Which Rookie are you excited for?

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Tical21":2xbvm9w7 said:
Tye Smith, gonna be a head-turner.

Agree. I screamed with joy with this pick. Just a feeling... But it is a really good feeling. Starter year two.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett....Yes yes yes, I finally got his first name correct. I kept calling him Kevin for some reason throughout the offseason. A close second rookie - Frank Clark.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I'm really excited to see what Brandon Cottom can bring to the table. We've seen Marshawn have trust issues with Derrick Coleman at times and the difference a versed blocker in Tukuafu had with that.

It might be a long shot, but if Cottom can be a better, younger, fresher Tukuafu. I think that'd be awesome for the run game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3b7oq6gd said:
Tyler Lockett....Yes yes yes, I finally got his first name correct. I kept calling him Kevin for some reason throughout the offseason. A close second rookie - Frank Clark.
Kevin is his father who played for the chiefs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":3mrh4vdt said:
"excitied"? What the hell man? Does no one have spell check?
Yeah :roll: He's the HC of the Patriots

Hawks46

Reaction score
nbk35zw":10ql03m0 said:
Tical21":10ql03m0 said:
Tye Smith, gonna be a head-turner.

Agree. I screamed with joy with this pick. Just a feeling... But it is a really good feeling. Starter year two.

Yea, I'm starting to have that feeling about him too, although I temper expectations until after TC. Maybe I put too much stock in preseason games, but I feel they're more telling than TC. You usually get sunshine and roses out of TC from the coaching staff anyways.

I'm also starting to get a feeling Simon won't pan out. He has all the talent in the world, but he can't stay healthy and doesn't seem to put the work in in the film room. Every time he subs in for someone that gets hurt, he looks completely unprepared. When he knows he's the starter that week, he looks better. The only real hope I have for him right now is that Maxwell was a b it snake bitten his first 2 years as well.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I haven't been this excited for a rookie class since 2012. I really think they hit this draft out of the park and I can't decide who I'm most excited to see

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Lockett for sure. He'll be the main Punt Returner and Kick Returner. I also think he will see the most playtime out of all the rookies.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Frank Clark. Much as I'm excited for Lockett too, the player that's ended the Seahawks postseason with a loss the last two times has been a pass rusher.

In the 2012/13 postseason, Chris Clemons ended our season with a loss to the Falcons. In the 2014/15 postseason, Cliff Avril ended our season with a loss. Do you see where this is going? We lose our #1/#2 pass rusher, then the opponent's passing game has their way with us, we lose.

Frank Clark will be the difference at crunch time. Frank Clark gives us one more #1/#2 pass rush difference -maker. All the propaganda noise about his "character" had nothing to do with playing football and was political-correctness-agenda-driven rubbish from the puppet presstitutes, following orders from their puppetmasters. There are other threads to discuss that; let's keep that there. When the game is between the lines and the whistle blows, Frank Clark will rule.

In a few years when we look back at the 2015 draft, Frank Clark will be the the Russell-Wilsonesque, Richard-Shermanesque bargain we celebrate.

netskier

Reaction score
And by the way, this cogent argument by Olyfan above explains exactly why we don't jettison Bennett as soon as we can. Clark will likely allow us to do this, but we need depth here, not absence of uppityness.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett, PR/KR/WR. This young fellow is the real deal & my #1 draft target, I'm glad they moved up to get him.

I don't remember where I saw a specific highlight film of Lockett that on one play, he was running full speed ahead with his 4.40 speed and did a complete 360 degree turn **without breaking stride**, The DB guarding him just fell flat on his face, I couldn't believe any player could do that. Balance +? Cat quick +?. Body control +?, Special = You bet.

I've gone through my projections below numerous times and readjusted & feel like they may now be pretty realistic. If Lockett can get to even 85-90% of these #'s, OROTY for Tyler Lockett is a very strong possibility.

I've based these *projections* on what I feel Locket will average in yards in each phase (and are further based on his college statistics). If the season unfolds the way I see it, the "12's" are in for a hell of a ride. Undefeated? Possibly, but 15-1, 14-2 & 13-3 are looking like achievable #'s to me and the playoffs & SB are all waiting.......

NOTE: From seahawks.com/statistics: (UGLY)
2014- Punt Returns: 64 total = 36 returns for 252-yds, (7.0-yds per return) + ****28 fair catches****, 0-TD's
2014- K. O. Returns: 39 returns for 820-yds, (21.0-yds per return) 0-TD's.

My **projection** for Tyler Lockett's return #'s (based on above # of opportunities):
54- Punt Returns (+ 10 fair catches, just 'till the blocking is better) for 864-yds (16.0-yd per return), 2-TD's.
39- K. O. returns for 1170-yds (30.0-yds per return), 2-TD's (NOTE: less than his college averages per return.)

My **projection** for Tyler Lockett's receiving #'s, (NOTE: Lockett should produce both "inside" & "outside".)
64 receptions for 992-yds, (15.5-yd. avg. per reception) 6-TD's.

My Tyler Lockett rookie season Total production **projection**:
93 total punt/KO returns for 2034-yds total (21.8-yds avg,), 4-TD's.
64 Receptions for 992-yds & 6-TD's.
TOTAL **All purpose yds.** = 3026 yds & 10-TD's (& is very, very firmly in OROTY territory).

Too Optimistic? Maybe, but I don't think so, IMHO, If all goes well, Lockett will prove his worth for sure and become a major weapon on offense as well as special teams. LET IT BE SO. (WOW, finally got to 1000 posts!!!!!)

rideaducati

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":15ifsw06 said:
Tyler Lockett, PR/KR/WR. This young fellow is the real deal & my #1 draft target, I'm glad they moved up to get him.

I don't remember where I saw a specific highlight film of Lockett that on one play, he was running full speed ahead with his 4.40 speed and did a complete 360 degree turn **without breaking stride**, The DB guarding him just fell flat on his face, I couldn't believe any player could do that. Balance +? Cat quick +?. Body control +?, Special = You bet.

I've gone through my projections below numerous times and readjusted & feel like they may now be pretty realistic. If Lockett can get to even 85-90% of these #'s, OROTY for Tyler Lockett is a very strong possibility.

I've based these *projections* on what I feel Locket will average in yards in each phase (and are further based on his college statistics). If the season unfolds the way I see it, the "12's" are in for a hell of a ride. Undefeated? Possibly, but 15-1, 14-2 & 13-3 are looking like achievable #'s to me and the playoffs & SB are all waiting.......

NOTE: From seahawks.com/statistics: (UGLY)
2014- Punt Returns: 64 total = 36 returns for 252-yds, (7.0-yds per return) + ****28 fair catches****, 0-TD's
2014- K. O. Returns: 39 returns for 820-yds, (21.0-yds per return) 0-TD's.

My **projection** for Tyler Lockett's return #'s (based on above # of opportunities):
54- Punt Returns (+ 10 fair catches, just 'till the blocking is better) for 864-yds (16.0-yd per return), 2-TD's.
39- K. O. returns for 1170-yds (30.0-yds per return), 2-TD's (NOTE: less than his college averages per return.)

My **projection** for Tyler Lockett's receiving #'s, (NOTE: Lockett should produce both "inside" & "outside".)
64 receptions for 992-yds, (15.5-yd. avg. per reception) 6-TD's.

My Tyler Lockett rookie season Total production **projection**:
93 total punt/KO returns for 2034-yds total (21.8-yds avg,), 4-TD's.
64 Receptions for 992-yds & 6-TD's.
TOTAL **All purpose yds.** = 3026 yds & 10-TD's (& is very, very firmly in OROTY territory).

Too Optimistic? Maybe, but I don't think so, IMHO, If all goes well, Lockett will prove his worth for sure and become a major weapon on offense as well as special teams. LET IT BE SO. (WOW, finally got to 1000 posts!!!!!)

16 yards per punt return would break the NFL record by two full yards. Seems a bit of a reach for a rookie. I'd be happy with an 8 yard punt return average after last season.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. Yes, You are correct, I am being generous in my projections for Tyler Lockett's return abilities, I do believe he can accomplish what I have set out, provided that he doesn't have any injury concerns. The return job is his to lose & I am of the opinion that he will SHINE in that roll. As to records (even if old) for punt return and kickoff return #;s, see the link below. (NOTE: 2 rookies (like TLock) are record holders) I don't know where you could find the NFL punt return average record of 14 yds. per return, that's a long way from a 23.0-yd average per return. (Maybe SB era only?, maybe as a career average?)

Per: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... individual)#Average_punt_return_yards

----""Average punt return yards.
Highest average yardage, career (min. 75 returns): 12.78 (112 returns for 1,431 yards), George McAfee, 1940-1950.
Highest average yardage, season (among qualified players): 23.00, Herb Rich, 1950.
Highest average yardage, highest average, season, rookie (among qualified players): 23.00, Herb Rich. 1950""

----""Average kickoff return yards.
Highest average, career (minimum 75 returns): 30.56 (91 returns for 2,781 yards), Gale Sayers, 1965–71.
Highest average, season (among qualified players): 41.06 (18 returns for 739 yards), Travis Williams, 1967.
Highest average, rookie, season (among qualified players): 41.06 (18 returns for 739 yards), Travis Williams, 1967.

IMO- These 2014 results were put up by players pretty similar to Tyler Lockett, however, Lockett is possibly just as fast and more importantly IMO - much "slicker" than these guys that were the higher performers in returns from the league last year on a punt return/K.O. return average yard basis.
2014: Julian Edelman, 25 PR's for 299-yds, 12.0-yd avg.
2014: Adam Jones, 22-PR's for 265-yds, 12.05-yd avg.
2014: Darren Sproles, 39 PR's for 506-yds, 13,0-yd avg.

2014: Devin Hester, 45 KO returns for 1128-yds, 25.07-yd avg.
2014: Jacoby Jones, 32 KO returns for 978-yds, 30.56-yd avg.
2014: Adam Jones, 27 KO returns for 844-yds, 31.26-yd avg.

I don't want to argue with anyone, think what you would want. my bottom line is we all have our own opinions & many like to share same with other 12's. + I'm a Lockett the rocket booster that wanted the Seahawks to draft him since the middle of the last college football season. Huge potential but that's just my opinion. Its great to see "positive" stuff after the last several months that have had a little too much "negativity" for this fan.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
City Of Reign":3mbq1p64 said:
I don't know why, but I'm really excited to see what Brandon Cottom can bring to the table. We've seen Marshawn have trust issues with Derrick Coleman at times and the difference a versed blocker in Tukuafu had with that.

It might be a long shot, but if Cottom can be a better, younger, fresher Tukuafu. I think that'd be awesome for the run game.

Ditto. I see him as more than a FB. For a big man he is dynamic with the ball in his hands. I like him more than Rawls, considerably.

cover-2

Reaction score
For me its Frank Clark! He is going to be a beast, intimidator, and a cornerstone to the defense.

[youtube]fBl76yNZicQ[/youtube]

Latest posts