Which picks would you give up for the QB of the future?

Chevy

Reaction score
I don't think we will have to trade up. I think we will lose enough games to end up with a top-3 pick.

Right now, my favorite QB is Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Young will have a career similar to RG3. He will look good out of the gate, but his body won’t be able to take the beating of the NFL.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The Hawks can't tank hard enough for Stroud or the 1st overall pick. They have minimum 5 wins in them and at best, that puts them at pick #4+.

I looked up Stroud, he seems overrated but he will go #1. The guy who really is the best at QB is Young.

I see the Hawks at pick 32, but lets say something crazy happens they get a top 5-15 pick. How much draft capital are you willing to drop to move up to get your guy?

My guy = Young
Offering up = (2) 1st, (1) 2nd and a 4th.
This d
The Hawks can't tank hard enough for Stroud or the 1st overall pick. They have minimum 5 wins in them and at best, that puts them at pick #4+.

I looked up Stroud, he seems overrated but he will go #1. The guy who really is the best at QB is Young.

I see the Hawks at pick 32, but lets say something crazy happens they get a top 5-15 pick. How much draft capital are you willing to drop to move up to get your guy?

My guy = Young
Offering up = (2) 1st, (1) 2nd and a 4th.
I don’t think there is a good answer to that question until we know the Seahawks draft position. The Bears traded up from #20 to #11 to get Fields and gave the 2022 first-round pick, plus a 4th and a 5th. Of course, if the Seahawks draft position is in the top-5 or even top-10, they won’t have to pay as much to move up.

The other factor to consider is that there are arguably four college quarterbacks worthy of a first round pick in 2023. So, I think it is quite possible to get the guy you want without moving up.

Let’s have these guys play out their college careers before getting dead set on “We gotta have ‘X’ even if we have to offer a Trey Lance kind of deal.”

Drafting QBs is an inexact science. This is coming from a Bears fan who saw Pace move up to draft Trubisky when he could have just sat patiently and drafted Mahomes!

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Curious what makes Stroud better than Levis, or vice versa?
I'm not a football coach...but right now, I would think it's his decision-making. Stroud seems to make great choices and is accurate and anticipatory. Levis is still a bit raw with his decision skills... but there's no doubt he has the head, the arm talent, and the escapability.

For my money, I like Levis or Richardson over Stroud or Young. I think they have long-term growth potential and I love their physicality. Nothing against Stroud, I don't believe in the OU curse. I get scared with Young, like one hit by an NFL lineman and he's broken in half; however, if he put on another 20 pounds, I'd be a little cooler with him.

Again...I'm not a football guru, I just see what I see.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Hopefully, this time we pick someone who can see over 6'4 linemen without having to rollout left or right.

JPPT1974

Reaction score
Either Drew or Geno are just a one year thing a cupholder as hope that they can draft a QB in 2023.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not a football coach...but right now, I would think it's his decision-making. Stroud seems to make great choices and is accurate and anticipatory. Levis is still a bit raw with his decision skills... but there's no doubt he has the head, the arm talent, and the escapability.

For my money, I like Levis or Richardson over Stroud or Young. I think they have long-term growth potential and I love their physicality. Nothing against Stroud, I don't believe in the OU curse. I get scared with Young, like one hit by an NFL lineman and he's broken in half; however, if he put on another 20 pounds, I'd be a little cooler with him.

Again...I'm not a football guru, I just see what I see.
Richardson has the body to be next Big Ben. He needs more experience, though. He’s definitely one of the guys I want to watch this season. I’d like to see his accuracy improve.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Richardson has the body to be next Big Ben. He needs more experience, though. He’s definitely one of the guys I want to watch this season. I’d like to see his accuracy improve.
You bet... great mobility and has a howitzer for an arm. If his accuracy comes along, he could be really great. He looked pretty good against a great Utah team the other night.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
what round did we get Wilson in? No need whatsoever to give away picks.
Tom Brady is the ultimate example of your point. And many first-round QBs are a bust. Drafting a QB is one of the most difficult tasks for a GM.

You would have a hard time finding a Bears fan, including me, who doesn’t believe that trading up with the Giants to get Justin Fields wasn’t worth the risk.

It all just depends on how things shake out on draft day. If the Seahawks draft as smartly in 2023 as in 2022, we’re in great shape.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’d give up a first and 2 seconds to move up if Stroud or Young are viable come draft time

chris98251

Reaction score
Give me the guy that has faster than average decision making and can read a defense and not panic under pressure. The physical traits I will take with whatever is there, it's the head that has to be right

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I’d give up a first and 2 seconds to move up if Stroud or Young are viable come draft time
Does it not depend on your starting draft position? Would you trade all that just to move up from #3 to #2?

I will give you a cautionary tale from my “other team” — the Bears. Pace traded 2 third round picks and one fourth to move from 3>2 with 49ers. That was stupid. He was duped by the 49ers. 49ers weren’t interested in drafting a QB in the first place, and they used one of those gift picks from the Bears to draft Fred Warner.

But Pace got it right on his second trade up to get Justin Fields, even though it cost more draft capital to move up 20>11.

It’s all a very tricky business, and I think the Seahawks need to stay calm and wait to see how the cards fall on draft day — having sweated through this twice with the Bears.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Give me the guy that has faster than average decision making and can read a defense and not panic under pressure. The physical traits I will take with whatever is there, it's the head that has to be right
I agree. Tom Brady and Mac Jones are good examples of the primacy of football IQ to play the position.

I rank the required body parts in this order:
1. Brain
2. Arm (both strength and accuracy)
3. Legs (speed and agility)

Last edited:
W

Welshers

why would we need to trade up when chances are we will be a top 3 pick in the NFL draft?

W

Welshers

Curious what makes Stroud better than Levis, or vice versa?
Stroud plays for a big name football program. This he gets heaps more attention. Only time will tell if he's better and the real deal.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I might spend 2 draft picks on getting a QB, but I want a QB for each of those. I'd rather take my chances one of them works out than throw half a draft class at just one guy. We got Wilson in the third. This as a DEEP class at the position and there are more to follow. It still mind boggles me how last year was so bereft of top QB talent.