Which picks would you give up for the QB of the future?

Spohawks

Reaction score
The Hawks can't tank hard enough for Stroud or the 1st overall pick. They have minimum 5 wins in them and at best, that puts them at pick #4+.

I looked up Stroud, he seems overrated but he will go #1. The guy who really is the best at QB is Young.

I see the Hawks at pick 32, but lets say something crazy happens they get a top 5-15 pick. How much draft capital are you willing to drop to move up to get your guy?

My guy = Young
Offering up = (2) 1st, (1) 2nd and a 4th.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Whatever it takes if you can land another Wilson or elite guy. For every example of a San Fran making the SB there are 18 appearances by elite QB's. Its really, really hard to be a SB team without an elite QB.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Whatever it takes if its the right guy but 2 firsts and a couple other picks sound about right

W

Welshers

They have minimum 5 wins in them and at best, that puts them at pick #4+.
I can't tell if this is serious. They have a minimum of zero wins. This team is 100% capable of not winning 5 games. I hate to break it to you but they are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Maybe they are better than Atlanta. That's about it. That said, of course we will cheer for them!

KinesProf

Reaction score
When it all shakes out and the QB class is established and declared, I think one of Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson or Van Dyke will be available with their native spot.

I'd be willing to throw in both 2nds if it meant jumping someone for the right guy.

I'm really hoping that Richardson ends up looking like that guy over a full sample size this season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to look at the data. The data says Ohio State and Alabama Qbs tend to flounder.

It probably is less something inherently wrong with QBs from those schools as it is their system and visibility make QBs look better than they are or make it harder to evaluate them in key situations. (More likely #2)

I still don't think it makes sense to chance it.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Not a damn thing. With 2 1’s and 2 2’s, they have the luxury of just waiting for their pick to arrive. There are no picks that are guaranteed to become stars. This team has holes to fill. When you start getting rid of picks to target someone you think and hope will be good, you are weakening the rest of your team. If you don’t believe this, I’ll give you a long list of can’t miss prospects who missed big!

toffee

Reaction score
In our GM's dream scenario, he could find another QB in 3rd round or so, following the path of Russell Wilson (3rd) , Joe Montana (3rd) , and Tom Brady (7th). A very long shot, but it has happened before. IF he pull it out, we have 2 first round picks for DL, ED, OG, LB, and WR.

Something about the three QB mentioned, Russ was too short, Joe had so so arms, Tom wasn't athletic at all. All teams passed on these QBs multiple times before they were picked, for us on dot net, it may be more fun to dig around for the 'faulted' QB that we could pickup in later rounds.

Some common traits of these three, all came from two parents family of middle to upper middle income family, with career success in their family trees. They showed early high school successes, played in major college programs. All process some noticeable "short comings", making them risky for GMs to pick them early, as they will be blasted by national media and fans that they reached. But reaching has never been a program for John Schneider, I full confidence in John to find another under the radar QB.

Go John!!!

Last edited:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I like the idea of trading up or drafting in the 7-12 range. You lose out on the first one or two QBs but it seems it happens where a good QB prospect falls after the non-qb desperate teams draft for other positions.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to look at the data. The data says Ohio State and Alabama Qbs tend to flounder.

It probably is less something inherently wrong with QBs from those schools as it is their system and visibility make QBs look better than they are or make it harder to evaluate them in key situations. (More likely #2)

I still don't think it makes sense to chance it.
If a team justifies passing on Justin Herbert because of Marcus Mariota, Dennis Dixon, Joey Harrington and Akili Smith, they are failing at their job.

If a team were to have passed on Joe Burrow because of Zach Mettenberger, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Flynn, they are failing at their job.

And if we're doing the system argument - if teams passed on Aaron Rodgers because of the track record of Jeff Tedford's previous Quarterbacks - Harrington, Smith, Trent Dilfer, David Carr and Kyle Boller, then those teams failed.

It's an utterly asinine and lazy approach to evaluating individuals.

nanomoz

Reaction score
They might not need to trade up. That said, it's looking like a really, really good quarterback draft at the moment. That can change, certainly.

But I don't think it'll be too hard to get into the top 4 or 5 to get one of the guys they rate highly. It looks like there's a few first rate defensive lineman, too. Which could help.

Own The West

Reaction score
Evaluate the individual, not the helmet.
Ivotuk has a point. QBs that spend their entire career throwing to elite athletes that are always wide open have a bigger jump to the NFL then guys that make average athletes look like all pros.

Call it the Testaverde effect…

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind seeing them pick 2 QBs next spring. Washington did it in 2012 with RG3 and Cousins. Dallas did it back in the day with Aikman and Steve Walsh. A little competition between two rookies could be fun. If they both pan out, then they get some nice trade bait.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The right answer is ‘it depends on who is there’ when they pick and when they pick.

There are several potentially good QBs in this draft, maybe 4 or more with the top two being within acceptable trade range. More and more I’m liking VanDyke at 26 or slightly earlier with a slight trade up, but drafting a premium player @ DT or DE with the first pick.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
With no real football having been played either in the NFL or college this year, it's borderline impossible to say other than this: There seems to be a good half dozen QBs projected to be first round prospects in this upcoming draft and Seahawks are going to have two first round picks.

I can't imagine them needing to sacrifice more than their two firsts to reach one of them. (And unless both Seattle and Denver have really good seasons, I honestly feel like one of these guys will fall to us without much jockeying at all).

GemCity

Reaction score
Will Levis…we are going to land in the right spot to take the right guy at the right time.

If we were #1, we’d likely take Shroud. How can you not (sans the OSU QB curse)?

I’m hoping it’s not a hard decision and we grab Levis.

Could be totally wrong here but, I like what I’m seeing.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Hopefully just one, I would bet they have their sights set on a certain group already, plus and minus for each and now we wait to see what they show us this year. I hope we get lucky and find another diamond in the rough and use the r st of our picks for some more studs

WarHawks

Reaction score
Curious what makes Stroud better than Levis, or vice versa?