I knew he would win them over quickly.

Same thing happened with Seahawks fans when he was first drafted. Didn't take long for RW to take over.

Kid is a winner. He is special and he does something special on the field just about every game.

I'm a Seahawk fan because of RW.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Why should anybody be sold on RW? He'll be a good QB for sure but we don't need him to be good. We need him to be great and that takes more than a year. His crown is polished and waiting but he's still just a prince.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":18jshw3s said:
LawlessHawk":18jshw3s said:
FlyingGreg":18jshw3s said:
His birth.

You mean you weren't in the room at conception?

Nobody was...it was immaculate.

I thought it was Microsoft? I thought Russell Wison was conceived when Paul Allen told Bill Gates that he needed a robo QB ?

kigenzun

Reaction score
Watching him discuss game plans/strategy/breaking down defenses/correct reads/making quick decisions one on one with Jon Gruden on some kind of Gruden speaks with all the new QB draft class show. I saw a bunch of QBs and though he was the runt of the litter, he had spunk, was mentally and physically tough, and the smartest of the bunch. I thought he would somehow sneak into the 1st round with another team... I mean even Tebow snuck into the 1st. But I had no idea we would be looking at him pre-draft and able to steal him in the 3rd. IMO that's the single best draft pick the Seattle Seahawks have ever made. Bar none.

Zigorafoleeze

Reaction score
The first training camp day I went to. I came in hyped on Matt Flynn. But after a few reps between Flynn and Russell throwing about 20 yards... I knew it.

His release point with the ball is as if he's 6' 3". And the rocketing speed. It was like Russell could turn the ball into the blue spiked shell from mario cart.... And Flynn threw as if he was firing the green shells.

Zer0veritas

Reaction score
First time I saw him play during the preseason game against the raiders I think it was. I noticed Wilsons mobility, accuracy and ability to keep plays alive with his feet. He was everything TJack was supposed to be in Bevells offense and I immediately knew that Wilson was the guy.

I was telling everybody that Flynn was just an insurance policy when it was not popular at the time. I was getting flamed all the time, I felt like such a hipster.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Russel Wilson is the worst Seahawk QB I've ever seen, and I've seen them all...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The two drives at the end of the game against Chicago. Drove down the field, scored the go-ahead touchdown.

Then after Sherman screws up in coverage and let the Bears get a field goal to go to overtime,
he drives us down the field again and wins the game with a touchdown. At that point I was sold and in shock that
we won that game with the terrible officiating by Mike Carrey.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
I think it was when he was floating away from the raft. It was at that moment I realized how important he was. I'd been taking him for granted up to that point. Like Mr. Hanks, I wanted to tell him I was sorry too. So thankful he floated into the Puget Sound, got picked up off Alki, and became the man he is today.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NinerBuff":7mv10imu said:
jdblack":7mv10imu said:
NinerBuff":7mv10imu said:
Let's see what happens this year. I do find it interesting that the posters here seem to discount Kaep and view wilson as the second coming. If you go over to the Niners Forums, we acknowledge Wilson is really good (you'll probably find some *ss-hat saying he's too short) and both him and Kaep will be a good rivalry.

I'll acknowledge Kaep is very good. I think Wilson is > Kaep of coursej, entirely for mental reasons. In easy games Kaep probably has a higher ceiling than Wilson due to his explosiveness on the ground. It's similar to how baby rattlesnakes are more dangerous than adult rattlesnakes. In tough games I'd go with Wilson.

Like away games against Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Ryan ;)

How did his away game with Wilson go? Sorry couldn't resist...

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":yxgc76l7 said:
Why should anybody be sold on RW? He'll be a good QB for sure but we don't need him to be good. We need him to be great and that takes more than a year. His crown is polished and waiting but he's still just a prince.

I'd say Russell is more than good. Bringing a team from 20 down in the NFC divisional round, if he gets the ball back with 15 more seconds against the Falcons do you doubt he wins that game?

No one is putting him in the Hall of Fame but to deny he's an elite QB is just silly.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
When he stayed cool as a cucumber throughout the 1st Tards game despite a withering pass rush. Matt would have been jittery and started making hurried, ill-advised throws after the full speed hit from Dockett. Pretty remarkable seeing a rookie so composed so early in his first season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2k89a1ic said:
Russel Wilson is the worst Seahawk QB I've ever seen, and I've seen them all...
I think you stole that from somebody. I am sure HawksFTW has it as his signature if I am not mistaken.

Latest posts