Which qbs will be avaliable at 13?

Chevy

Reaction score
At #16 the top-4 QBs will probably have already been drafted. We could trade up, which would be costly. But If the GM and new Head Coach : ) believe in the player, then I'm all in.

We could trade up to #5 for the 3rd or 4th QB in the draft.

GemCity

Reaction score
At #16 the top-4 QBs will probably have already been drafted. We could trade up, which would be costly. But If the GM and new Head Coach : ) believe in the player, then I'm all in.

This is…..aspiring.

P.S. We’re fkd

NoGain

Reaction score
I think that ship has sailed. We just don't have the draft capital to do so. We'd get outbid. If we were just inside the top ten in picks, it would still cost us at least a couple of firsts to move up to the top 3 or 4 picks to get one of the top three. It doesn't come cheap when so many teams are horny for a franchise QB.

CactusJack

Reaction score
This is…..aspiring.

P.S. We’re fkd
You're likely going to have to jump teams like Vegas & Denver, who both are in need of a QB. A team like Chicago at 9, might be a willing trade partner.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
I think that ship has sailed. We just don't have the draft capital to do so. We'd get outbid. If we were just inside the top ten in picks, it would still cost us at least a couple of firsts to move up to the top 3 or 4 picks to get one of the top three. It doesn't come cheap when so many teams are horny for a franchise QB.
Looking over the chart. You could realistically move from pick 16 to 9, by giving up both of your 3rd round picks (78 & 81). But it's not impossible to pull off.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
Looking over the chart. You could realistically move from pick 16 to 9, by giving up both of your 3rd round picks (78 & 81). It might take a future 2nd. But it's doable.
Sure, moving up to #9 or so, but not into the top 3 or 4 picks. That's rich.

I mean, as it stands now, the top 4 picks could well be the top 3 QB's and Marvin Harrison.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Sure, moving up to #9 or so, but not into the top 3 or 4 picks. That's rich.

I mean, as it stands now, the top 4 picks could well be the top 3 QB's and Marvin Harrison.
Pick 16= 1000 points on the trade chart

Pick 9= 1350 points

A top 5 pick would certainly cost you a future 1st among other things.

Fwiw, going from #16 (1000) to #12 (1200) would cost you Pick #78 (200), in a straight swap. Which is a scenario that could very much be in play.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
We are not void of draft capitol. Yes we don't have a 2nd round pick this year, but we do have two 3rd round picks which makes up for it. So a move up to #5 with the Chargers is easily doable if the GM is willing to bet the farm on the QB.

We would have to overpay on the draft trade chart because of the QBs and QB needy teams. So our 1st round pick this year, a 3rd round pick this year, our 2025 1st & 2nd round picks, and our 2026 1st round pick. Yes that is a hell of a lot, but this offer could get us pick #5.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Typically, most teams have 15-18 prospects with a 1st Round grade. Some years it's less. But 15 is usually the average on a draft board.

Which means that they should have someone at Pick 16, who they view as worthy of that pick. Assuming they don't trade out. Regardless of whether or not it's a QB.

James in PA

Reaction score
John and Pete don't have the balls to draft a first round QB, let alone trade up for one. I do look forward to their Smoke & Mirrors College QB Tour again this year though in hopes that nobody takes the safety they have their hearts set on. Build from outside in, baby!

RiverDog

Reaction score
We're probably going to have to trade up into the top 10, which is going to be expensive. Thanks to the Willams trade, we're already without a 2nd rounder, so we're a little short on draft capital. It's just one more example of Pete thinking that he has a competitive team and makes a short-term decision to trade our future for what he thinks is a player that can get us over the top.

Most likely, we'll have to wait and see if one of them drops or do without. It's unfortunate as this is an above average draft class for quarterbacks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well, on the bright side, the Stealers are in the same boat with Tomlin and are worse off at QB than we are and will be picking after us.
So in other words, their stepsister is uglier than ours. I wouldn't call that a bright side.

Latest posts